💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey Faces Backlash For Israel Performance

Perfume

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, River said:

yeahï»ż but the strike actually happened after Hamas shotï»ż the rockets to Israel and destroyed a house and injured 3 people.. so BBC had to show the full picture and they didn't, so Israel compï»żlained ï»ż

So you approve that Israel dictates headlines in Western media? But if people say that, they’re antisemitic?

Also this starts to be like, what is older chicken or the egg? Did it start when snipers were gunning down medics and children at the march? Did it start when occupation started? Before those rockets you mentioned, this was in Haaretz 

Also the reality was that Israeli airstrike killed 9 months pregnant woman and her daughter. The first headline was fine, the second one is more confusing and it’s done on purpose.

FreePalestine

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she does have a point though. There's also a difference between performing for your fans in a country and say doing a . government sponsored event / performing at a fundraiser. Obviously, this is highly public example and everyone knows about the conflict to an extent, but it gets dicey when you expect an artist to only perform in areas with governments they agree with.

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

1 hour ago, The Louvre said:

Iraqï»ż,ï»ż Afghanistan, Syria, etc.ï»ż

When was the last time Western artists like her toured over there? :air: 

Western artists generally avoid touring Middle East, unless they’re invited to Israel. And Israeli government is using each one of them in their propaganda, but they’re not showing them the  reality. Israeli government is often not allowing people to see with their own eyes, what is happening at behind the wall, at check points; in Gaza, Palestinians have no saying in the matter. 

FreePalestine

River
20 minutes ago, lego said:

So you approve that Israel dictates headlines in Western media? But if people say that, they’re antisemitic?

Also this starts to be like, what is older chicken or the egg? Did it start when snipers were gunning down medics and children at the march? Did it start when occupation started? Before those rockets you mentioned, this was in Haaretz 

Also the reality was that Israeli airstrike killed 9 months pregnant woman and her daughter. The first headline was fine, the second one is more confusing and it’s done on purpose.

Hey you :hug:

I feel that you misunderstood me and what I wanted to point out.

My point is that the BBC from that example didn't give the full picture, so it's correct to ask it, A and B happened but they only published A.. like let's say now that if FOX would publish only about the rockets, we would complain about it too because they are ignoring the loss of a 9 months pregnant woman and her kid... the media is heavily bias on the conflict and it's never ever correct, I as a reader and a person must get the full picture and then I can make my own opinion and express myself.

You know that I don't like this antisemitic overuse, criticizing Israel's government has nothing to do with antisemitism.. to go to this route is to give a thumb up to this fascist government and I'm not the one to give them that..

All the recent mess started since Israel stupidity put the security check in the Temple few months ago (or is a year ago? don't remember) and then it became a ping-pong game without doing something to stop it..

Like honestly, how long are we talking about it, agreeing or disagreeing and did anything change?

One thing is sure - the will for peace in Israel died when Rabin was murdered by the right fascist :(

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

May I remind you all, Gaga was criticized for performing in Azerbaijan with headlines like

”Lady Gaga and members of Congress accept the paychecks of a tyrant - The Washington Post”

she was criticized on GGD too.

This is pretty similar.

FreePalestine

radioactive

As an israeli, I truly apologize for being born here, I should’ve known better! How sick of me that I choose to be born in this country, I’m ashamed of myself, I agree that because of that reason I don’t deserve to go to any concert for the rest of my life, no matter how excited and how much I anticipate the artist to come, I should’ve taken control of my actions. I’m sorry.

Melech

Fans of Lana are in general more left. With the backlash BDS will just alienate people who actually want peace. BDS is violent. 

And with this I am out. I won’t discuss this matter here anymore.

The Louvre
29 minutes ago, lego said:

When was the last time Western artists like her toured over there? :air: 

Western artists generally avoid touring Middle East, unless they’re invited to Israel. And Israeli government is using each one of them in their propaganda, but they’re not showing them the  reality. Israeli government is often not allowing people to see with their own eyes, what is happening at behind the wall, at check points; in Gaza, Palestinians have no saying in the matter. 

I ment that the US invaded, disrupted and killed lots and lots of innocent civilians in these countries.

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

Just now, Melech said:

Wanna know who else is claiming that? Nazis. 

You wanna know who also visits Israel to hang out with Netanyahu? 

Hungarian Nazi: 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/netanyahu-orb-n-israel-welcome-hungary-prime-minister-antisemitism-a8454866.html

You wanna know who praised recent national bill in Israel?

American Nazis:

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/07/26/richard-spencer-supports-apartheid-israel-again/#

https://www.jta.org/2017/08/17/default/richard-spencer-tells-israeli-tv-hes-a-white-zionist

...so what is your point? 

Western media is generally more pro Israel, because the governments are alies.

Once in blue moon they accurately write a headline, because it was deadly attack and Israeli government complains (even tho text is pretty much from Israeli standpoint). The headline is swiftly changed to more confusing one (some may think Gazans attacked themselves).

This is what happened. BBC headline - complaint - change of headline. 

But you DON’T want people to think Israel has any affect on Western media because it’s antisemitic to think so? 

FreePalestine

7 minutes ago, The Louvre said:

I ment that the US invaded, disrupted and killed lots and lots of innocent civilians in these countries.

Ok sorry, now I understand. But she’s an American and Trump is not using her in propaganda, so I would say it’s different thing. Israeli artists performing in Tel Aviv wouldn’t get backlash like this.

BDS is the only non-violent way for Palestinians and their allies to protest the injustice and it’s understandable why many of her fans are upset. 

FreePalestine

2 hours ago, The Louvre said:

She is there for the fans, not because she supports the governments.

If artists shouldn't visit countries "where the government is horrible and literally murdering people", they shouldn't tour the US too. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.

End of discussion. 

Thread over

Archived