do you consider ASIB a musical? :sis:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpaceAce
26 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

what r y'all fighting about idk :huntyga:

We’re having a quasi intellectual argument that’ll mean nothing in the end- mostly my bad. :ohwell:

CannaeDrive

The last ASIB (1976) with Streisand was competing in the Comedy or Musical category at the Golden Globes, why would it be different this time given the similarities between the 2 movies? Besides nothing is confirmed as yet, so just wait before jumping to conclusions/meltdowns. 

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

crisTEAne
1 hour ago, highlikegaga said:

illiteracy clearly jumped out. 

i see what you did there :lmao:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

ZiggyZiggs
2 hours ago, T E A said:

do you consider ASIB a musical? :sis:

1 hour ago, SpaceAce said:

We’re having a quasi intellectual argument that’ll mean nothing in the end- mostly my bad. :ohwell:

imho it can go either way. ASIB is one of those rare movies that can go by being a musical or a drama. essentially it's a MUSICAL DRAMA. since the Golden Globes don't have a musical/ drama category it can either be submitted for the musical/ comedy or the drama categories. it all depends on how WB wants to push it. its a romantic drama at it's heart that revolves around music.

the 1976 version is no la la land or the greatest showman, but it was still submitted to the comedy/ musical category. so this just proves that it's all in WB's hands and how they want to move forward with it awards contention-wise.

Archived