Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Janet Jackson's Career Was Sabatoged By Disgruntled CBS CEO

Dunk96

Featured Posts

That J

Justin flopped HARD with the last album and his comeback summer single fizzled. Karma. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
16 hours ago, Dunk96 said:

No Sleeep peaked at 63 on the overall BB charts.

Unbreakable sold around 250k to date and Timberlake (20/20) sold 968k in its first week (that was only for part 1 - part 2 released later sold 350k it’s first week) and sold over 2 million for that year in the US alone :triggered: while the combined sales of 20/20 part 1 and 2 have sold a collective 6 million globally.

20/20 was the top selling album of 2013 while Unbreakable was was ranked 159 in 2015.

You have to look beyond the numbers.

Yes, Janet did well and I think she has had such a huge impact on the music industry and has had longevity (who knows what Justin’s longevity will be, no one knows)... but that doesn’t mean Justin hasn’t been successful as well. I’m not trying to clock Janet or say she’s a has-been... she’s obviously doing her thing and still making plenty of money.

bloody g

I cant believe this. It's just a breast.... You can go to the beach and see hundreds of topless women :awkney:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

That J
2 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

No Sleeep peaked at 63 on the overall BB charts.

Unbreakable sold around 250k to date and Timberlake (20/20) sold 968k in its first week (that was only for part 1 - part 2 released later sold 350k it’s first week) and sold over 2 million for that year in the US alone :triggered: while the combined sales of 20/20 part 1 and 2 have sold a collective 6 million globally.

20/20 was the top selling album of 2013 while Unbreakable was was ranked 159 in 2015.

You have to look beyond the numbers.

Yes, Janet did well and I think she has had such a huge impact on the music industry and has had longevity (who knows what Justin’s longevity will be, no one knows)... but that doesn’t mean Justin hasn’t been successful as well. I’m not trying to clock Janet or say she’s a has-been... she’s obviously doing her thing and still making plenty of money.

Right on! 

The point is Janet was blacklisted. That is the one part of all this that is known and can not be denied.  Justin cried his way thru not being blacklisted.  He is the one who pulled the clothing. Janet just stood there and quickly covered once she realized.  But because she wouldnt sob to the feet of the master, she was blacklisted.  So whether she is doing fine or not truly is irrelevant. This is about the blacklisting of someone who simply stood there.  

culturalbaptism
17 hours ago, Antonoff said:

I don't want to be rude but I think Janet was never a big thing though, I learned from her just a year ago

I tried to give her music a try but didn't catch a thing

those numbers are even better than Gaga's last tours, accoeding to you she's not succesful? they are at the same level of success though

C'mon guys stop being so bitter, Justin is a great artist and he already apologized and they moved on from that many years ago, t'all should too

We're not bitter. Janet faced injustice. I will only move on when he's completely over. It won't take long now. His next tour won't do well.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

That J
2 minutes ago, Successga said:

We're not bitter. Janet faced injustice. I will only move one when he's completely over. It won't take long now. His next tour won't do well.

His last or current one wasnt a blockbuster either.  

That J

We're not bitter. Janet faced injustice. I will only move one when he's completely over. It won't take long now. His next tour won't do well.

Plus if there is an actual cause TO BE bitter, this is a fairly good one if ya ask me. 

culturalbaptism
16 hours ago, Matt said:

I had always heard about this incident, but I had no ideal it impacted Janet so much.:fthis:

She was a huge, global superstar. Her All for You era was huge. She managed to get #1 albums even after being blacklisted from radio. That's the power of Janet Jackson. Black excellence is unstoppable.

That J
4 minutes ago, Successga said:

She was a huge, global superstar. Her All for You era was huge. She managed to get #1 albums even after being blacklisted from radio. That's the power of Janet Jackson. Black excellence is unstoppable.

It was a shame she got on the list right as Damita Jo was taking off. That album is FIRE.  But Unbreakable and her State Of The World Tour (which I attended) did very well considering.  AND shes about to come back with more so it's a good time this info finally came out. A good time to be a Janet stan.  I adore her! 

culturalbaptism
29 minutes ago, That J said:

It was a shame she got on the list right as Damita Jo was taking off. That album is FIRE.  But Unbreakable and her State Of The World Tour (which I attended) did very well considering.  AND shes about to come back with more so it's a good time this info finally came out. A good time to be a Janet stan.  I adore her! 

Not to mention her team is working on her internet presence. I just wish they would upload all of her videos on YouTube. She's also been gaining more Spotify listeners.

That J

Not to mention her team is working on her internet presence. I just wish they would upload all of her videos on YouTube. She's also been gaining more Spotify listeners.

There is zero excuse for ALL of her vids to not be on there.  She was a pioneer for over a decade in the art of music video film. 

I was born in 1979 (lol I look 27)...so by 1986, I was 7 and all about movies and music.  Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Janet....these people were doing things youd never seen before so it was riveting.  

I feel like sometimes Janet gets lost in the mix but go to one of her shows and you'll see that shes SO not.  She still has that fire and she doesnt overcomplicate it either.  A true legend.  

TheRoof
1 minute ago, Successga said:

they are lol , the problem is that the ones from the 90's and early 00s are blocked everywere except Japan and Canada:toofunny:

https://kworb.net/youtube/artist/janetjackson.html 

i read somwhere that her team has a talk with youtube , maybe they are gonna unblock them soon 

Queen Bitch
1 hour ago, Successga said:

We're not bitter. Janet faced injustice. I will only move on when he's completely over. It won't take long now. His next tour won't do well.

But that is kinda bitter :oprah:

3 hours ago, August3 said:

But that is kinda bitter :oprah:

Not when somebody's life was completely ruined for fourteen years for exposing their breast for not even an entire second. :ohwell:

5 hours ago, Successga said:

I hope her next album does well, she is a great artist!

Archived