💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is the last controversial pop girl

BBhomemaker

Featured Posts

InsomniaMonster69
14 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Lol the dates, What about "Miley and her death pets" Era tho?

:awkney:

Ah come on... 2 promo videos an 8 dates tour and and album for free doesn't really count as an era

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBhomemaker
1 hour ago, DreamingMonster said:

:awkney:

Ah come on... 2 promo videos an 8 dates tour and and album for free doesn't really count as an era

It is ! Deal with it :vegas: Also it was 3 videos and a lot of performance + a free album with a lot of tracks considered by the critics as her best work till today :oops:

Smother Em Eh

Miley by far. Her peers are too boring to be controversial. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

In terms of media backlash Madonna, Janet and Britney would be on another level than everybody else. 

And 2006/2007 Britney backlash in particular is only behind Michael Jackson backlash because you're talking about unrivaled paparazzi stalking and media negativity literally almost EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR; not simply being blacklisted like Janet.

Opulence

Demi? I know it’s due to heavy reasons but she’s had a lot of controversy surrounding her the past few years - drugs, toying with bisexuality, bad attitudes etc

Lord Temptation

Miley wasn’t controversial. She did her whole “I’m all grown up now” era with Bangerz, which was shortlived, juvenile and inconsequential. It’s the same one nearly all pop girls who start out wholesome eventually end up doing :messga:

Compare with Janets 1989’s “Rhythm Nation”, Mariah and Kylie with 1997’s “Butterfly” and “Impossible Princess”, Christina Aguilera’s “Stripped” in 2001 or ‘07 Rihanna with “Good Girl Gone Bad” :vegas:

Now those albums had impact :huntyga:

BBhomemaker
On 9/5/2018 at 3:45 AM, mzncb said:

In terms of media backlash Madonna, Janet and Britney would be on another level than everybody else. 

And 2006/2007 Britney backlash in particular is only behind Michael Jackson backlash because you're talking about unrivaled paparazzi stalking and media negativity literally almost EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR; not simply being blacklisted like Janet.

18 hours ago, Xfinity said:

Why does someone need to be controversial tho?

10 hours ago, 01Jaime said:

Miley was just fishing for attention not controversial.

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

Madonna never causes controversies for controversies sake. Miley looks like a try hard when she tries. 

55 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Miley wasn’t controversial. She did her whole “I’m all grown up now” era with Bangerz, which was shortlived, juvenile and inconsequential. It’s the same one nearly all pop girls who start out wholesome eventually end up doing :messga:

Compare with Janets 1989’s “Rhythm Nation”, Mariah and Kylie with 1997’s “Butterfly” and “Impossible Princess”, Christina Aguilera’s “Stripped” in 2001 or ‘07 Rihanna with “Good Girl Gone Bad” :vegas:

Now those albums had impact :huntyga:

Yall don't answer my question :huh:

I said my opinion and was open to others suggestions, for me it's Miley cause I don't think about someone else from the last generation :oops:

And for yall?  :gaysia:

I....can't remember any :huh:

Maybe, Taylor with Kanye/Snake drama and then the release of LWYMMD, but that was really short-lived :wtf:

Beyoncé- Lemonade era??

Thomas P

Miley was for sure the last one. It kind of got phased out. Taylor had a lot of controversy around her, but it doesn’t count cause it wasn’t intentional (other than LWYMMD). She still played everything safe, and is back to being a good girl and stuff. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
On 9/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, BBhomemaker said:

It is ! Deal with it :vegas: Also it was 3 videos and a lot of performance + a free album with a lot of tracks considered by the critics as her best work till today :oops:

That album was panned :huh:

Thomas P

The Lemonade era was controversial. It might not seem it to us cause we looked through the goggles of a liberal people, but white conservatives used to love Beyoncé, but formation, the Super Bowl, and really everything else changed that reallll quick.

Archived