celeb

BTS sells out Citi Field

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SWhaaaat

I don't get why must you people be pressed about it. They work hard and deserve their achievements. Just let them have the joy. Must you people be a kill joy

moonboywow
8 minutes ago, SWhaaaat said:

I don't get why must you people be pressed about it. They work hard and deserve their achievements. Just let them have the joy. Must you people be a kill joy

Like I said, cynicism 

Baepsae
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

This whole kpop/whatever wave is so annoying. I mean they're doing EDM/electro music. Just put some cute orient boys with different personas so girls can like them better. I'm not saying they're not talented but there's nothing new or innovative about it

If you bother to listen to a full album you'd know that's not exactly true but go off i guess.

1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

. And they happened to get more famous than other kpop groups cause they were pushed outside Korea by their agency and they just happened to be that kind of group that kpop fans really liked when they first came out so they had a fanbase really quickly. It honestly could be ANY other kpop boy group and it would be the same effect cause a lot of kpop fandoms are the same way: obsessive and not questioning anything just SUPPORT THE BOYS

That is just not true. They were dragged to hell and back before they had their first cute little hit with "I NEED U". They became so popular because their agency learnt from their mistakes and use social platforms to promote them.

A lot of groups were pushed outside korea but they didn't have much impact because agencies try to use the same formula outside the korea when the music industry doesn't work the same way.

49 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

These Kpop stars are TORTURED by their labels :rip:

This is true BUT BigHit Ent. (BTS label) is actually one of the good ones. Sure they made a lot of mistakes but since the CEO of the company is very close to them he takes care of the like his sons. It's pretty cuta actually.

At the end of the day (and I'm not talking about the ones i quoted) we should enjoy things and let people do the same. These guys are super nice and talented and I don't understand the need to drag them for being succesful (I mean WTF).

Have a nice day :hug:

moonboywow
13 minutes ago, Baepsae said:

If you bother to listen to a full album you'd know that's not exactly true but go off i guess.

That is just not true. They were dragged to hell and back before they had their first cute little hit with "I NEED U". They became so popular because their agency learnt from their mistakes and use social platforms to promote them.

A lot of groups were pushed outside korea but they didn't have much impact because agencies try to use the same formula outside the korea when the music industry doesn't work the same way.

This is true BUT BigHit Ent. (BTS label) is actually one of the good ones. Sure they made a lot of mistakes but since the CEO of the company is very close to them he takes care of the like his sons. It's pretty cuta actually.

At the end of the day (and I'm not talking about the ones i quoted) we should enjoy things and let people do the same. These guys are super nice and talented and I don't understand the need to drag them for being succesful (I mean WTF).

Have a nice day :hug:

Yes! Thank you. 

JazzGa

I just don't get it. Are their songs in English or do they at least have English choruses? I don't understand legions of young girls bopping to something with lyrics they don't understand! :messga: What happened to being emo? Or good ol anime? That was good enough for us! :messga: I feel old :messga::tony:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

moonboywow
7 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

I just don't get it. Are their songs in English or do they at least have English choruses? I don't understand legions of young girls bopping to something with lyrics they don't understand! :messga: What happened to being emo? Or good ol anime? That was good enough for us! :messga: I feel old :messga::tony:

Yes. They do have some English lyrics in their songs. Try listening to them. Listen to spring day and I like it 

edit: and the truth untold 

Flawless
17 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

The whole world listen to music in english even if they don't understand. For music, language shouldn't be a obstacle. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Sneaky Oliver
44 minutes ago, Baepsae said:

1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

Hey! I'm not criticizing their job or talent. I'm talking about this huge hype around kpop since past year and how this is not really THAT different from any pop/edm music except they are korean singers :laughga: but I guess media will make everything look like the next big thing from now on

I’m on my Legacy Act era

ApplauseftAdele
2 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

This whole kpop/whatever wave is so annoying. I mean they're doing EDM/electro music. Just put some cute orient boys with different personas so girls can like them better. I'm not saying they're not talented but there's nothing new or innovative about it

The reason is because most "idols" are basically manufactured by companies so that lonely teenagers become obsessed with them, which creates their die-hard fanbases. BTS doesn't do this as much and focus more on music, storyline and lyrics about social issues etc, but still have a big similar fanbase. So these fanbases become obsessively competitive comparing the music videos, so the companies spend more and more money on bigger and cooler music videos which basically spreads the "Kpop wave" to more people and the cycle continues.

Baepsae
9 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Hey! I'm not criticizing their job or talent. I'm talking about this huge hype around kpop since past year and how this is not really THAT different from any pop/edm music except they are korean singers :laughga: but I guess media will make everything look like the next big thing from now on

But that doesn't apply much to kpop these days (with few exceptions ofc, like BLACKPINK). Nowadays it's more R&B and Hip-Hop inspired with a mix of pop (sometimes kpop goes overboard with synths :laughga:).

If we're being completely honest the hype for K-pop (mostly for international fans) is also the choreo and the insane amount of content they produce when they're promoting :laughga:

moonboywow

It’s also just a breath of fresh air to actually see How polite the entertainers are. I know it’s a culture difference or whatever but yes. 

Sneaky Oliver
1 minute ago, Baepsae said:

But that doesn't apply much to kpop these days (with few exceptions ofc, like BLACKPINK). Nowadays it's more R&B and Hip-Hop inspired with a mix of pop (sometimes kpop goes overboard with synths :laughga:).

If we're being completely honest the hype for K-pop (mostly for international fans) is also the choreo and the insane amount of content they produce when they're promoting :laughga:

Yes! Sorry if my first comment came across as rude. I'm here for international/ non-US/UK acts getting bigger and bigger so congrats to BTS. We all were happy when Gaga did it so this is a big deal. :) 

@ApplauseftAdele I love your avi btw :giveup:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Baepsae
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Yes! Sorry if my first comment came across as rude. I'm here for international/ non-US/UK acts getting bigger and bigger so congrats to BTS. We all were happy when Gaga did it so this is a big deal. :)

Don't worry about it sis :hug: Maybe I overreacted a bit because in other BTS related threads I've seen GGD members being really nasty for the sake of being "sassy" and that really upsets me :laughga: so I'm sorry

here we go again putting BTS with other manufactured groups that are tortured by their companies. can y'all do more research about BTS please, they write most of their songs which is rare in kpop (well its more common now but not as it used to), they come from BigHit entertainment, a small company with barely any power in the industry, which means BTS works twice or thrice harder than other kpop groups from big companies for example blackpink (literally has 0 credits on their songs, success for being a 2ne1 replacement) 

also can u believe a group who sings in korean charted number 1 on billboard? and i can say this that english speaking artists are privileged in the US

Archived