💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB missing Grammys deadline isn’t really a bad thing

Madam Margolyes

Featured Posts

Madam Margolyes

This is actually a pretty common case. Almost every Oscar winning original songs like Skyfall, Let it Go, and Glory went the same path. They missed the Grammys deadline at the end of the year, went on to win an Oscar the following year, and still managed to win a Grammy a year after. From these cases, we can tell that Oscar win from the previous year maximizes their chances to win Grammy the next year. So, missing the deadline by a week could imply that WB is pretty confident in its Oscar win. With this, ASIB could also avoid competing with the previous Oscar winner/nominees at the Grammys like Remember Me or This is Me, since they also missed the Grammys deadline in 2017.

I know some of you guys said “but The Lion King....”. Well, here’s the thing, do you want Gaga to compete against Oscar winner and nominees from 2018 like Remember Me and This is Me OR to compete against The Lion King?

But this scenario only applies IF Gaga gets nominated or wins an Oscar next year. Besides, winning a Grammy is only a bonus anyway. ASIB’s main goal is to win an Oscar. So, let’s wait and see, shall we?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

people forget that this is a movie with an end goal of winning an oscar and propelling bradley and gaga as staples in the industry

the idea of winning a grammy is just a bonus for them and some free promo and who knows, people might hate the lion king :ohwell: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ARTPOPSTER

Gaga is probably not concerned abpt winning a Grammy for the movie. That’s not what it’s about. She wants to gain acclaim, and the way to do that is to win through a movie awards ceremony, not a music awards ceremony. 

River

Oscars > Grammys

And who knows, the Grammys became so populist that they may bend the rules and accept the single..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

freebit

Great point about Oscars potentially influencing things. 

9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

people forget that this is a movie with an end goal of winning an oscar and propelling bradley and gaga as staples in the industry

This. I feel its a bit shortsighted to meltdown over the Grammy deadline. For soundtracks, I feel like nobody really cares about what wins for visual media. 

Anyway, personally, I'm over the Grammys after last year, so I honestly don't care much if it wins or loses, or what the soundtracks chances are. My interest is about level with her possibly winning AMAs or Teen Choice Awards & the like. 

giskardsb
17 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the idea of winning a grammy is just a bonus for them and some free promo and who knows, people might hate the lion king :ohwell: 

I think people forget that this is a project Bradley and Gaga felt compelled to do and awards are secondary consideration.   Stan culture makes everything revolve around awards and measurables, to the detriment of the actual art. 

lost in limbo

Tbh, I though everyone had decided to boycott the Grammys lol. Pretty sure once the Grammy talk starts, people are gonna go back with their word which is sad.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

sipthistea

The Grammys are meaningless these days tbh. It's only a popularity contest at this point. 

Oscars >>>> Grammys

All moves should be based on the Oscars.

She already has Grammys. We are striving for EGOT

Quartz

Grammys are **** anyway. The Oscars haven't been tainted by trash popular influences yet. Prestige is still tied to an Oscar. 

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

freebit
15 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Grammys are **** anyway. The Oscars haven't been tainted by trash popular influences yet. Prestige is still tied to an Oscar. 

I hate to report such news, but to everyone's (but Disney/Marvel's) chagrin, the Oscars announced last week that they're adding a "Popular Achievement in Film" category. :rip: Though I will say at least they're still staying true to their snobbery & keeping it to this one category...I guess.

Quartz
10 minutes ago, freebit said:

I hate to report such news, but to everyone's (but Disney/Marvel's) chagrin, the Oscars announced last week that they're adding a "Popular Achievement in Film" category. :rip: Though I will say at least they're still staying true to their snobbery & keeping it to this one category...I guess.

Yeah, I read that too. As long as the major awards are untainted, I think their credibility remains untainted too ;)

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

TheodoreRx
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, Madam Margolyes said:

This is actually a pretty common case. Almost every Oscar winning original songs like Skyfall, Let it Go, and Glory went the same path. They missed the Grammys deadline at the end of the year, went on to win an Oscar the following year, and still managed to win a Grammy a year after. From these cases, we can tell that Oscar win from the previous year maximizes their chances to win Grammy the next year. So, missing the deadline by a week could imply that WB is pretty confident in its Oscar win. With this, ASIB could also avoid competing with the previous Oscar winner/nominees at the Grammys like Remember Me or This is Me, since they also missed the Grammys deadline in 2017.

I know some of you guys said “but The Lion King....”. Well, here’s the thing, do you want Gaga to compete against Oscar winner and nominees from 2018 like Remember Me and This is Me OR to compete against The Lion King?

But this scenario only applies IF Gaga gets nominated or wins an Oscar next year. Besides, winning a Grammy is only a bonus anyway. ASIB’s main goal is to win an Oscar. So, let’s wait and see, shall we?

Do we even know for sure that The Lion King remake will have original music, and won't just be covers from the animated movie? It seems like monsters are freaking out over something that isn't even a sure thing. 

Archived