music news

HDD: Travis vs Nicki “We Have a Winner!”

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Oyster said:

Yes it is... Gaga Is unfortunately irrelevant af and if you don’t admit that.... then you’re just blind. This is unfortunately not 2008 anymore

:(

Y’all so sad making an account on a Gaga fansite when you don’t even like her. Get a job.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

LetsGetHigh
6 hours ago, Ugly Boy said:

all i said was that born this way was a dollar i wasn't trying to instigate anything i was just pointing it out i-

The idea is that Gaga was going #1 either way, and if you're gonna come with wrong information then obviously you're gonna be called out for it. Amazon lost $3.2M and had to pay Interscope and Gaga full wholesale price. 

Whereas with Nicki, she did these desperate moves (adding FEFE, Queen given away for free by TIDAL, Queen+Poster+3 months free TIDAL, merch bundles as low as $10 for a shirt and album when album alone costs $10, etc) when HDD revealed she won't be #1. There's a difference boo!

LetsGetHigh
1 hour ago, Oyster said:

Yes it is... Gaga Is unfortunately irrelevant af and if you don’t admit that.... then you’re just blind. This is unfortunately not 2008 anymore

Yet she pulled 201K on her own with 0 bundles in 2016 and was the second highest female debut. 

Say it harder to yourself, maybe you'll believe it babe.

blackpink
2 hours ago, Oyster said:

i SCREAM every time a pressed stan of some other artist wastes their time and makes an account on here to troll skdjjfjdjd

I hope you find happiness one day :heart:

ryanripley
3 hours ago, Oyster said:

sure joanne

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Guest Adarsh
3 hours ago, Oyster said:

Yeah she's that irrelevant that her country influenced album sold 201k in its first week in the age of hip hop music, something Queen - a hip hop album is failing to do. So sad :(

StrawberryBlond
21 hours ago, Ugly Boy said:

all i said was that born this way was a dollar i wasn't trying to instigate anything i was just pointing it out i-

You know exactly what you were suggesting with what you said. Why bring up Gaga in a topic about Nicki? It always amazes me how Gaga fans are willing to put her down. I've never seen other fanbases do this. As others have already said, it was Amazon's decision to make it 99 cents, which was nothing to do with Gaga or her label as they don't govern how an online shopping site prices its products. It was just the American version that did this offer - international versions had to pay full price. The majority of her sales were not part of that offer. And Gaga has never done the things that Nicki's done - tour/merch bundles, adding a song that she featured onto a tracklist when the album had already been released, etc. All this was Nicki's doing, so you can't compare it to Gaga, who couldn't help that an online shopping site decided to sell her album for a low price. Why try to bring your fave down by making her look just as bad when she did nothing on the same level?

21 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

But, Minaj will find a way for Billboard to make her get the #1 album

mark my words.

I wondered this as well. Even in the coming weeks, she might do another discount or a publicity stunt or something. Albums that didn't debut at #1 have reached the top later if they generate a hit single or a performance on a huge platform. But I don't know if it'll work out for her this time. This isn't 2012 anymore.

20 hours ago, Ugly Boy said:

but nicki went #1 in 85 countries

On itunes. On the first day. That means nothing. The only charts that count are the official end-of-week charts that include digital sales from every digital music site as well as physical sales and streaming figures (the latter two are not included in itunes chart data and the site only includes sales from itunes alone and no other site). Nicki hasn't gone #1 in one country at the end-of-week charts yet. Her highest peak so far is #4 in Australia, everywhere else is #5 or lower. Of course, she'll be #2 in America but the point is, she's not gone #1 anywhere yet.

20 hours ago, Aga Gydal said:

The point is, artists and labels do stuff like this all the time in different forms, and attacking her by calling her desperate is both naive and hypocritical considering your fave literally sold an album for a dollar to claim a million seller. Hell, she scrapped single plans at least twice because she wanted to chart better. This is just the business, and it’s clear that people here have a personal issue with Nicki as opposed to the practice. 

See what I said in my first reply. That Amazon deal was nothing to do with her. And it was her label who changed her single plans, not her. The only time she scrapped single plans was when her label wanted her to release more singles from TF and she decided that her fans were ready for something new and had prepared a new album. That's not the same as "scrapping single plans to chart better." And if you're referring to her single changes, that was all Interscope's doing - when Troy was her manager, they were all about chasing the money and Gaga didn't like it. It is the practice we're against, not who's doing it.

20 hours ago, Aga Gydal said:

Again, one can’t help but wonder if you’d say the same if Gaga/Interscope pulled the same moves. Even if she hasn’t done the VOLUME of moves Nicki’s team did this week, my point was that she’s shown a similar kind of “desperation,” as we’re calling it. 

I know you weren't talking to me, but yes, I would say the same if Gaga did the same. I wouldn't be as vicious because I like her, but I call out desperation when I see it. I can tell when Interscope's made the decision, not her, and I'll only hold something against an artist when it's obvious that they generated the desperation, which is clear in Nicki's case. The desperation has been nowhere similar, I don't know how you can compare it. The volume of moves make all the difference. 4 desperate moves trumps 1 desperate move, surely?

Archived