Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Zendaya rumored to play Ariel in Live action Little mermaid movie

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Regina George
1 minute ago, Borislshere said:

Yeah cause she already has it :vegas:

Ammm Every major and real critic says otherwise and I agree. Her acting is tragic. Even Emma who played Belle is not THAT talented, but Zendaya is just untalented. :vegas:

But hey.. opinions.. Even Travis S. has fans.. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
8 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

Amy Adams or Isla Fisher is perfect for this role. 

I’d agree because Amy Adams is really talented but she is just too old for this role. My perfect Ariel would be:

Amanda Seyfried

Amanda-Seyfried-Pics-2-1920x1080.jpg

She just has that quirky Ariel feel.. And I think she is pretty talented 

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, sampool said:

Would be kinda disappointing if true. I was hoping for a ginger queen. 

Ed Sheeran ?

BUtterfield 8
23 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I’d agree because Amy Adams is really talented but she is just too old for this role. My perfect Ariel would be:

Amanda Seyfried

Amanda-Seyfried-Pics-2-1920x1080.jpg

She just has that quirky Ariel feel.. And I think she is pretty talented 

Ariel is 16 in the movie unless Disney is gonna make her an adult 

thehausoferik

Am I the only one that thinks Gaga would make a perfect Ursula? Imagine her singing Poor Unfortunate Souls :giveup:

Regina George
27 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

Ariel is 16 in the movie unless Disney is gonna make her an adult 

I know.. I just said Amanda because she fits the role and I think she has that Ariel feel to her..but  I know she is also too old for the role

StrawberryBlond

How fitting if true. She's already taken the role of a redhead before when she played Mary Jane in Spiderman, why not remove more redhead representation by going out for the part of Ariel as well? This is the problem with "blind" or "diversity" casting - you can sometimes end up stifling the representation of other marginalised groups because just because a character is white doesn't mean that they're completely privileged. I notice that there is no way a black actor would dream of trying out for the role of an Asian character because any POC demands full representation for their people but white characters are fair game to racially reinvent and its a double standard that is really getting to me.

This isn't the first time redheaded characters have been played by a non-redhead. The 2014 remake of Annie was recast with a black girl (Will Smith's daughter was also originally up for the role) in the iconic red-haired role, the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child stage play featured a dark blonde haired man played the role of adult Ron Weasley and of course, Zendya playing the redhaired Mary Jane in Spiderman: Homecoming. A blonde girl played the role of redhaired Madeline in the film of the same name but at least the makers had the good grace to dye her hair red. Is there some kind of conspiracy to remove redhead representation from the screen? I get that redheads are rare enough as it is, so it's going to be hard to find enough of them for every redhead role but if that's the case, I've got nothing against hair being dyed or wigs. I just want to see the redhaired character like the story intended because I'm all about accuracy, plus, for the same reasons that POC want their race to be held up as beautiful by playing beautiful characters, I too, want redhaired children and adults to see that their hair colour is beautiful and maybe they can accept it more as too many of us hate it and change it.

There's a place for diversity but you've got to do it right. I'm all for making new material featuring POC in main roles (which of course will be expected to be remade with POC in years to come) but you've got to keep the classics intact when you remake them. For one, it can make fans not want to see it because they don't feel like they're watching the character they know. Going back to the Harry Potter example, looking at stills from that show, I couldn't even take in that this was set in the same universe and these were the characters they were meant to be as they looked so polar opposite. It's weird to be told you're looking at one thing when your eyes and brain are clearly looking at another.

Killa

This girl is beautiful omg

I dont think she fits ariel cause shes a bit too high fashion model, shes flawless and has defined jaw lines and very sharp eyebrows.

Ariel is a bit more cutesy like jordin sparks or ariana for example.

Born Brave

Maybe Gaga is trying to tease her potential casting as Ursula with the latest IG pics?

The theme and imagery certainly fits...

hmmm..

🐙🐙

Borislshere

I can't believe there are people crying about hair color as if wigs/hair dye don't exist and haven't been used in Hollywood/the world for centuries. Just admit you don't like it cause she's black and move on with your day. Jesus Christ. GGD is truly the 4chan of the Stan community at times.

PMKKARDASHiAN

Ariana or don’t remake it at all. 

TLM is my favorite Disney movie and my anxiety is too high for them to be playing with the casting like this 

PopMonstre
17 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

How fitting if true. She's already taken the role of a redhead before when she played Mary Jane in Spiderman, why not remove more redhead representation by going out for the part of Ariel as well? This is the problem with "blind" or "diversity" casting - you can sometimes end up stifling the representation of other marginalised groups because just because a character is white doesn't mean that they're completely privileged.

ARE YOU SAYING REDHEADS ARE MARGINALIZED ??????SKSKDJSKFKJFDSKJF  :lmao:

Archived