Apple Music
economy

Pot Legal Age To Rise To 21 in Quebec

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/it-will-not-look-good-quebec-s-legal-pot-age-at-play-in-election-1.1141974

Most Provinces set the legal age for smoking weed to 19 the same age as alcohol in most Provinces

Quebec and Alberta both decided to set the legal age for pot at 18 when it becomes legal in 3 weeks

Quebec decided to turn it into an election issue and has vowed to increase the legal age to 21 from 18 originally

If passed that would make Quebec the Province with the oldest legal age for pot in Canada

jesse_batista
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

codymonster

Very good idea. Pot ****s with the brain, and when a brain is still developing, it can do a lot of long term damage. I'm glad they are keeping this in mind.

• Like 13
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1

Economy

I find it ironic that Canada's most conservative Province (Alberta) will have the lowest age and Quebec one of the most Liberal will have the oldest age :huh:

jesse_batista
  • Like 2

Economy
Just now, Ella Chalcedony said:

Can we stop saying "Pot"? It's derogatory word for the plant. I work in the Marijuana industry and words like "Cannabis" "Marijuana" are more preffered that that word.

Everything is derogatory in this society these days :interestinga:

Anyway, if it's a problem, I will say "cannabis" then.

I wasn't even aware it was a thing everyone I know has been saying pot for time. When did it become taboo to say that?

jesse_batista
  • Like 4

Ella Chalcedony
10 hours ago, codymonster said:

Very good idea. Pot ****s with the brain, and when a brain is still developing, it can do a lot of long term damage. I'm glad they are keeping this in mind.

Cannabis does not mess with the mind. Children who are 5 years old or 7 years old who have seizures or cancer are treated with THC and CBD and 99% of the time shows progress to total resolution. 

You wanna know what messes with the brain? Alcohol, Cigarettes, Fast food, Red Meat, Pork, Cow Milk etc which deteriorates the brain and the pineal gland located at the center of the brain. Cannabis benefits the body.

Edited by Ella Chalcedony
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 7

ryanripley

all legal ages for recreational use should be above 20

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Ella Chalcedony
15 hours ago, Economy said:

Everything is derogatory in this society these days :interestinga:

Anyway, if it's a problem, I will say "cannabis" then.

I wasn't even aware it was a thing everyone I know has been saying pot for time. When did it become taboo to say that?

Edited by Ella Chalcedony
  • LMAO 1

ryanripley
6 minutes ago, Ella Chalcedony said:

Can we stop saying "Pot"? It's derogatory word for the plant. I work in the Marijuana industry and words like "Cannabis" "Marijuana" are more preffered that that word.

girl...

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • Like 1

Alexander Levi
3 minutes ago, Ella Chalcedony said:

That's because society is ill. If you live in the USA and say POT it kinda urkes people more than if you say CANNABIS or MARIJUANA.

Oh lord - this is when I draw the line with sensitivity. If you are offended that people call a medicinal plant a different name....

• Like 10

Ella Chalcedony
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

Oh lord - this is when I draw the line with sensitivity. If you are offended that people call a medicinal plant a different name....

Calm down, im just trying to help people sound more educated. Im not sensitive. It just makes me laugh when people say "POT" than taking advantage of better words.

Economy
3 minutes ago, Ella Chalcedony said:

Cannabis does not mess with the mind. Children who are 5 years old or 7 years old who have seizures or cancer are treated with THC and CBD and 99% of the time shows progress to total resolution. 

You wanna know what messes with the brain? Alchohol, Cigarettes, Fast food, Red Meat, Pork, Cow Milk etc which deteriorates the brain and the pineal gland located at the center of the brain. Cannabis benefits the body.

Some studies have suggested otherwise

One study even showed results that those who start smoking it under 16 are 4X more likely to develop schizophrenia

Now yes a few studies don't prove it because there's always possible variables that may affect results but it's still under debate. You can't make the assertion that it doesn't mess with the mind

jesse_batista
  • Like 1

Rumours1977
5 minutes ago, Ella Chalcedony said:

You wanna know what messes with the brain? Alchohol, Cigarettes, Fast food, Red Meat, Pork etc which deteriorates the brain and the pineal gland located at the center of the brain. Cannabis benefits the body.

While I agree that those have effects on the body, you can't say Cannabis unequivocally "benefits the body". Like any other chemical you ingest or inhale, it can have negative long-term effects. If you do a simple google search about the long-term effects that cannabis (since we can't call it pot I guess) has on one's brain, you'll find plenty of support that it can have serious detrimental side effects.

• Like 11