Featured Posts

SPARTACUS

I feel so ****ing BETRAYED! :what:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaron l

Wow I look forward to seeing them every year, but I hope their new project is something fresh and exciting. Sad, but okay news!

JazzGa
17 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

They could try to get Michael Kors to come back:

Such an inspiration :flutter: He describes my weekend outfits

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

SHALLOW

But i started watching it a month ago.

Anyway, it's a shame they'll bring back Tim Gunn too. I dislike him and he also dislikes Gaga so i didn't want him for this new project

OliverViennese

As someone who grew up in Germany and now lives in Austria, it is just weird to me, how people from the US have not yet figured out how HORRIBLE Heidi Klum is. It seems to be more obvious for people that live in german-speaking-countries..?

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

RAMROD

LOL I thought there qre something dramatic behind their leaving, I was let down :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SPARTACUS
6 minutes ago, OliverViennese said:

As someone who grew up in Germany and now lives in Austria, it is just weird to me, how people from the US have not yet figured out how HORRIBLE Heidi Klum is. It seems to be more obvious for people that live in german-speaking-countries..?

Explain.

22 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

But i started watching it a month ago.

Anyway, it's a shame they'll bring back Tim Gunn too. I dislike him and he also dislikes Gaga so i didn't want him for this new project

He does? :what:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

SHALLOW
20 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Explain.

He does? :what:

Yes, i looked it up when i started watching it cause i wanted to know what he thought about Gaga and he said something negative about the Meat Dress and he said he did not approve. I don't know if things have changed but i still don't like him

BornAsUnic0rn
34 minutes ago, OliverViennese said:

German here but explain please!

have yet to hear a negative story about her from people who‘ve met her. 

OliverViennese
2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Explain.

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Mrs Klum (lol), so there may be a chunk I'm missing when it comes to her, creating her celebrity persona. I've never watched a minute of Project Runway and only know some episodes of Germany's Next Topmodel and handful interviews. /Disclaimer

Heidi Klum is obviously a supermodel. There are things she can do and things she can't. She can get high profile modeling jobs on international territory, e.g. "making it" in the US. She can't and never did get offers from big names to do Haute Couture modeling in Paris. She can market herself, getting numerous television shows. She can't really give constructive criticism to aspiring models - at least not on her show Germany's Next Topmodel - as she is partly speaking about stuff she never really did herself, when it comes to modeling.

I guess ANTM and Germany's Next Topmodel are similiar in how these shows work, claiming to cast supermodels while really being about making reality tv. That is a given for every television casting show, i know that. There is something really special however, about how unlikable Heidi Klum comes off on screen on Germany's Next Topmodel. I don't know anyone who likes her, involving people who watch her show for the kii of it all regularly. The lightest comment would be that she's annoying, but it goes on to heavier criticism how she's an egomaniac, while my psychology professor at university named her an example of a manic sadistic person, as she creates this television show that takes joy in degrading 15 and 16 year old girls - talking about their bodies, letting them change in public spaces, having journalists going though their social media and trying to humiliate them for missteps on national television and every season having a girl that's way more beautiful than Klum cut her hair, while - let's be real, she would never cut her hair that short; the list goes on and on. It is also widely known, that no model that has been casted as "Germany's Next Topmodel" had ongoing success as a model, but also nearly all of them had to go through lengthy court trials to be removed from their terrible contracts, that they "won" with the show. Guess who's (mis-)managing the winners of Germany's Next Topmodel? Mrs Klum's father. There's also been press coverage how behind the scenes, it's all just bullocks and the Klum-participant interaction is pretty much nonexistent (which is fine, i get it, it's a job but Klum seriously overdoes this "I care for y'all" bs on the show, which is why everyone here has seen through her as maybe the fakest person on TV). 

With all that in mind - how people have respect for her as someone who made it internationally as a model and as someone who is great at marketing themselves, but who has NEVER never been recieved as "nice" - I was confused, when I saw some American talkshow interviews and she put on this fake "cute"-act. And it dawned on me, that some things may be lost in translation afterall.

Summa Summarum I feel that there's a difference between how she markets herself in Germany and internationally. In Germany she puts on this very serious, "professional" act, when she's being interviewed. On US televion, she is more "cute" it seems which is something that no one in Germany would ever buy into, as she is a bitch. A smart bitch at that - considering her success, so good for her.

Disclaimer (again): I'm no Klum fan, so I don't know either all her shows, nor all her interviews - so maybe I'm wrong about how she paints herself. Again, it was just that I was put off with some interview of hers, which didn't match with what I feel how she is viewed in Germany. /Disclaimer

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Archived