💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna gets backlash for her tribute to late Aretha Franklin

stupidrain71

Featured Posts

TheodoreRx
3 minutes ago, Snow said:

Indeed! This was a nice thing from Madonna but since it's Madonna, what else type of opinions can you expect here. 

We are actually one of the more balanced fanbases in terms of our opinions. :laughga: I like Madonna, but that was NOT how you tribute Aretha Franklin. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji
1 hour ago, geopang said:

People will never be satisfied. The VMAs paid Aretha dust with no tribute, and Madonna decides to give Aretha a moment, yet it backlashes because people are ungrateful. 

no because it wasn't an actual tribute, it was a narcissistic white woman making things about herself for the 2459395th time..... so no, if you're gonna **** up a tribute, in a obliviously self righteous manner, its not a tribute. next. sorry.... 

aaronyoji

"its the thought that counts" but, if there was no thought put into it, it doesnt count. 

10 minutes ago, TheodoreRx said:

We are actually one of the more balanced fanbases in terms of our opinions. :laughga: I like Madonna, but that was NOT how you tribute Aretha Franklin. 

Then you can do it your way. :) Madonna did it from a personal perspective rather than boring general list of Aretha's achievements. And I personally respect and appreciate that much more. Each to their own. At least Aretha got tribute from the biggest star on Earth so that alone is something.

Ps. And now even the race card is out...seriously

TheodoreRx
Just now, Snow said:

Then you can do it your way. :) Madonna did it from a personal perspective rather than boring general list of Aretha's achievements. And I personally respect and appreciate that much more. Each to their own. At least Aretha got tribute from the biggest star on Earth so that alone is something.

I just think Madonna tributing Prince and Aretha is a little off. Aretha especially is part of a genre Madonna never sang. The fact that you make this all about Madonna and not ARETHA just shows that you would be okay with Madonna's tribute being so self-indulgent. 

ryanripley

omg she really did it make it about herself

also what is up with that accent?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

3 minutes ago, Snow said:

rather than boring general list of Aretha's achievements. 

The disrespect. Madonna gave tribute to Madonna. 

And you think people are interested in her boring list and story, how she “lived in a crackhouse and was mistaken for prostitute” in a tribute to the Queen of Soul? :triggered: 

FreePalestine

She’s dragged on Twitter for this. “Someone should tell Madonna she’s not the one who died”. 

FreePalestine

7 minutes ago, TheodoreRx said:

I just think Madonna tributing Prince and Aretha is a little off. Aretha especially is part of a genre Madonna never sang. The fact that you make this all about Madonna and not ARETHA just shows that you would be okay with Madonna's tribute being so self-indulgent. 

Big yikes, if her fans think Aretha should be grateful! 

FreePalestine

Lucas

I honestly don't see what's wrong with Madonna doing it ? It's true the VMAs should have done something with a powerful black vocalist to tribute Aretha but they didn't. It's better than nothing. And knowing Madonna's career and impact she was one of the best to say a speech about her

PlanetChromatica
1 hour ago, TheodoreRx said:

Hot take: These award shows need to cut the tributes. They never please anyone and always seem unsatisfactory. 

But then people will complain they aren't doing any at all, you can never win

Archived