Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

ASIB competing in Drama category at Golden Globes

Scathach

Featured Posts

SpaceAce
46 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Genres are supposed to delineate the nature of films into their respective categories, not indicate their importance. La La Land was categorised under Musical and yet Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were still acknowledged for their acting at the Oscars, with Emma winning eventually.

Exactly, so why place a drama in the musical / comedy category? Lol that’s just another way for backlash to grow immensely. 

I understand perfectly what a genre is. However when it comes to the Golden Globes, lets not pretend the drama category is equal to the comedy/musical category in any manner.

La la Land was an anomaly. And nobody believes Emma Stone deserved best actress for what little she did in that film.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpaceAce
30 minutes ago, Bradley said:

'The songs move the plot forward' - Bradley literally said the songs are closely related to the characters in the movie. If anything the plot and music are interwoven with each other.

And I understand your definition, Whiplash for example is a movie about music that is a drama.

But A Star is Born has NINETEEN songs written for it, most media sites classify it as a musical.

Let me also remind you guys how loosely defined that Golden Globe category is, movies like The Martian (a science-fiction) and I, Tonya (a biographical film) have been nominated under those categories.

I’ve seen the movie and most people will come out of the theatre remembering 4 songs. Tops. In no way is this film a musical.

androiduser

this definitely drastically decreases any chances for a win, but I guess it's pair play that they don't want to go with a different category just because it would be easier

crisTEAne

lmao at everyone who doesn't think ASIB is a musical. :lmao:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

giskardsb

I always find it interesting that fans that measure so much of music and art as a competition, are afraid of actually competing against "strong" competition.   People would rather have an "easy win" and an award or #1 designation so they can have stan bragging rights.  It's all pretty silly if you ask me.   

FentyGa
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

IDK why are y'all so surprised... ASIB is def not your traditional musical (yes it has many songs in it and yes it has soundtrack but it is not traditional musical).. When you think about it it's more of a drama.. And it's def not comedy.. 

That nose scene was pretty funny to me:derpga:

Spoiler

naj jk it belongs in the drama section

Reality
13 minutes ago, T E A said:

lmao at everyone who doesn't think ASIB is a musical. :lmao:

It's not a musical though... It's a movie about music, but the genre of the movie is certainly not "musical/comedy." Sure, when you look up "musical movies" in Google, it'll show you ASIB, but I think there's a difference between having a genre entitled "musical" and having music in a movie. 

Once again, I haven't seen ASIB so for all I know, maybe it is a musical, but from what we've seen it's not. Musicals are like The Greatest Showman, High School Musical, literally any Disney movie, La La Land, Grease, etc. 

🃏🖤👹

bloody g

Perfect, people will take it more seriously. They're not going for the easy win :vegas:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

crisTEAne
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It's not a musical though... It's a movie about music, but the genre of the movie is certainly not "musical/comedy." Sure, when you look up "musical movies" in Google, it'll show you ASIB, but I think there's a difference between having a genre entitled "musical" and having music in a movie. 

Once again, I haven't seen ASIB so for all I know, maybe it is a musical, but from what we've seen it's not. Musicals are like The Greatest Showman, High School Musical, literally any Disney movie, La La Land, Grease, etc. 

not to sound too pretentious, but i literally minored in film history and theory. :classy:

Spoiler

i loved those classes. :diane:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Perfect, people will take it more seriously. They're not going for the easy win :vegas:

Exactly. I’m excited that it will be up against some great competition. I’m not striving for an easy win tbh. 

⚯͛

Reality
2 minutes ago, T E A said:

not to sound too pretentious, but i literally minored in film history and theory. :classy:

Reveal hidden contents

i loved those classes. :diane:

So what separates ASIB from dramas that revolve around music? Also, where does the "comedy" come in? I know that ASIB does have some funny moments, but to label it as a comedy before a drama just seems plain wrong.

🃏🖤👹

Archived