Which Album Was Ahead Of Its Time?

Twitter

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
4 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Why do you all think that ARTPOP was ahead of its time ? Only real explanations with arguments please :huntyga:

Because Lady GayGay created EDM music. Duh

Spoiler

:selena:

5 hours ago, dynamite said:

I think Anastacia's self-titled 2004 album paved the way for the likes of Kelly Clarkson and P!nk's pop-rock change in music.

If you haven't heard it, listen to it from start to finish, it's amazing.

Idk about Kelly but P!nk had released two pop rock albums already before 2004

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

VOLANTIS

I don't know how you all claim ARTPOP as ahead of its time. It's the most 2012 album in 2013. People were well over tired of mainstream EDM when she finally dropped the album so Idgi :oprah: 

Do you really think we have a future that's going to bow down to mainstream EDM again?

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Bionic, and tbh Love.Angel.Music.Baby.,,, at least with a few songs (like Long Way To Go, featuring an audio sample of a speech and mixing it up/making it upbeat) lmao idk :vegas:

The fact why ARTPOP was ahead of it's time was because she mixed a lot of different sounds and themes in one album, which became mainstream later. Also DWUW is her most ahead of time single ever.

Compare DWUW (2013) to these that came after 2013.

Spoiler

God Control

I would say just ARTPOP, but I'd say ARTPOP according to its original plans, when it was supposed to be released as an App, give people chords to create their own mixes, the flying dress, performance in space, the originally conceptualized singles and music videos. That was revolutionary, but sadly, none of that came to fruition. The album is great and for me, it's way better than Joanne and Cheek to Cheek, but it's sad how it the signs of rushing and bad management and planning can be seen all over it.

Monster7

OK Computer by Radiohead ended up being the origin of rock sound for all the 2000s.

The Fame changed pop music, made EDM mainstream for more than five years after its release.

3 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

I don't know how you all claim ARTPOP as ahead of its time. It's the most 2012 album in 2013. People were well over tired of mainstream EDM when she finally dropped the album so Idgi :oprah: 

Do you really think we have a future that's going to bow down to mainstream EDM again?

Many people would think that ARTPOP is an 'EDM masterpiece', while it is a good album, it is majorly still a regular pop album. There are many not so popular electronic artists out there that would outdo what ARTPOP is instrumental wise.

I expected ARTPOP to be some crazy experimental electronic dance album but that wasn't the case when it came out. I guess Interscope didn't want her to go really out there for the sake of appealing to the public.

Lord Temptation

ARTPOP sounds more “out of this world” than “ahead of the time”. In retrospect the album kind of killed EDM :vegas:

I cringe everytime people said ARTPOP was ahead of it's time...  I knew its a good album but the idm sound is already outdated when ARTPOP was released .

For me BORN THIS WAY was ahead of it's time 

Hounds of Love by Kate Bush; Low by David Bowie; Medúlla by Björk; In Rainbows by Radiohead; Bionic by Christina Aguilera - just to name a few. 

Echo I created.

evil sheep

The Fame, Discovery, Homework, True Romance

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry

Archived