đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Taylor sabotaged the rep era (warning: really long rant)

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Drin Lon
8 minutes ago, ChaosAngel17 said:

Na ke çar kr me këtë muhabet

Why are you so obsessed with me kar njeri :grr:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gladys622

I don’t think she really cares tbh but go off sis. Idsb should’ve been a single, I agree but it’s not as good as sister getaway car imo.

boom boom cherry

Widows Kiss

IDSB and DBM deserved to be early stage singles. Who the f*ck had the idea to release Gorgeous, CIWYW and End Game? :poot:

Drin Lon
13 minutes ago, mmmmmonster said:

I don’t think she really cares tbh but go off sis. Idsb should’ve been a single, I agree but it’s not as good as sister getaway car imo.

I agree Getaway Car is better but IDSB deserved LWYMMD's spot

Widows Kiss
Just now, Drin Lon said:

I agree Getaway Car is better but IDSB deserved LWYMMD's spot

Yea it shoulda been something like
Lead: IDSB
Promo: LWYMMD
2nd: GC  / DBM
3rd: DBM / GC
4th: Delicate

ProdigyARTPOP

i mean at the end of the day each single or song released as a promo single is scanning “Gold” or Platinum from Reputation. Other artists don’t even have that :oops:

Drin Lon
30 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

Yea it shoulda been something like
Lead: IDSB
Promo: LWYMMD
2nd: GC  / DBM
3rd: DBM / GC
4th: Delicate

Delicate deserves at least 3rd single and ...Ready For It? > Take Me To Church 2.0 for me but this would slay too

That J

I saw a thread earlier about her announcing a new single and wondered if it even matters because other than 2 singles, I havent heard much at all about this album except for here.  She has the tour tho which is pretty much all she needed. Idk. This could be one of the most lackluster albums with the hugest tour in support of it.  And by "lackluster", I just mean in all other eras she was EVERYWHERE and the songs were EVERYWHERE....not as much this time but she did save it with the tour.  

Just my two cents.  I'm not ready for your stones. Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Glamourpuss

She didn't seem to go away after 1989 and even at that time it didn't feel that long ago when Red was released. I think this era did so well because of the momentum she gained with her last album. She didn't let it fizzle out by disappearing for 5 years before next album like Christina Aguilera does. It makes sense that she didn't do so many television experiences because she would have been too much in our faces. I think Taylor could safely go away on a hiatus and nobody would miss her. (Don't mean that in a harsh way, I just mean she could pick up where she left it without much damage). I think her team were definitely thinking long term with the promotion of this album. She didn't need to do all the extras like TV chat shows. But I do think she deserved a video nom and award for LWYMMD at the VMA's. 

JennyWayne

It's so weird because I feel like she hardly did any promo this era..

Other artists copying Gaga again :huntyga:

LADYGAGASHOOCK
55 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

She didn't seem to go away after 1989 and even at that time it didn't feel that long ago when Red was released. I think this era did so well because of the momentum she gained with her last album. She didn't let it fizzle out by disappearing for 5 years before next album like Christina Aguilera does. It makes sense that she didn't do so many television experiences because she would have been too much in our faces. I think Taylor could safely go away on a hiatus and nobody would miss her. (Don't mean that in a harsh way, I just mean she could pick up where she left it without much damage). I think her team were definitely thinking long term with the promotion of this album. She didn't need to do all the extras like TV chat shows. But I do think she deserved a video nom and award for LWYMMD at the VMA's. 

This. This era is kind of like BTW for Taylor. Gaga was so overexposed after TFM era and after BTW with LOTS of promo, it only got worse, leading to ARTPOP. Hence all the uncalled hate.

After a huge era, it’s kind of good to let that era die before starting a new one because replicating such a huge rollout like 1989 is beyond hard (just like TFM) and will only stir comparisons.

I mean Adele took a 4 year hiatus after 21 and it paid off:)

Andrea B
1 hour ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

i mean at the end of the day each single or song released as a promo single is scanning “Gold” or Platinum from Reputation. Other artists don’t even have that :oops:

LWYMMD: 4X platinum US

Gorgeous: gold in the US 

RFI: 2x platinum in the US

End Game: 1x Platinum US

Delicate: 1x Platinum US

Call It What You Want: 1x platinum US 

The album is certified 3x platinum in the US and has sold 5m copies WW.  

Taylor Swift has sold more 15m records with this album with minimal promotion(compared to her other eras). 

The era has certifications in Asia, Latin America, Canada, Australia, some countries of Europe and the US.

LADYGAGASHOOCK
1 minute ago, Andree said:

Delicate: 1x Platinum US

Call It What You Want: 1x platinum US

The smashes that got away:selena:

Archived