💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Green Book Wins 2018 TIFF's People Choice Award

RAMROD

Featured Posts

green-trailer.jpg

The people have spoken – at least those common folk who attended the just-wrapped 43rd Toronto International Film Festival and voted for the esteemed People’s Choice Award. While there was speculation that Bradley Cooper’s “A Star Is Born” might win, it instead went to “Green Book,” which received a rousing standing ovation at its premiere at North America’s biggest film gathering.

Two more expected titles, Alfonso Cuaron’s “Roma” and Barry Jenkins’ “If Beale Street Could Talk,” were second and first runners-up respectively.

The People’s Choice winner doesn’t always end up grabbing Oscar’s top honor, although more than a few have gone on to such glory, including 1981’s “Chariots of Fire,” 1999’s “American Beauty,” 2008’s “Slumdog Millionaire,” “The King’s Speech” and “12 Year’s a Slave.” But they generally earn some Academy Award recognition, as was the case with “La La Land” and “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”

"Green Book,” which is due to open November 21 — just in time for the holidays ‐ right now stands at 100% positive at Rotten Tomatoes.

More at source:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/green-book-oscars-toronto-film-festival-news-7140385936/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mulholland

This movie looks really bad, and I get the impression it's going to be a "Three Billboards" mess when it actually gets released.

Matt Drudge of the Drudge Report tweeted about this and alluded to ASIB not living up to the hype, we should of voted harder :grr:

I really hoped ASIB would win this but 

tenor.gif?itemid=5222039

Also, this is the first time I heard of Green Book? When did it premiere? I knew the other two but ??? 

I went to the People's Choice screening of Green Book tonight, and while it was ok, it is no where close to the level of A Star is Born. Even being a major Gaga fan aside, the two movies, in my opinion, aren't even close to the same level. I think TIFF majorly messed up how they approached calculating the votes for People's Choice this year. It used to be based off of having to submit your ticket number in order to vote, but this year they only require an email address. They insist they had a 'special way to calculate and validate' the votes but I think ASIB got an overwhelming number of votes from people who didn't see the movie and then they just threw out half the votes ASIB actually got. I have a very hard time believing it didn't even make top 3 since almost all the reviews were extremely positive and they had to add extra showings (because the "people" increased the demand)! Once ASIB actually premieres in theatres though, it will speak for itself! <3 

GypsyBabe
Just now, JengKay said:

I didn't use all of my family members' email addresses for this :messga:

I did :icega:

⚯͛

Archived