question

How excited were you when Perfect Illusion dropped

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sampool

I hated the cheap looking banners on her site, hated the single cover, hated the song, video and promo. Dark times.

cjdamien

Like Gaga said at the JWT in my hometown about PI, "This is the song that separates the fans from the Little Monsters." I still have to crank the volume every time I hear it - I couldn't stop shaking when she announced it. I'm too old to behave the way I behave when that song came out. The album release was downright childish and embarrassing and I plan on being even worse when I get to do it again. It is legit on Bad Romance and Born This Way level for me and also up there with the non-single faves like DITD and Aura. 

Poissonche

I cried because I loved it so much. After all this time of waiting and being pleased AF by the visuals, I just... URGH. Sometimes when I feel sad I go back to the feelings I felt that day. Just pure happiness. I had forgotten everything that went wrong in my life and in the world for a moment and just enjoyed the music fully.

Arturo

Beyond excited before it dropped. Then I heard it. 
Good thing the album / MR / SB / Coachella came through. What an ERA when you erase the first 6 weeks. :giveup: 

Schizophonic

i have done those "waiting online and listening to streams" a few times before for her.

when pi dropped i was still high on hype because the day before i met her and had the best time ever cause she spent so much time with us and was soo cute (see avatar).

when i heard pi the first time i was suprised. i thought there is no chorus at all and i felt the structure was very weird and chaotic. i was a bit dissapointed and felt yelled at.

but 100 plays later i really loved the song and i still love it.

GhettoFabulous

I loved it and was super amped I couldn’t sleep the night before it’s release. The song is one of my faves by her :diane:

Guest Anisko

Omg it was such a meltdown in our monsters cult in tunisia .. Everyone hated that song i even hated it at first but it's a grower... i still believe it's not a first single material...Perfect illusion killed the hype we're used to have for Joanne.  

I’ve always been a stan since the beginning but never really fully kept up with an era so i was extremely excited to start a new one with her. I remember listening to it at midnight when it came out and I was pretty disappointed when i realized “it wasn’t love” was the chorus.. during the first listen i was waiting for something bigger to happen. However, it didn’t take long before i decided that i loved it regardless and it stands as my all time favorite gaga song and favorite song probably ever (sue me)

Haroon

I was crazy excited when it was announced because of the colours and the way the announcement looked and everything :giveup:

When the actual song dropped I was confused because it was the first time I was disappointed by a Gaga lead single :emma: Like 3 minutes later it ended and it hadn’t felt like anything special to me so I was like “what just happened :duck:”. I remember @AyaKara and I and more members were in the GGD chat room when it was debuting on a radio station :O

raragaga

i was in a night class and about screamed 

xoxo

Glamourpuss

I remember I was up early because I was excited and I had the radio on because she was premiering it on Radio 1 for the first time and was being interviewed. When the song came on I was like what is this screamy mess and I didn't like it but I still continued to listen to it throughout the day.

I remember on the fifth listen I started to appreciate the instrumental and you can tell that Kevin Parker worked on it. When you focus on all the other sounds the screaming isn't so noticeable and it gradually grew to be my fave song and I couldn't stop playing it. Now I love the vocals and don't think of it as screaming but just wish it didn't have the volume going up and down all the time. 

I love the video, in fact the video made me love the song more. I don't understand why alot of fans don't like it. 

Perfect Illusion is still my favourite Gaga song and I listen to it all the time. I never thought anything could change it from Bad Romance. 

GypsyBabe

I had to listen to it twice because the structure was a little bizarre at first. After the second listen, I was obsessed. The energy, the key change. It’s like a whirlwind of a song. It’s an experience. :legend:

⚯͛

Archived