💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A crazy theory about Gaga vs Katy 2012 Grammy famous pi

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

BornSimon
15 minutes ago, PrincessVenus said:

Lol at he end of the article they talk about a “certain other pop star” r they talking about Gaga???

I hate to break it to you but that used to be my blog, I wrote religiously for a while then stopped when I got a real job. I obviously did my best to promote Gaga (this article got a few thousand views https://thebiatchestalk.blogspot.com/2013/11/10-reasons-why-lady-gagas-ARTPOP-is.html and Lily Allen retweeted my review of Sheezus which I thought was amazing at the time) and used it to voice my opinion on just about everything really but always keeping it light-hearted. It was fun.

To answer your question: yes, I was talking about Gaga.

raragaga

woah that's really trippy

xoxo

I just found out from where katy perry's name came from lol 

Katy is from katy keene 

Perry is from this male character from the same comic book..  Omg lol 

Just read this 

762401.jpg

Tom Nook
3 hours ago, Anisko said:

ï»ż11ju2p3.jpg

Every time I see that Grammys pic, I can’t :lmao:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

1 hour ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

But did that comic book character ever cut her hair short while looking like a middle aged soccer mom trying to look cool?

40 minutes ago, Anisko said:

I just found out from where katy perry's name came from lol 

Katy is from katy keene 

Perry is from this male character from the same comic book..  Omg lol 

Just read this 

762401.jpg

yep that's katy keene getting her haircut inspirations sis

tumblr_pfgwu6Fm4Z1qhqptgo1_1280.jpg 

Sometimes i wonder did she really base her career on comic book character

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Giorno Giovanna

all 2 years or so this thread pops up 

:ladyhaha:

ă“ăźă‚žăƒ§ăƒ«ăƒŽă‚žăƒ§ăƒŽă‚ĄăƒłăƒŠć€ąăŒă‚ă‚‹

13 hours ago, Anisko said:

At this point I don't think it's just a conspiracy..  Katy is literally based her career on Katy Keene..  Even the name lol

I mean it's a funny theory but honestly - the name Katy is a normal nickname for Katherine and a lot of these "copy cat" styles mostly hinge upon the fact that Katy, for the majority of her career, has had this cartoonish and pin-up style aesthetic and has played upon the common tropes and common styles of pin up, burlesque, showgirls and the 1940's (although she also explores the 1920's - 1960's and occasionally beyond).

Roar:

jungle-bettie-page-bangs.jpgstock-vector-retro-comic-style-illustrathawaiian-pin-up-glamour-girl-topless-mars-l300.jpg804719855.jpg

California Gurls: 

Largely inspired by artist Will Cotton who created the album cover for the album Teenage Dream (both the standard and "the complete confection") and served as artistic director for the MV of California Gurls. It's just mixed in with Katy's pin up aesthetic.

cottoncandyclouds06zm.jpgwill_cotton_three.jpeg?1355067838

+

3e8023163372371d4be21e4a5dbe9ce7.jpglarge.jpg

More general accusations of copying:

U6SMBz9.pnghqdefault.jpgClaudette-Colbert-1941-swimsuit-333x500.

katy9.jpg9824a423f99cbe10b252b57505bfb00e.jpgshowgirl-andlauder_a-G-6857477-14258389.271a238c21ebdb94e788da5d53c92c6d--butterpic10.jpg

phz3ww0go42qbwe.png0eb9100e4ec73266bba7bf214a1876f4.jpgedlaynemermaid.jpgimg_5358.jpg?w=760

yLj9CAY.jpgneat+little+package+pinup+girl.jpgpin-up-girl-with-christmas-candy-cane-lostock-vector-retro-pinup-santa-s-helpers

Like it's a fun theory - especially since they are both called "Katy" but the truth is that they are just finding inspiration from similar sources so occasionally there is some overlap.

20 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I mean it's a funny theory but honestly - the name Katy is a normal nickname for Katherine and a lot of these "copy cat" styles mostly hinge upon the fact that Katy, for the majority of her career, has had this cartoonish and pin-up style aesthetic and has played upon the common tropes and common styles of pin up, burlesque, showgirls and the 1940's (although she also explores the 1920's - 1960's and occasionally beyond).

I completely agree ! Katy's looks are usually inspired by pin-ups style so yes it looks like Katy Keene's looks but it just looks like all these sexy-themed pictures from then.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

20 hours ago, BornSimon said:

then stopped when I got a ï»żreal job.

congratulations, honey. welcome to real life :D 

Archived