đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Gaga and Bradley dethrone all acting competitors in Oscar predictions

Bradley

Featured Posts

thierryrreiht
10 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Reminder that probably 95% of GoldDerby users and experts expected TIHTY to win. Don't take this as a promise and end up having meltdowns. 

Stop bringing TIHTY.

Critics WERE right: it SHOULD have been the winner.
But a song about surviving and overcoming rape, in 2015-2016 Hollywood, pre-Weinstein (and so many more) scandals, with a jury composed from a lot of "straight white males"?
In hindsight, it had 0 chances. Even if it was the right song to choose, it couldn't win. Today, it would win by a far margin. But I see her performance as a dog whistle to what was about to happen 16months or so later. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of of old Hollywood won’t be happy with this, remember the shock and light laughter when Scarlett Johansson introduced Gaga’s performance for Sound of Music

TheAlpha
Just now, S0436 said:

A lot of of old Hollywood won’t be happy with this, remember the shock and light laughter when Scarlett Johansson introduced Gaga’s performance for Sound of Music

And once she opened her mouth and started singing, old Hollywood was shook. 

You know this is just my opinion, right?

26 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Reminder that probably 95% of GoldDerby users and experts expected TIHTY to win. Don't take this as a promise and end up having meltdowns. 

But a nomination seems likely. :vegas: 

The problem with TIHTY with the Oscars was selling. We all know that the Oscars and Grammys winners has to be quality, popularity and also good selling and at that point the Bond theme did it better.

James Gibson
25 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

But a nomination seems likely. :vegas: 

I know you guys want to keep the expectations down. But there are other more plausible reasons Gaga could lose or not be nominated besides "they predicted wrong in the past".

TIHTY oscar race was confusing because the actual frontrunner wasn't nominated (See You Again) and the song only started getting traction in the very end. It wasn't nominated at the globes (which Sam Smith won) because documentary songs are not eligible there. There was no precursors to know who was the most likely. Everybody was counting on TIHTY because of its message and the impact the song and Gaga's performance could make (which it did). But tons of people don't like the actual song because they think it's repetitive and boring.

Gaga's race on best actress is entirely different. She's being acclaimed and considered a revelation. Young girl in a breakthrough movie is narrative Oscars cling into many times. Specially a 'career transformation' one. Besides, Best Actress has many more precursors and other awards + media coverage to follow and then base your predictions. Her cons are being a chamaleon pop star people don't respect many times + being in a first major role + the competition which includes an overdue veteran, an acclaimed talented black actress that was snubbed in the lead category before and is getting another chance now (the ONLY time a black actress won lead actress before was Halle Berry in 2002), also a very popular actress which is living a career renaissance and playing an also transformative role, besides a loved comedian doing a serious acclaimed movie for the first time. And even if all that, Gaga is still holding amazing in the race even if she doesn't win. We can be proud of that.

And lastly, upsets happens. Of course few can see it happen because IT'S AN UPSET, which means other contenders had more reasons people believed it would win, and most of the times it's correct. La La Land could've easily won best picture, but it didn't. But in that context it made sense it would win. Be ready something like this to happen even if it makes us sad. But it doesn't mean we have to discredit the reasons pointing she's got a chance

crisTEAne
40 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

I love Glenn Close and she is one of the best actresses of all time. It’s an absolute travesty that she hasn’t won an Oscar yet. 

But, I obviously do hope Gaga will win, but a nomination will make me so proud regardless!

same goes for amy adams. :noparty:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

5 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

barbra streisand did that with funny girl in the 60's and she won :huntyga:

True, but she also only tied.

LetsGetHigh
44 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Stop bringing TIHTY.

Critics WERE right: it SHOULD have been the winner.
But a song about surviving and overcoming rape, in 2015-2016 Hollywood, pre-Weinstein (and so many more) scandals, with a jury composed from a lot of "straight white males"?
In hindsight, it had 0 chances. Even if it was the right song to choose, it couldn't win. Today, it would win by a far margin. But I see her performance as a dog whistle to what was about to happen 16months or so later. 

All I'm pointing out is that GoldDerby is not something you should put your total hope and belief in. It will turn extremely bitter like it did in 2016. Look at how Sam is now basically hated by most of the fanbase when the poor guy even had a GGD account. It's just toxic all around.

I remember when all of the publications predicted TIHTY to win and it didn’t, I had the biggest meltdown ever. I wouldn’t believe anything until I see gaga accept that award with my own eyes. 

idk Glenn never won one, don't let her be the Oscar's Katy..and she's so adorable and wonderful actress, I think we can let her win this time.. also, an Oscar after the first movie can kill her acting career

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Gaga will be nominated as Best Actress. 

She will be the first female pop star nominated in that catagory in 30 years.  

if she wins -that’s great.

If she loses she will still be given a best song Oscar.

She will also be one of the few  women nominated for multiple Oscars in one year. 

Any way you want to look at this is golden  

OK  so from what ive been reading, It seems that Gaga and Glenn Close will be the two competing for the Best Actress award! 

for Glenn 1296 experts on goldderby predict a nomination and of those,  826 predict she will win 

Gaga is  1277/325

Archived