💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Guetta: Gaga's new album will be absolutely crazy

Optimus

Featured Posts

Lucifer

I thought his wife was a man in drag. I was disappointed when I found out that she really were a woman tbh :coffee: :nails:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bornthiswayD

stargate produced OGITW. And they don't sound the same, really

Just pay a little bit of attention, It sounds the same.

Even DJ White Shadow Tweet:

Turn me on is like Only Girl in the world but in a very ugly dress.

AbuHassan1992

Just pay a little bit of attention, It sounds the same.

Even DJ White Shadow Tweet:

Turn me on is like Only Girl in the world but in a very ugly dress.

just because they both have a chorus with those generic synths, one time without drums and the 2nd with?

ARTPOPBABY

I like how you worded that, "Product of an overblown ego." He acts like his music is so godly:

Rihanna - Only Girl & Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On

Flo-Rida & Nicki Minaj - Where Them Girls At

LMFAO, Fergie, Chris Willis - No Gettin Over You & Chris Willis - Now That Love Is Gone

All his music now sounds identical and he prides himself with it because he is collaborating with mainstream artists now. He was better when he first started. I prefer music that has quality and meaning to it (i.e. Michael Jackson) versus someone that wants to score an easy # 1 on the charts. That to me says that your music lacks substance if you have to take the easy way out all the time.

Iz you implying he produced Only Girl (In The World) :huh:

Interludicrous

It's not the fact that he doesn't like BTW...It's the fact that he was pretentious enough to say it was disappointing because he wasn't on it

He didn't say that.

- He was dissapointed by the album.

- He wanted to be on it but didn't get to.

Two seperate things. People always go into attack mode when someone says something 'bad' about Gaga. He didn't even say the album was bad, he just had higher expectations.

He didn't say that.

- He was dissapointed by the album.

- He wanted to be on it but didn't get to.

Two seperate things. People always go into attack mode when someone says something 'bad' about Gaga. He didn't even say the album was bad, he just had higher expectations.

He says "[i regret not working for her] because I think I could have done some amazing things for Born This Way". Immediately after he says "And her last album, Born This Way, was to me very disappointing."

Later he goes on to state that he knows "for a fact" that the next album's going to be good - because he approves of one of the producers she's working with.

Those are not two thoughts, no matter how you try and interpret it. His "to me" is very deceptive but as it stands he, as a DJ with what could be labeled as the most generic, safe and boring sound, says he did not get to do his err...magic on BTW (thank god) and that it was a disappointing album. He simply implies he regrets not working for her because he could've "saved" the record, but he's sure the next one's good because he knows the producer. Oh, and he also just stated he liked The Fame better than BTW. That has got to tell you how utterly non-impartial and/or tone-deaf he is. He probably did offer his services but was never taken up on it, hence the piece of bitterness and self-aggrandizement shown in his statement. His tone betrays his train of thought - and how he said it is simply not how a normal human being without an overblown ego states "just an opinion".

AbuHassan1992

He says "[i regret not working for her] because I think I could have done some amazing things for Born This Way". Immediately after he says "And her last album, Born This Way, was to me very disappointing."

Later he goes on to state that he knows "for a fact" that the next album's going to be good - because he approves of one of the producers she's working with.

Those are not two thoughts, no matter how you try and interpret it. His "to me" is very deceptive but as it stands he, as a DJ with what could be labeled as the most generic, safe and boring sound, says he did not get to do his err...magic on BTW (thank god) and that it was a disappointing album. He simply implies he regrets not working for her because he could've "saved" the record, but he's sure the next one's good because he knows the producer. Oh, and he also just stated he liked The Fame better than BTW. That has got to tell you how utterly non-impartial and/or tone-deaf he is. He probably did offer his services but was never taken up on it, hence the piece of bitterness and self-aggrandizement shown in his statement. His tone betrays his train of thought - and how he said it is simply not how a normal human being without an overblown ego states "just an opinion".

Oh, so you're tone-deaf if you like The fame better than BTW? I love Born this way, but I enjoy listening to The fame more. I like the cleaner production, the theme and the lyrics over BTW. Don't get me wrong, Born this way is great, but to me, TF is greater. I feel like TF was smarter than BTW. But that's just me. Are you gonna accuse me of being a bandwagon-fan, tone deaf or stupid?

Oh, so you're tone-deaf if you like The fame better than BTW? I love Born this way, but I enjoy listening to The fame more. I like the cleaner production, the theme and the lyrics over BTW. Don't get me wrong, Born this way is great, but to me, TF is greater. I feel like TF was smarter than BTW. But that's just me. Are you gonna accuse me of being a bandwagon-fan, tone deaf or stupid?

Dude, of course not. I'm talking about from a professional standpoint as a DJ. He's never been one for err...meaningful lyrics OR production so it's mind-boggling why he'd actually prefer TF to BTW sound-wise to the point that he dislikes BTW. That's what I mean when I say tone-deaf.

You could make a case for TF's huge element of satire but I think BTW is filled to the brim with beautiful and almost poetic lyrics, metaphors, social/political critique and other things that stimulate the mind. But that's my personal opinion. I was talking about Guetta being tone-deaf from the pov of a well-known DJ who has never shown any interest in anything that might reek of being experimental or having clean production and who I would not be surprised at all to hear could care less about lyrics. The more generic the better for him. But how a professional could deny that, sound-wise, BTW is far superior and innovative to her previous work is... Quaint.

Mister G

I don't think anyone would accuse you of being tone deaf or stupid because of your preference. I think the overall summarization of the argument is that David Guetta is possibly the last person who should ever be talking about disappointment when it comes to quality of music. Nothing But The Beat didn't go over so well considering that he's gone so mainstream that half of his music sounds the same. There's a reason why Gaga went with the production she used for Born This Way. She was recreating sounds and melodies that you would hear in the 80's and early 90's. Yes The Fame is beautifully produced and was the sound of the future, but you have to remember that Gaga combine both aspects from The Fame and The Fame Monster. Her lyrics were very poetic in Born This Way which is something different for our times, while at the same using sounds that resonated with people decades ago.

But guys, can we focus on this part:

"But actually I know for a fact - because I know who she's working with now - that the next album is going to be absolutely crazy. He's someone really good, a young kid."

I mean, who can be that? Could it be Madeon? Cause there was some talking that Gaga confirmed in a LittleMonsters.com chat that Madeon, DJ White Shadow, and Lady Starlight will be opening for the US leg of The Born This Way Ball Tour.

Madeon is an 18-year-old French electropop producer. You can hear his work here:

HybridWarhol

But guys, can we focus on this part:

I mean, who can be that? Could it be Madeon? Cause there was some talking that Gaga confirmed in a LittleMonsters.com chat that Madeon, DJ White Shadow, and Lady Starlight will be opening for the US leg of The Born This Way Ball Tour.

Madeon is an 18-year-old French electropop producer. You can hear his work here: http://soundcloud.com/madeon

He's talking about DJ Zedd. It's already been confirmed that Zedd is producing songs on ARTPOP

photo-8954.jpg?_r=1340702184

This! :nails:

I can't at his comments. :crossed:

It would have been **** had he been part of BTW IMO. :sweep:

AbuHassan1992

He's talking about DJ Zedd. It's already been confirmed that Zedd is producing songs on ARTPOP

how can we know for sure? That Madeon guy is YOUNG AND FRENCH. It may just be him

Archived