• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirrion Rizzons
9 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

I know. I meant to quote the post about its US peak :selena:

oh:giveup:

StrawberryBlond

Yeah, this song felt big at the time. I saw it used on quite a few shows in the UK, like Strictly Come Dancing (they even used it as part of a live performance twice 7 and 8 years after it came out) and Dancing On Ice. I believe it was used on Dancing With The Stars as well. Because of its retro nature it was ideal for dance shows where a dance from the 20's-50's had to be performed, like a Charleston or rock n roll, so it covered a lot of bases and is good to interject a bit of newer music in. It's undoubtedly one of Christina's most iconic hits, as seen by the fact that it's her second most viewed YouTube video and has her third biggest likes. I think it was just one of those things where Christina has never been an artist that sold mega millions, especially when it came to her singles. It's sad but some artists are just like that, there's no particular reason why. Although the retro nature of the album pulled in an older crowd and as is the case with an older crowd, they tend to buy albums but not singles. I wouldn't be surprised if this meant they heard the song on the radio, liked it and bought the album based on the strength of that rather than the individual song.

Archived