Is Katy Perry a Gay icon? (Poll)

yes or no?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. is katy a gay icon

• yes
    • no

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

I mean she already told me in a song that "I'm so gay", so how can she not be?  :huntyga:

20GAYTEEN better cum thru
  • LMAO 1

Successga

Not with her debut having two homophobic songs. She used to make cute pop songs and that's it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ella Chalcedony

She 'used' to be an icon for girls in highschool, thats it lol All i remember my freshman through senior year (2009-2012) all the girls liked Katy Perry and thought Gaga was gross and weird.

• Like 1

TheAlpha

I’m sure there’s a lot of young gay boys who look up to her. She probably is for most of them.

Edited by TheAlpha
You know this is just my opinion, right?
  • Like 1

tomsches

A lot of gay people like her music (unfortunately).

But she's not a gay ICON

ReginaGeorge

This unnecessary “Katy hate train” has to stop to be honest. I don’t understand how you can’t be objective. She sings on the same level as Rihanna but she is crucified because of her bad live vocals. She released “So Gay” single (or whatever name it is) and you hate her but Azealia said she openly dislikes LGBT community but y’all still love her. Katy shares big budget video and you call them cheap yet LDR releases literally VHS tape video and y’all praise it. Katy did nothing wrong, she always supported Gaga and (like it or not) her song “I Kissed A Girl” helped to make LGBT community more “mainstream”. She is one of the biggest pop girls in 2010s along with Gaga, Britney, Rihanna.. Just give it a break. 

EDIT: Also she has been raised in highly religious family.. She probably learned for years that being gay is sin, etc.. She clearly changed and her views are more out of the box. She openly criticized her parents for being republicans and she openly supported LGBTQ community for years now. 

Edited by ReginaGeorge
  • Like 1

FentyGa
19 hours ago, Andreu said:

yes but not as much as other people

dunno why tho, but i think she is

Agreed

Taide

There were two types of gays back in '10.

Gays who loved Gaga and gays who loved Katy.

And yes, she is.