💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

ASIB competing in Drama category at Golden Globes

Scathach

Featured Posts

I figured from all y’all saying musical they would be going w Musical/Comedy to ensure their wins, but honestly yasss at that nerve to go for Drama (even if it should be drama). 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
12 minutes ago, gag said:

NOOOOOOOOOO :grr:

This might as well be the dumbest possible move. Drama is so competitive and they’d NEVER award a musical in it. It’s reserved for films considered “important” like Roma or BlacKkKlansman. It also reserves Gaga and Bradley to Best Actor/Actress in a Drama Movie and they’d have much better chances in Comedy/Musical.

If WB f***s this up I’m going to their headquarters to protest :grr:

ASIB is important.. it deals with alcoholism and addiction..

Reality
19 minutes ago, Scathach said:

1976 was in musical category so everyone expected the same for this one

I've never seen that version, so I can't really speak on this fully, but perhaps that was incorrectly categorized too. From what I know and from what I've seen, ASIB (not just Bradley's/Gaga's, but all of them) is a drama that centers around music. A musical is its own genre. 

🃏🖤👹

Bradley
11 minutes ago, Scathach said:

It actually belongs in drama because it is not a musical or a comedy. We just all thought it would be in the later category.

It is a musical what are you guys smoking

Scathach
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

It is a musical what are you guys smoking

La La Land is a musical. ASIB is not. The characters do not break into songs randomly.

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Scathach said:

La La Land is a musical. ASIB is not. The characters do not break into songs randomly.

Lmao who ever said that you need to 'break into songs randomly' to be a musical? :air: What kind of unclear and non-sensical definition is that

Bradley
9 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

It makes sense to me. If it wins awards in the drama categories, come Oscar time, Bradley and Gaga will be taken more seriously in their acting categories. 

Genres are supposed to delineate the nature of films into their respective categories, not indicate their importance. La La Land was categorised under Musical and yet Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were still acknowledged for their acting at the Oscars, with Emma winning eventually.

Azor Ahai
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Lmao who ever said that you need to 'break into songs randomly' to be a musical? :air: What kind of unclear and non-sensical definition is that

A musical film is like musical theatre but on film format. A movie about a singer isn't a musical just because it's about music. Musicals have dance numbers and the songs move the plot forward etc.

Max Vandeburg

A movie about singers isn't necessarily a musical. It's not that simple.

The songs are a "character" in the film, as Bradley says, but (apparently) they're not the centerpiece of it.

Anyway, I'm glad they have the balls to compete in drama category. 

nodandsmile

Good luck going agaisnt Roma, If Beale Street Could Talk, First Man, Widows,Vice etc. and Gaga going agaisnt Glenn, Nicole, Viola, Saoirse etc. when her only real competition in Musical/Comedy would be whoever goes lead for the Favourite... Chiiile I hope not ...

Bradley
12 minutes ago, Azor Ahai said:

A musical film is like musical theatre but on film format. A movie about a singer isn't a musical just because it's about music. Musicals have dance numbers and the songs move the plot forward etc.

'The songs move the plot forward' - Bradley literally said the songs are closely related to the characters in the movie. If anything the plot and music are interwoven with each other.

And I understand your definition, Whiplash for example is a movie about music that is a drama.

But A Star is Born has NINETEEN songs written for it, most media sites classify it as a musical.

Let me also remind you guys how loosely defined that Golden Globe category is, movies like The Martian (a science-fiction) and I, Tonya (a biographical film) have been nominated under those categories.

Azor Ahai
Just now, Bradley said:

'The songs move the plot forward' - Bradley literally said the songs are closely related to the characters in the movie. If anything the plot and music and interwoven with each other.

And I understand your definition, Whiplash for example is a movie about music that is a drama.

But A Star is Born has NINETEEN songs written for it, most media sites classify it as a musical.

Let me also remind you guys how loosely defined that Golden Globe category is, movies like The Martian (a science-fiction) and I, Tonya (a biographical film) have been nominated under those categories.

Those films were nominated for having a "funny" tone and thus being comedies. That's why it's called Comedy/Musical. "Campy" films go there. I mean I can see ASIB competing in that category but I think it better fits the drama category.

Max Vandeburg
Just now, SimplyTheBest said:

Good luck going agaisnt Roma, If Beale Street Could Talk, First Man, Widows,Vice etc. and Gaga going agaisnt Glenn, Nicole, Viola, Saoirse etc. when her only real competition in Musical/Comedy would be whoever goes lead for the Favourite... Chiiile I hope not ...

I think you're underestimating the movie a little bit. Gaga's performance was critically acclaimed as much as these actresses you mentioned. I'm not saying she's going to win, but definitely she's a VERY strong competitor at this point too.

nodandsmile
7 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

I think you're underestimating the movie a little bit. Gaga's performance was critically acclaimed as much as these actresses you mentioned. I'm not saying she's going to win, but definitely she's a VERY strong competitor at this point too.

You might be right, the popstar bias might be the only thing working agaisnt her and I hope she can overcome it... And she is eligible for another catogory

Archived