Mana Mahad

???  

264 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Sweetener sweetie
    • Reputaiton sweetie

Featured Posts

Kulture Kiari

Taylor's era had a consistent but different vibe with her songs and style. Ariana on the other hand, is all over the place. And her style/theme? Lord Jesus, I ain't trying to snap my neck reading her upside down titles and texts on ig.  

But to be fair, Arianas era just started, so let's wait till she has a sold out stadium tour. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichAssPiss
8 hours ago, GagaIsDope said:

Why does reputation's success always get downplayed so much :huh:

I think because there have not been many big radio hits people assume that means it is less successful.Truth is Taylor has focused on selling albums (not singles) and selling out stadiums. She's been really smart about maximizing her financial returns. So many artists exhaust themselves promo-ing individual songs just to get cents on the dollar from streams.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, Mana Mahad said:

Album wise yes reputation is certainly bigger Single wise sweetener destroys reputation and produced more hits (ready for it , Georgous were very front loaded  they spend like one week in the top 20 :rip: ) and sweetener will certainly have a better longevity than rep. 

The tour doesn't represent an era so by that thinking we can say that hard candy was madonna biggest era. :rip: 

let's compare the eras:

LWYMMD(lead):

Peaked #1 and has almost 1B views on youtube and 4M certified sales in the US. 

No tears left to cry(lead): 

Peaked #3 with 500m views on youtube and 1M certified sales in the US.

Gorgeous(Promo single):

Peaked #8 without music video and 500k certified sales in the US. 

The light is coming(promo single):

Peaked #85 with music video and it doesn't have certified sales.

it's not really fair to compare the second singles cause GIAW is still charting but still... I don't think GIAW will even sell 2m copies.

Ready for it(second single):

Peaked #4, 2m certifed sales in the US.

God is a woman(second single: 

Peaked #11, it doesn't have certified sales.

Albums:

reputation debuted with 1.1M sales in the US at #1

sweetner: debuted with +200k sales in the US at #1

Taylor obviously had a bigger lead single, promo single and album. the rep era is bigger so far 

also, keep in mind that Reputation didn't have a lot of promo like sweetner+ Taylor didn't discount ANY single like Ariana. 

Irrelevant
3 minutes ago, Andree said:

It's also worth noting that it RFI was originally a promo single

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Andrea B
6 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

It's also worth noting that it RFI was originally a promo single

ik but Taylor still has a bigger era so far, if Ariana magically gets a #1 single with 1B views and 4m sales in the US then I'll shut up but to be honest, sweetener doesn't have more hits left(maybe breathin) 

or maybe if her album reach 4m sales 

Irrelevant
11 minutes ago, Andree said:

ik but Taylor still has a bigger era so far, if Ariana magically gets a #1 single with 1B views and 4m sales in the US then I'll shut up but to be honest, sweetener doesn't have more hits left(maybe breathin) 

or maybe if her album reach 4m sales 

yes ik i was agreeing with you :poot:

breathin will imo be a hit, considering it's already planned to go on radio. After that they can pull an Everyday and release Sweetener as a single :poot:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Ella Chalcedony

UMM definatley reputation, when Ariana is selling out stadiums internationally and projected to have the highest grossing female tour of all time, then we can talk :ohwell:

Spock
25 minutes ago, Andree said:

let's compare the eras:

LWYMMD(lead):

Peaked #1 and has almost 1B views on youtube and 4M certified sales in the US. 

No tears left to cry(lead): 

Peaked #3 with 500m views on youtube and 1M certified sales in the US.

Gorgeous(Promo single):

Peaked #8 without music video and 500k certified sales in the US. 

The light is coming(promo single):

Peaked #85 with music video and it doesn't have certified sales.

it's not really fair to compare the second singles cause GIAW is still charting but still... I don't think GIAW will even sell 2m copies.

Albums:

reputation debuted with 1.1M sales in the US at #1

sweetner: debuted with +200k sales in the US at #1

Taylor obviously had a bigger lead single, promo single and album. the rep era is bigger so far 

also, keep in mind that Reputation didn't have a lot of promo like sweetner+ Taylor didn't discount ANY single like Ariana. 

we love facts and reciepts. Imagine thinking sweetener is more successful than reputation :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over

TeenIdle

Reputation's sales outsold Ariana's whole discography.. 

However it's funny how Sweetener's chart impact is almost identical to ARTPOP so far and in 2018 that's considered a big success. Shows how fast the music industry is changing and how the definition of 'success' is always different when it comes to Gaga. 

hankhatesyouall

LWYMMD alone is bigger than the whole Sweetener era so far (in streams + digital sales). Yes, it was frontloaded, but it a weird way of spelling SMASHING for a month while NTLC felt like a non-event from the day one (probably, that's why it was discounted during its release).        

Delicate (the fourth single) had bigger AI peak on the radio than Ariana's lead single.  

Reputation (the album) outsold the whole Ariana's discography. 

Do I have to even mention the tour?  

Ariana fans are so getting brave with this #1 debut.  

GagaMariaSpears

Considering Reputation is seen as Taylor's flop era, she's doing quite well considering how other pop girls are doing. If only the media would hype her as much as Ariana :/

Smother Em Eh

Reputation. It’s done very well on the charts and it’s tour has sold out so many arenas. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived