other

Child's Play Reboot Shows First Look Of Chucky

RAMROD

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

But it’s like 10 times scarier than the original series..... :cryga: And if you think otherwise I’m... concerned

IT was not scary at all, there was maybe 1 jump scare but that's it.. and I really slept because it was boring I woke up at the credits :laughga:

The original still gives me nightmares..

Horror remakes are usually bad, there was something so authentic with the 80s-90s horror films, in between a joke and scary, because like you knew that it's all plastic but at the same time it was so real.. the remakes will never top them, they are trying to be smart when all you need is to be scary.. and we are talking about remaking pop icons like IT, like Chucky, that their pictures are in our minds since we are young..

It's like I'm expecting from the young ones to learn and enjoy my childhood which is not THAT far and not to lean on remakes because it looks more "new and HD"...

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Regina George
33 minutes ago, River said:

IT was not scary at all, there was maybe 1 jump scare but that's it.. and I really slept because it was boring I woke up at the credits :laughga:

The original still gives me nightmares..

Horror remakes are usually bad, there was something so authentic with the 80s-90s horror films, in between a joke and scary, because like you knew that it's all plastic but at the same time it was so real.. the remakes will never top them, they are trying to be smart when all you need is to be scary.. and we are talking about remaking pop icons like IT, like Chucky, that their pictures are in our minds since we are young..

It's like I'm expecting from the young ones to learn and enjoy my childhood which is not THAT far and not to lean on remakes because it looks more "new and HD"...

Maybe because you were really young while watching it? I watched both versions year ago and I honestly don’t find the first one scary at all.. :cryga: I think objectively remake is scarier..

Scathach

Yeah like everyone was trashing IT reboot when it was announced and it ended up being a hit. People always complain about reboots but they always watch them. Next. 

Borislshere

giphy.gif

Don had the AUDACITY to say the remake would "Muddy the brand" yet he's made films were Chucky has sex and masturbates while his wife drugs and artificially inseminates a woman. If anyone has the right to be upset, it's not him. His original script for Child's Play was so bad it got constantly passed on. The more hands on Don's gotten with these films, the worse they've gotten. 

Let’s look at the facts...

1. Does this movie even need to exist? No. Is it sort of shady considering the original franchise is still going? Yes. 

2. Could this movie end up being really good? Yes. 

3. People need to inform themselves of what actually transpired within the series. Don Mancini did not create Chucky, Tom Holland did. And like them or hate them, since the series has been put in Mancinis hands, they’ve gotten worse with each entry and now exist straight to video. The first two films are the best aka the ones where he wasn’t in charge. 

4. The most recent IT film wasn’t a remake. It was a new adaptation of Stephen Kings novel. Stop calling it a remake. It wasn’t a remake. 

5. Have a good day. :)

48 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Maybe because you were really young while watching it? I watched both versions year ago and I honestly don’t find the first one scary at all.. :cryga: I think objectively remake is scarier..

I was like 12-13 I think when I watched it, but I watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space when I was younger and it spooked me to death.

My problem was that Pennywise was not scary at all, something was off, he was actually cringy and funny and the design was *maybe more accurate* but lost the scary.. I'm still jumping when I see randomly a pic of the original Pennywise, it's more haunting..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

7 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

But it’s like 10 times scarier than the original series..... :cryga: And if you think otherwise I’m... concerned

IT also isn’t a jump scare kind of film or book. That’s not Stephen King for the most part. His genre of horror is in ****ed up thriller kind of stuff. So yeah you could easily fall asleep in the build up if you aren’t super invested lol I think people went into IT with expectations that it would be like The Conjuring or something with lots of sharp scares. There were some but that’s not IT or even how Pennywise works as a villain.

IT is *creepy* but not really scary, I’d say, and that’s more Stephen King’s wheelhouse. Tbh I love the Tim Curry version but I’d never compare it to this one because they’re honestly both so different that it’s hard to do it beyond pure enjoyment levels. Tim Curry looked creepier because he looked like a real clown and really laid into that. He felt real. The movie laid a lot harder into mythology and fantasy and stuff. Just totally different (and also one is a series vs a movie so that, as well).

Flippy
9 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Will the first trailer become the compass for y'all to decide? :sis:

Actually yes :sweat: I'll try to watch this new one regardless to compare to the classic tbh

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Archived