Good German Songs?

A Hybrid

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BornAsUnic0rn
9 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

I didn't try to make fun of her. Actually, I recommended him to listen to her music. :kara:

I’m so sorry, I totally misread it. So so sorry, so let’s disregard my statement about you ridiculing Helene, and the rest still remains true.

Thanks for letting me know. It probably was just too surprising for me hearing someone German not talking bad about Helene. :hug:

Cro is awesome (my avi).

He has really a good taste in fashion (imo) & he's kinda mysterious (the mask thing). I really enjoy his songs. It's rap but we can say it's pop & rap (King of RAOP) for some songs ;)

When I was younger (& in the "emo" era) we were listening a lot to Lafee with a friend. 

A Hybrid

Okay guys, now I have a playlist of 40+ songs, I’ll let you know what I like!

Starting with this “Schlager Queen” woman, why are the opinions on her do divided? :oprah:

No family’s safe when I sashay

A Hybrid

Helene is maybe too Katy Perry for me, but Kraftklub might be my new thing :rockstar:

BornAsUnic0rn
57 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Starting with this “Schlager Queen” woman, why are the opinions on her do divided? :oprah:

Partially because “Ew Schlager”(even tho she isn’t actually THAT Schlager-ish. That’s just the sound she started with, and now she does huge sold out Stadium tours and tv productions, so basically “Schlager to pop” like Taylor went “country to pop”. ) and partially because that’s how German showbiz works kinda. It’s bizarre. It’s kinda like Gaga has said several times, that we in general want to see the Popstar Fall and we love a good Phoenix rising from it’s ashes story. But in Germany we just really really hate everything that’s popular and big. Heidi Klum, Tokio Hotel (back in the day we really really hated them while they were crazily popular), Helene, Angela Merkel, Sarah Connor (kinda the German Britney Spears/XTina, she used to sing English tho, that’s why I didn’t mention her. But she started doing German Pop Stuff in later Years, so give her a try.), you name it. And that isn’t a new thing, Marlene Dietrich was never near as liked here as she was globally, German media basically hated everything Marlene related, even long after WWII.

A Hybrid
1 minute ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Partially because “Ew Schlager”(even tho she isn’t actually THAT Schlager-ish. That’s just the sound she started with, and now she does huge sold out Stadium tours and tv productions, so basically “Schlager to pop” like Taylor went “country to pop”. ) and partially because that’s how German showbiz works kinda. It’s bizarre. It’s kinda like Gaga has said several times, that we in general want to see the Popstar Fall and we love a good Phoenix rising from it’s ashes story. But in Germany we just really really hate everything that’s popular and big. Heidi Klum, Tokio Hotel (back in the day we really really hated them while they were crazily popular), Helene, Angela Merkel, Sarah Connor (kinda the German Britney Spears/XTina, she used to sing English tho, that’s why I didn’t mention her. But she started doing German Pop Stuff in later Years, so give her a try.), you name it. And that isn’t a new thing, Marlene Dietrich was never near as liked here as she was globally, German media basically hated everything Marlene related, even long after WWII.

Thanks, I was confused. After listening to her most popular song I thought that’s something people would generally like and would get huge radio airplay

TheSlash
4 hours ago, Widows Kiss said:

Helene Fischer (Schlager), she's like the German Taylor Swift. Also, Katja Krasavice, the German queen of pop. :huntyga:

:sharon: 

OT: Well, German music is not good for learning the language. I mean, we have rap artists and some pop and songwriter artists, but they mostly use the language in a very non-standard German way (for example, the sentence "Ich möchte nicht mehr" (I dont wanna anymore) becomes "Ich will nich mehr") which may be confusing for learners (to the Germans: I know this example is pretty easy and lame, but we learnt it :trollga:  :huntyga: ). Also consider that these artists all have their own way of singing it ("ich" becomes "isch" is pretty common :vegas: )

You should really consider to listen to Schlager (like Helene Fischer or Andrea Berg) or even Volksmusik (folk music), bc these artists have pretty easy songs to sing along and understand and usually they use standard-German.

Lastly, here are some songs I consider easy to understand (even tho Germans hate it with a passion, me being included :oops: ):

And the infamous

:selena: 

And I wish you ofc the very best for learning our beautiful language :kara: . Here are the most important phrases (please, for your own well-doing, don't take them seriously :selena: ):

"I'm hungry" --> "Currywurst her, aber schnell!"

"I honestly don't know" --> "Lass mich mit dem Rotz in Ruhe. Ich habe eh keine Ahnung."

"I wish you the very best" --> "Bitte stirb."

"Wig snatched" --> "Perücke geschnappt"

Ew, David!

Sarah Connor is the only German artist I listen to, probably because she usually performs in English lol :laughga:

But she has a couple German hits! 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

3 hours ago, Florian said:

@benKo help please!

Most of them are already in here. Most of the german videos are restricted in othert countries, just search for Rosenstolz, Silbermond, Glasperlenspiel and Sarah Connor.

The best german song:

Some others:

4 hours ago, ComeToDaddy said:

STOP IT

:ohwell:

" in mir warn mehr Männer drin als im trojanischen Pferd ?!!!! 😂😂😂😂

A Hybrid
1 hour ago, TheSlash said:

Lastly, here are some songs I consider easy to understand (even tho Germans hate it with a passion, me being include:oops: ):

I can’t with you :poot: The title is good German songs, I take half of my classes including maths, physics, chemistry and biology in German :poot: :poot:

I’m doing Abitur next year :poot: :poot: :poot:

My German is not bad :poot: :poot: :poot: :poot:

Archived