💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How excited were you when Perfect Illusion dropped

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

TheAlpha

I remember I was still living in NYC before moving to California. And I was with my sister on my couch waiting for the song to drop on iHeart Radio. It was the most exciting moment for me as a Monster since I never really get to enjoy a whole era by her before that. I remember looking at the single cover art. It’s so rock and roll. I love it so much. When the song finally dropped I instantly fell in love with the instrumental. It’s the instrumental and the cover art together that really get me going. It’s one of (if not) Gaga’s best instrumental. And whether it’s going to be #2018RadioIsOurs or #2019RadioIsOurs, I CANNOT wait for the lead single for LG6. I’m so excited. So how excited were you right before the release? What were you doing, did you think she wasn’t going to deliver, etc..

pi_single_10x10.jpg

You know this is just my opinion, right?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan

First listen, as a not so hardcore fan (I knew her music from when I was younger and was a fan of hers because of AHS), I hated it.

ThisGuyTony

I was playing her discography nonstop.

When I first heard it I thought it ended too fast and didn't really have an opinion. :huntyga:

Then I downloaded it and realized it was a BOP and now it's my most favorite Gaga song. 

Doncho

I was SO excited like all previous eras as a stan (BTW, ARTPOP). I LOVED it in my first listen and I still do. I remember hearing it and thinking it will do well on radio :selena:

Then that uninspired music video came and it kinda ruined it for me. I know most people here love it but I think its one of her worsts. The song slays anyway, so much energy!

justanothergay

Wasn't a superfan at the time so I didn't really care. But it played today when I was in Staples and I just had to bop and sing along.

that boy that boy that boy that boy that boy That Boy THAT BOY is a MONSTER

Shaney

(been a fan since The Fame) I was with my boyfriend at the hookah bar, he was smoking and i was laying on my bookbag listening to the mobile radio app. I was neurotic as fuhk and couldn't control myself. I made him go to the car before it debuted and I adjusted his sound system so it sounded perfect in his car, and was squeezing his arm out of excitement. It was godly. I just remember listening to it and loving it so. much. I made him drive me around for a while blasting it and we got some fast food afterwards. It was also the first Gaga release where I had so much synesthesia. Now in retrospect, PI is one of my top 3 favorite Gaga songs. It's also my favorite cover art of hers. 

Shaney
12 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

I remember I was still living in NYC before moving to California. And I was with my sister on my couch waiting for the song to drop on iHeart Radio. It was the most exciting moment for me as a Monster since I never really get to enjoy a whole era by her before that. I remember looking at the single cover art. It’s so rock and roll. I love it so much. When the song finally dropped I instantly fell in love with the instrumental. It’s the instrumental and the cover art together that really get me going. It’s one of (if not) Gaga’s best instrumental. And whether it’s going to be #2018RadioIsOurs or #2019RadioIsOurs, I CANNOT wait for the lead single for LG6. I’m so excited. So how excited were you right before the release? What were you doing, did you think she wasn’t going to deliver, etc..

pi_single_10x10.jpg

I will be a mess the time the LG6 lead drops. 

KatieJudasGaga4

I loved it! I thought this was how Joanne was gonna sound like, but when Joanne was released I got disappointed since there were better choices for the 1st single, but I loved it the first time I heard it.

Haralampos

I wasn't. I was waiting for the Chorus. But it was what I thought it was the Pre-Chorus. 😆 

Wet Fire

I will never forget the moment. I played it and lost my wig. After only the 2nd listen the chorus stuck in my head. I had an exam the next day. All Fay I was like 'It wasn't loooooooove, it wasn't loooooooove, it was a perfect illusion'. I could not study. And then the key change after the bridge. It was divine. What I absolutely love about the song is its vocals and instrumental are a deviation from typical Gaga stuff. I just loved, loved it when it dropped. And I still do. :giveup:

Smother Em Eh

I was so hyped and was so pleased about it. It was a new sound for her and I loved it. I was kinda disappointed because of the weird chord progressions and it’s fast pace but the more I listened to it, the more I grew to love it. (Like many people who listened to it). 

Now it’s one of my fav Gaga songs tbh. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

C1trus

It's the best grower I heard from Gaga. And that key change :messga::messga::messga:

The rainbow announcement is the greatest hype I felt:vegas:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

josephalexander

Me, my best friend, and his sister were all partaking in some Martha Jane Stewart :trollga: with a pizza on the way with the IHR app on the TV at full blast waiting, then like seconds into the first chorus the delivery dude called and we had to answer because our apartment was notoriously hard to find and my best friend was so stressed (we’re both hardcore stans, tattoos and all) and this was the first single release we got to experience together and it was SO wild... we basically missed the entire first spin because the idiot a** delivery driver was probably stoned :saladga:

But the second miss Perfect Illusion Hug iTunes I downloaded it and we went to my car with a few drinks (NOT DRIVING JUST SITTING!!!) and played it loud af and had a couple cigarettes and I literally cried because it was everything I wanted from Gaga at that time and I could just feel the raw anger and pain in her voice and the driving beat just really hit me. I’ll never forget that night. :ohwell:

DopamineMachine

i played her whole discographie that night leading up to the worldpremier. and in austria it was around 5am-ish.

i had to work the other day at 7:huntyga:

first listen .. meh. after some listens i loved it.

its my absolute favorite song of all time. she'll never top that

instagram: deeeeki_ - follow me ♫

Archived