💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Carrie Underwood Releases Cry Pretty Album

GagaisHotAF

Featured Posts

GagaisHotAF

Carrie Underwood released her sixth album today! The album is 13 songs and features the singles ‘Cry Pretty’ and ‘Love Wins’ 

Probably on Grindr

pink sushi

Looks like Carrie Underwood isn't popular amongst the hunties. :( 

I like Southbound, Love Wins, Kingdom, and The Champion! 

stevevacante

I was hoping someone would post about this! I've been following Carrie for her entire career and this is honestly my favorite record she's done. 

"Backsliding" and "That Song That We Used To Make Love To" have so much crossover potential and "The Bullet" is a hauntingly beautiful addition

AmericanGUY

EUWY is that song!!

'low' & 'cry pretty' ate too ugh

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

StrawberryBlond

Lovely album! I was never a fan of her and I only started to listen to her from Blown Away onwards because that's when I started album reviews, I'd only heard her singles up until the point. I'd always found her earlier work nothing more than bland country pop. But then she released Storyteller and it was one of my favourite albums of the year. I had such high hopes after that, which weren't disappointed with this. While it's not quite on the same level of Storyteller, it's just a fraction of a difference. The quality has maintained which is awesome as not every artist is like that. She's hitting her stride the older she gets which is even rarer. My ultimate favourite tracks are Cry Pretty, Drinking Alone, The Bullet and Kingdom. But almost all of them are above average apart from one or two exceptions. Ghosts on the Stereo was just a bit odd, Backsliding was criminally bland, like it was a leftover for a teenage country popstar and End Up With You was just ok, it was the weirdest addition because it was so pop, and therefore, didn't fit with the style that she's had from day one and was maybe shoved in there to be a commercial single if she can't get a hit this era. Is it just me or does it sound like Rita Ora's Your Song, not just in instrumental but in lyrical style? Whereas that one was a bit more interesting, this could have been so much more and is way too short. But overall, these are just small flies in the ointment. Carrie put together a very cohesive project what with the theme of sadness but ultimately pulling through in the end. Her voice is also as good as ever. An all-round cohesive, beautiful, emotional, powerful body of work. So far, my favourite album of the year.

GagaisHotAF

Cry Pretty debuted at #1 and has the highest first week sales for a female album in 2018!

Probably on Grindr

9 minutes ago, GagaisHotAF said:

Cry Pretty debuted at #1 and has the highest first week sales for a female album in 2018!

Very well deserved. Talent always win :party:

For me, Carrie plays it lowkey safe but I always end up enjoying most songs on all her albums. It's so rare for artist to keep delivering on the same calibre if not better so props to her. With her the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" formula really works. Generally, I feel Country music doesn't take risks sonically otherwise it loses the country essence I guess. I hope Carrie's next album dips a little into pop ala RED by Taylor Swift. 

Hoping End Up With You and Southbound get the single treatment. Oh and Love Wins is THAT BITCH. 

Archived