💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How excited were you when Perfect Illusion dropped

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

gagaohlala

I LOVED it like a ****ing banger was all I wanted from Gaga. And those backing vocs during the bridge, and the key chaaaange. Now it's just my fav Gaga song. 

But I remember about the complains with the chorus not being a real chorud, or people thinking PI lacked a chorus and it just had a hook, pre chorus or something. I just don't get it, someone could explain ? Imo the chorus is clearly defined : the ''I least now I now'' lyrics as the prechorus each time, and the big sound bang when the chorus starts made it obvious for me.

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WORLDofGAGA

At first I wasn’t so sure, wasn't greatly keen, then it grew on me and now I really love it’s fire, it really encapsulates the lyrics and anger of the song, the way she kinda screams and the harsh instrumentals :firega:

@W0RLDofGAGA

I stole my cousin's 'heavenly' earphones, and plugged it in the computer for I could listen lol. It went so fast I had no thoughts about it, and I was in a different house, so I had to put in Spotify and all that ****

then my cousin hurried her way to go downstairs. 

:rip:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

6 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

I will never forget the moment. I played it and lost my wig. After only the 2nd listen the chorus stuck in my head. I had an exam the next day. All Fay I was like 'It wasn't loooooooove, it wasn't loooooooove, it was a perfect illusion'. I could not study. And then the key change after the bridge. It was divine. What I absolutely love about the song is its vocals and instrumental are a deviation from typical Gaga stuff. I just loved, loved it when it dropped. And I still do. :giveup:

The one I fully quote!

didn’t cry as with applause, but still chills all over me and wig off to mars.

The thing that deluded me about the era was the second half of the album, but still ♥️

PI is still fresh for me and it’s also one of the best songs of Joanne

Carmine Morriello

Mr Mirko

I was dissappointed been listening to GLORY throughout the august

And I did lady gaga listening party

Honestly Lady wood A seat at the table Anti DW Glory

saved 2016 

Joanne had better choices but whatever... not my era not my song I was even dwnlding the remixes to like the song. Nah stil is a nah

Glittertinks

I was super excited :cryga: The radio premiere was like in the middle of the night for me and I stayed up because I was craving new music and the nipped we got before intrigued me. And the first time it played, I feeled it so much. :nooo:

HaveAnOysterBBy

Was in a car packed with my friends and made them turn to kiis fm to hear it for the first time and I was horrendously embarrassed  :selena: 

I couldn’t Believe my ears 

Lord Ryry

I was so excited, the teaser with her dancing and the synths was SENDING ME, it was my step mums birthday the day before so we went for a meal and I was on twitter the whole time lmao.

I couldn't sleep, it came out at 3am (UK time), I listened to Born This Way (song) right before it came out, which was a big mistake as i was disappointed it wasn't as good as Born This Way IMO. Needless to say it grew on me.

I was more upset the GP hated it and remember being mad at songs like Closer, Starboy and 24k magic as they were all "chill" and did so much better.

Also, the song is so quiet, whenever it comes on spotify i have to turn it up, annoying lol. 

Joshie S

I loved it from the first play, still to this day.

It was her first real single after the whole ARTPOP era. You can hear her frustration, you can hear how mad she was. It was perfect.

The whole thing was perfect. The whole era.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

John Wayne

I remember I set an alarm at 4:30 in the morning to listen to it on the radio when it premiered and it was very.. different at first listen. After the second one I loved it, eventually it became one of my fav songs ever :firega:

Abramovic

I was sitting on my couch and when the song started I was shook. I waited for the chorus or a catchy hook but it didn’t came :selena:

I was so butthurt back then. Now I think the song is okay but it was not like the applause moment I had. 

Bloody hooker

I was disappointed with it. The LQ snippet made me love it, but the initial release wasn’t it for me. I was so confused as to why everyone on here loved the song, but I had to remember that most people on here like rock music and PI has elements of it. In the end, it grew on me, and I love it now.

edit: I did enjoy the key change on first listen though. :laughga:

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

AyaKara
15 hours ago, Haroon said:

I was crazy excited when it was announced because of the colours and the way the announcement looked and everything :giveup:

When the actual song dropped I was confused because it was the first time I was disappointed by a Gaga lead single :emma: Like 3 minutes later it ended and it hadn’t felt like anything special to me so I was like “what just happened :duck:”. I remember @AyaKara and I and more members were in the GGD chat room when it was debuting on a radio station :O

And I was one of the only people who liked it :smh:

Andrea B

I was in my living room listening to the radio waiting for them to play it and it was E V E R Y T H I N G, I expected a very pop song like bad romance but when I heard it for the first time I was so confused but I WAS LIVING, I'm a fan since the TFM era and I always wanted her to release a pop/rock song

RAMROD

Very. And the song was really IT, still one of my favourite! Ahhhh!! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived