💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

ASIB early screenings (U.S./U.K.)

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Ronnie

Just got back from a showing in the Phoenix area and although I enjoyed it very much, I do not think it is Oscar worthy. There are really authentic scenes that will blow you away and there are some scenes that fall a bit flat. The music is incredible with the exception of some of the pop stuff. Those songs were a little corny to me. All in all it was a good movie. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper

I just got home too from the fan screening! 

I think those who are not little monsters and don't know the kind and sweet angelic side of Gaga that we all know will be surprised of her acting. She's so GREAT I'm so proud of her.  Look,  I cringed a bit during AHS OK but in this movie,  her acting was as beautiful as her voice. 

I honestly think she is being in touch with her regular girl Stephanie. She was so natural that she looks herself in her role. 

Im also proud to know that I did not cry and just further confirms the fact that I have long known that I don't have a heart. 

For those with experience in addiction or know someone who is suffering from it,  the movie will pull your heartstrings. 

Also,  I need the soundtrack now.  

I spoiled myself reading too much about this movie that I did not get the full effect.  I kinda wish I was not in GGD for the ASIB promo.  🤔

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Harry
1 hour ago, Buddy said:

Yeah she kinda became a star out of nowhere and the ending came out of nowhere and I didn’t even realize that “thing” happened until they mentioned it 

I thought that the "thing" was done very tastefully and well

actual spoilers in case somebody that hasn't seen is reading

Spoiler

I also thought it was made very clear with how Jackson was acting before Ally left the house, him making his way into the garage, taking the belt and resting his hat down (very Joanne-esque lol), closing the door, the dog waiting outside... It was pretty much spelt out for us, only not showing the actual moment

I totally get what the critics are saying about the pacing in the second half, but whether intentional or not it could read as how quickly fame speeds people up. Her life is kind of just dragging along when we meet her but then it heads into super speed and all of these things start happening to her. Still a valid criticism but I don't think it's necessarily a major flaw of the film at all since it kind of serves the nature of the story.

Harry
56 minutes ago, Shipper said:

I just got home too from the fan screening! 

I think those who are not little monsters and don't know the kind and sweet angelic side of Gaga that we all know will be surprised of her acting. She's so GREAT I'm so proud of her.  Look,  I cringed a bit during AHS OK but in this movie,  her acting was as beautiful as her voice. 

I honestly think she is being in touch with her regular girl Stephanie. She was so natural that she looks herself in her role. 

Im also proud to know that I did not cry and just further confirms the fact that I have long known that I don't have a heart. 

For those with experience in addiction or know someone who is suffering from it,  the movie will pull your heartstrings. 

Also,  I need the soundtrack now.  

I spoiled myself reading too much about this movie that I did not get the full effect.  I kinda wish I was not in GGD for the ASIB promo.  🤔

This is what I took away from it as well. Most of the public and many critics won't see her as the family girl that we all do, so Ally is very far away from the idea that most people have of Gaga. As a fan, I kind of struggled to get over the novelty of seeing Gaga on the big screen for the first half or so. I couldn't really just get into ALLY. But as it went on, I managed to overcome that a bit and I think my second viewing will allow me to appreciate her performance even more.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I thought that the "thing" was done very tastefully and well

actual spoilers in case somebody that hasn't seen is reading

Hide contents

I also thought it was made very clear with how Jackson was acting before Ally left the house, him making his way into the garage, taking the belt and resting his hat down (very Joanne-esque lol), closing the door, the dog waiting outside... It was pretty much spelt out for us, only not showing the actual moment

I totally get what the critics are saying about the pacing in the second half, but whether intentional or not it could read as how quickly fame speeds people up. Her life is kind of just dragging along when we meet her but then it heads into super speed and all of these things start happening to her. Still a valid criticism but I don't think it's necessarily a major flaw of the film at all since it kind of serves the nature of the story.

I didn't realize it was those objects :messga: I'm willing to look past it. I think when I see it a 2nd time I'm going to cry.

Shipper
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is what I took away from it as well. Most of the public and many critics won't see her as the family girl that we all do, so Ally is very far away from the idea that most people have of Gaga. As a fan, I kind of struggled to get over the novelty of seeing Gaga on the big screen for the first half or so. I couldn't really just get into ALLY. But as it went on, I managed to overcome that a bit and I think my second viewing will allow me to appreciate her performance even more.

I missed the first 30 minutes so I definitely will see it again.

Itis definitely worth the second or third watch just for the songs and observing the subtle shift of Bradley's directing. 

The concert scenes were energetic and so alive.  No wonder they were adamant at watching it in Dolby theaters you feel the bass thumping behind your seats,  the cheer of the crowd surrounds you.  

I love it"

Harry
1 minute ago, Buddy said:

I didn't realize it was those objects :messga: I'm willing to look past it. I think when I see it a 2nd time I'm going to cry.

Definitely! Bradley did a really good job with details in this film. There was just a sense of foreboding there, I thought.

Spoiler

The exterior shot of the house after he shuts the door and the dog waiting outside kind of says everything you need to know, imo. It just has a really uncomfortable silence to it. The theater I was in was dead quiet - it was ice cold.

1 minute ago, Shipper said:

I missed the first 30 minutes so I definitely will see it again.

Itis definitely worth the second or third watch just for the songs and observing the subtle shift of Bradley's directing. 

The concert scenes were energetic and so alive.  No wonder they were adamant at watching it in Dolby theaters you feel the bass thumping behind your seats,  the cheer of the crowd surrounds you.  

I love it"

Omg you missed some? :giveup: The first half of the film is so exciting - Gaga's initial scenes are some of her best.

Did you get to see the Shallow performance?

Shipper
9 hours ago, Harry said:

Definitely! Bradley did a really good job with details in this film. There was just a sense of foreboding there, I thought.

Reveal hidden contents

The exterior shot of the house after he shuts the door and the dog waiting outside kind of says everything you need to know, imo. It just has a really uncomfortable silence to it. The theater I was in was dead quiet - it was ice cold.

Omg you missed some? :giveup: The first half of the film is so exciting - Gaga's initial scenes are some of her best.

Did you get to see the Shallow performance?

I saw the last part of Willam and Shangela at the bar.  I MISSED LA VIE EN ROSE. I don't remember what time I came in. 

I also got no lanyard,  no download voucher and no poster.  Lol. :sweat:

Also,  Bradley's directing was great. 

Spoiler

I also like the same scene you mentioned. It was so haunting. we see the dog waiting outside the garage door.  The camera angle was high but then you can actually see Jackson's chest from the high windows of the garage door. You can see him hanging while majority of the people were going "awww" because of the dog 

Harry
3 minutes ago, Shipper said:

I saw the last part of Willam and Shangela at the bar.  I MISSED LA VIE EN ROSE. I don't remember what time I came in. 

Ahhh La Vie En Rose was good but it felt very much like Gaga rather than Ally in that moment. Maybe it's just because we're used to seeing her perform that.

Lol I'm in the UK and we didn't get any of those things at our early screening :giveup: But I guess seeing the movie a week in advance is a pretty good deal.

Btw sis put that final part in a spoiler skdfjskgs

Dawson

Make sure you guys see it at a good theater, I just came back and think it ruined the experience a bit, the sound was quiet and the picture was small. Going back on Friday!

awhite20
7 hours ago, Shipper said:

I also like the same scene you mentioned. It was so haunting. we see the dog waiting outside the garage door.  The camera angle was high but then you can actually see Jackson's chest from the high windows of the garage door. You can see him hanging while majority of the people were going "awww" because of the dog 

Yeah well thanks for including a spoiler warning in your post 👌🏻 Really appreciate you ruining a film I’ve waited ages to see. Twat.

ModernEcstasy

Currently sat in the cinema, waiting for the previews and ads to begin.  So excited!!!

Shipper
1 hour ago, awhite20 said:

Yeah well thanks for including a spoiler warning in your post 👌🏻 Really appreciate you ruining a film I’ve waited ages to see. Twat.

Lol why are you in an "Early screening for ASIB" thread. 😅

You're living on the edge of Glory and you're far from the shallow now. 

awhite20
14 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Lol why are you in an "Early screening for ASIB" thread. 😅

You're living on the edge of Glory and you're far from the shallow now. 

“Jusy making this thread to let you all know of upcoming ASIB advanced movie screenings and how to attend” 

That’s why. It’s a thread for information ABOUT early screenings. Not go to one and divulge vital information about the film and if you do, add a spoiler warning to it. 

Archived