A Star Is Born - Pre-order
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
society

Highly suspected terrorist attack in London

Featured Posts

Laceface

A car is understood to have hit cyclists before crashing into the security barriers.

At least two people were treated at the scene, and then taken to hospital.

The incident is being investigated by counter-terror officers.

The driver, a man in his 20s, wearing a white shirt and a black hooded puffer jacket, was detained at the scene and is now in custody.

The man was led backwards away from the silver Ford Fiesta after police held him at the scene for a few moments.

London Ambulance confirmed they treated two people at the scene, and took them to hospital.

Their injuries are not believed to be serious.

Scotland Yard said: "There was nobody else in the vehicle, which remains at the scene and is being searched. No weapons have been recovered at this stage."

A Met Police statement shortly after the incident read: "At 7.37am today, a car was in collision with barriers outside the Houses of Parliament.

"The male driver of the car was detained by officers at the scene. A number of pedestrians have been injured. Officers remain at the scene."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/armed-police-response-after-car-crash-outside-parliament-11472249

Edited by Laceface

monster4life231

Thankfully, nobody has lost their lives. Hoping that all those injured can have a swift recovery.

Robagaga

Its still not confirmed as a terror attack :ohno:

Maybe change the title till it is? 

We don't want to jump the gun 

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • Like 1

tomsches

And I thought the terrorist threat in Europe had simmered down after last years attack in Barcelona....

At least nobody died. 

Laceface

Arrested on high suspicion of terror offences. mobile won’t let me edit title :sweat:

Several witnesses said the crash looked “deliberate” and “intentional.” One described hearing “screams” as the car veered onto the wrong side of the road and ploughed into cyclists.

Edited by Laceface
  • Sad 1

Laceface
1 hour ago, tomsches said:

And I thought the terrorist threat in Europe had simmered down after last years attack in Barcelona....

At least nobody died. 

I know right and during rush hour, thankfully we now have crash barriers all around tourist locations :( 

Edited by Laceface
  • Sad 1

Acsnpdx8

Why does this keep happening?! All over the world every so often, people are driving into pedestrians. I call conspiracy. 

• Like 1

Economy

How do we know for certain it's a terrorist attack? The title is a little misleading

jesse_batista

Laceface
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

How do we know for certain it's a terrorist attack? The title is a little misleading

Police are treating it as a terrorist attack. It won’t let me edit the title on my phone as I said above.. I’ll try on pc. 

Edited by Laceface