💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

With just 29 dates, Taylor gets the biggest female tour in N. America ever!

alestevens

Featured Posts

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

It’s sales are getting close to 6 mil world wide. It might not have singles power, but it is still a huge album. 

But that's the thing. You'd think for an album that had sold that well, its songs would have really sunk in with the public. But they haven't. LWYMMD is the only one that had any kind of impact. You won't know any of the other singles unless you're a Taylor fan or someone who follows current pop music. Lemonade sold less and while I do think the idea of "everyone knows the songs on that album" is massively overrated, I can't deny that even that has had more impact than Reputation even though it had less sales and didn't produce any #1's, scarcely even a top 10. Maybe that's the downside to Taylor's continued success? She still sells but the actual music won't actually be remembered much by the public at large?

3 hours ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Flop

... did you see the ratings? I don't think that's happenin' :D

3 hours ago, theahsfan said:

She's so overrated

Not really, when was the last time you really heard from her? ;)

lovespent

bUt ThE rEpUtAtiOn ErA WAs sUcH A flOp!

spongebob.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Anyway, congrats to her. Reputation is great and full of bops, so it deserves all the success. 

3 hours ago, Sky del Blue said:

Kanye and Kim are almost billionaires, they are doing just fine :toofunny:

... you just ruined the joke.

3 hours ago, Sharyu said:

The JWT didn't even come close in numbers to Swift's reputation tour. You all can cry but the numbers don't lie.

As much as I hate to admit, it's pretty true, I genuinely like the Joanne tour better (It was my first concert ever), but if I had the chance I think I would still go to the Reputation Tour :D

Monster7

She's become a touring force just like Lady Gaga did 6 years ago:flutter:

I'm hoping for Katy Perry to do the same with KP5 tour

2 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Absolutely deserved. That tour is phenomenal. 

And for those of you shading her (this is coming from someone who didn’t like her at all), you TRULY do not understand unless you’ve seen the show for yourself. She doesn’t have that great of stage presence imo but she made it work because of that incredible stage. Everyone that’s a part of the Reputation Stadium Tour did an amazing job. It was really impressive and an experience. It was way better than On the Run 2 and even the JWT tbh

Eh, the Joanne tour to me was better, but everything else you said I agree with! :3

Monster7
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Which is worrying. The people who bought or streamed the album would have done so no matter what because they loved the anticipation after the high of 1989, not because they genuinely wanted the album. Taylor could’ve released an album of burps and queefs and it would’ve still sold in the millions :messga:

The 1.6 million she sold WW first week was indeed thanks to 1989 and her previous albums but also LWYMMD. The other 4 million were genuinely wanted

Illuminati
3 hours ago, ryanripley said:

mess, this low blow is ugly and unneeded

you're talking like gaga chose to cancel the tours cus she felt like it

that's a convenient way to misinterpret me. as long as this narrative helps you guys to blatantly hate on artists for no reason :shrug:

gagaisitalian
5 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Reputation is a mixed bag. The tour is MASSIVE, without a doubt. But sales and streaming wise it did just ok. Significantly down from 1989, but not a flop. A bit like Madonna’s Hard Candy, which underperformed compared to Confessions, but yet her accompanying Sticky and Sweet Tour was the biggest of all time by a female! 

Which leads me to think that TS7 is gonna be like Madonna’s MDNA...I hope I’m wrong. Just thinking about it from the publics point of view. 

You're delulu. "Sales and streaming wise it did just ok." Are you serious? The album sold 1.2 million copies it's first week WITHOUT streaming. 1989 sold 1.28 it's first week WITHOUT streaming.

Do your research before you try and drag an artist because you're jealous of their success.

Arcanum

I can never stan an artist that I can listen to his/her album with my parents in the room without feeling the need to change a song out of shame.

She is hardworking tho. Bravo.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Archived