Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was 'Candyman' a flop?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its so weird but the Back to Basics era felt much bigger than what it was. Like i too remember being a kid and thinking this was a huge song cuz it was everywhere and everyone would watch the mv or mention it for some reason. Years later when i finally understood / cared for charts i was shocked to see the low peaks. I guess impact does not equal chart peaks but still...its just odd to me lol

I think the fact that it was everywhere gave it a bad impact, in some sense, you didn't need to buy the single because it was sufficient to turn on the radio and listen to it.. + For some reason, Xtina is considered a guilty pleasure, so many likes her but will not admit it or buy her music..

It's really strange with her..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

AndiGaga
1 hour ago, Rumours1977 said:

Candyman isn't the only example of this for the Back to Basics era.

For example, I'd say Hurt is known by the GP overall. However, it only managed to peak at #19 on the BB Hot 100.

Can somebody tell my what "GP" means? 😂 im from Germany and googleing it didnt help me

KatieJudasGaga4
18 minutes ago, AndiGaga said:

Can somebody tell my what "GP" means? 😂 im from Germany and googleing it didnt help me

General Public

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, Chuckles said:

Lol we already know that chart positions is not equalt to impact. Next.

The charts have been cancelled when BR didn't hit #1 in the US, so yea Next.

1 hour ago, Rumours1977 said:

Candyman isn't the only example of this for the Back to Basics era.

For example, I'd say Hurt is known by the GP overall. However, it only managed to peak at #19 on the BB Hot 100.

But Hurt was actually a big hit everywhere else. It peaked within the Top 10 in most markets and reached #1 some places.

rumours
28 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

But Hurt was actually a big hit everywhere else.

It depends what country you look at, though. In the UK and US (countries the OP used), it didn’t reach the Top 10 in either. It also performed even worse than Candyman in places like Canada. 

Pop Music

I thought you meant 220px-Candymanposter.jpg

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

whether or not it was a flop it changed my life :vegas:

candyman981 my username for like 8 years on a website lmao

Mirrion Rizzons
18 hours ago, TeenIdle said:

Slave's low peak is because of Britney's radio ban in the USA. 

OT: Hurt is more shocking to me. That song is on every talent show ever and I hear it all the time, even now :oprah: 

the radio ban wasn't in england though

Mirrion Rizzons
18 hours ago, Werk said:

How did you ask them though like did you ask them like "Do you know Candyman?" or like played them the song

lmao well Obviously not everyone but I always hear people (guys too) humming or singing it and it plays at lots of parties I go to when the throwback bops come on:ladyhaha:

19 hours ago, 01Jaime said:

I thought this was about that B horror movie with madonna

I think had Madonna been in that movie, I would have had to trade in my stan card. And I even forgave Swept Away. :ladyhaha:

I've always liked the song and really hope she does it on the Liberation Tour (and doesn't cancel.) Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived