Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Troye Sivan debuts at #4, Eminem nears record with 9th #1 on BB200

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8474185/eminem-kamikaze-debuts-number-one-billboard-200-chart

Huge congratulations to Troye Sivan who has debuted on the Billboard 200 at #4! 

Also congratulations to Eminem (although I'm still a bit grumpy about the f word :interestinga:) who has scored his 9th #1 album! This puts him tied with Garth Brooks and The Rolling Stones in fifth, behind Elvis Presley (10), Barbara Streisand and Bruce Springsteen (11), JAY-Z (14) and The Beatles who have 19 :wtfga:

Also this puts him at second in debuts as all 9 of his #1 albums debuted at it, second only to JAY-Z who has 14 #1 debuts :wtfga: We stan a Beyoncé with taste :wtfga:

Honestly though I'm so proud of Troye, he's come so far and I can't wait for  Boy Erased.  What if Gaga and Troye both became movie stars in one year?!?!? :chica:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItWasntLaauv

What a shame, Troye deserved the #1 spot, but a rapper who uses gay slurs and feeds into cheap music industry feuds won. :vegas:

Still proud of Troye though, bought two copies of Bloom, what a great album. :sara:

2 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

What a shame, Troye deserved the #1 spot, but a rapper who uses gay slurs and feeds into cheap music industry feuds won. :vegas:

I agree, although in relativity to how famous he is and the fact that his genre is not nearly as popular as hip-hop (of which all the albums that bet him are; Travis Scott, Drake and Em) so I guess I'm just happy for him though. But I admit that prior to the surprise release of Kamikaze I may have though/hoped that he could have snatched a #1. 

ItWasntLaauv
2 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I agree, although in relativity to how famous he is and the fact that his genre is not nearly as popular as hip-hop (of which all the albums that bet him are; Travis Scott, Drake and Em) so I guess I'm just happy for him though. But I admit that prior to the surprise release of Kamikaze I may have though/hoped that he could have snatched a #1. 

True, I know logistically Troye didn’t have a chance against Eminem/a big rap hip hop star, but ethically... well... :vegas:

That is awesome :applause: Congrats to Em! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

FRANK1991

oh well, the PG is missing out on the bops of Bloom

so good my god

Lucky Strike and Plum are my new bops (tho Dance to This remains the bop of the Summer)

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

2 hours ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

Still proud of Troye though, bought two copies of Bloom, what a great album. :sara:

so Queen finally toppedT the chart, I see :vegas:

I wasn't really digging the album, in all honesty, but massive props to him for taking himself this far. He started doing YouTube challenges with Tyler Oakley and the like and now he's a bonafide pop star. That's mighty impressive.

Although this is interesting to me: I wouldn't say Troye Sivan is super super well-known. No shade, just something I've observed. But it's interesting that the power of streaming in the charts sent someone rocketing up the charts that could still be a fairly obscure (term used loosely) name to plenty of people. It really shows how streaming' changed the game. I mean, think back at least 10 years ago when even if you didn't know everything about an artist, if their album was up in that chart, you'd probably heard something from them. Now with how silo'd you can make you playlists via algorithms and your own manual additions, there's very real chance that you can have not heard from an artist feasibly in the Top 10 albums. That's wild. Music's changed so much since Gaga splashed.

But I digress, good for Troye! I hope he's able to enjoy it.

darkchylde

homophobia won, quite literally

OT: well deserved #4, Bloom is one of my favorite albums of the year.

AlejandroooO

Well deserved King of Rap.

Also Troye has merchandise , bundles , concert tickets and free album offers just to debut at #4 . How.

Archived