Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What is a "ballad" ?

Moebius

Featured Posts

Moebius

Don't come for me :air: 

I can get it from the sound sometimes, but I still can't comprehend it most of the time. Like, is this a ballad too?

Is Dope a ballad?

help AmeriKKKa I am confusion :air: 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Kimmo

BALLAD bal·lad

ˈbaləd/

noun

a poem or song narrating a story in short stanzas. Traditional ballads are typically of unknown authorship, having been passed on orally from one generation to the next as part of the folk culture.

Enjoy :vegas:

Hottie Detector

FameMonster01
8 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Don't come for me :air: 

I can get it from the sound sometimes, but I still can't comprehend it most of the time. Like, is this a ballad too?

Is Dope a ballad?

help AmeriKKKa I am confusion :air: 

* Is Dope a ballad?*

No it`s a bop, quite an uptempo song 

ryanripley

the tea is: i was gunna make this thread cus same

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

xoxo Craig

I'd say a ballad is a song that tells the listener a story and tells in a way that packs emotion.

The definition of it is;

a poem or song narrating a story in short stanzas. Traditional ballads are typically of unknown authorship, having been passed on orally from one generation to the next.

Or

a slow sentimental or romantic song.

So, by this definiton, You and I is a ballad. Dope is a ballad, Million Reasons, Joanne, Angel Down, Brown Eyes, Speechless, Til it Happens To You are all ballads

End Racism Now

FfFfFfFF

A ballad is a slow, simple, acoustic (most of the times) song with romantic themes (love, sadness, grief etc).

Though the border between ballads and midtempo songs can be blurred sometimes, especially in electronic music, it's so distinguishable that I don't know how somebody can have a hard time recognizing it. 

Take Gaga's catalog for example. Future Love is a straight forward piano ballad, Let Love Down, Brown Eyes, Speechless are (glam) rock ballads. You And I is a country ballad, Joanne is a folk ballad, Milllion Reasons a country-inspired pop ballad, Dope is also a ballad but leans a lot towards theatrical music.

''Power ballads'' (like The Edge Of Glory and Gypsy) are at the border of ballad and uptempo.

Illuminati

Usually a slow sad/emotional song with stripped back production (but not necessarily). Brown Eyes, TIHTY, Dope, Speechless, Gypsy, Million Reasons and Angel Down are ballads. 

Sometimes they're transformed into EDM songs and no longer sound like ballads, other times it's the opposite an artist strips down the song like Gaga often does with Bad Romance piano performances. It becomes a piano ballad.

Moebius
52 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

* Is Dope a ballad?*

22 minutes ago, Aglaya said:

Yes

So what is the truth? :oprah:

Moebius
52 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the tea is: i was gunna make this thread cus same

Our girl is mysterious and hard to figure out. 

Moebius
46 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Ask @Mirages for more information 

I cant see anything its too skinny

avalon x

Basically every song Gaga's sang on the piano which you can't dance to at the club.

Spoiler

:ohwell:

Spoiler

Tbh I think it's like a slow sad song or a slow love song without much tempo or beat to it.

Spoiler

aka boring

Spoiler

:ladyhaha:

Miracle
56 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

* Is Dope a ballad?*

Yassss Dope detroit techno sis of Goverment Hooner

Mirages

@BBhomemaker thank you for the shout out :kara:

OT: what everybody is listing here as a ballad is ballad in terms of poetry and literature. In terms of music more appropriate term is sentimental ballad and its a song of usually slow tempo and lush production with emphasis on emotional delivery. You can have different types of sentimental ballads ranging from r&b and pop ballads (the ones @BBhomemaker listed here and that were popularized by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston) to power ballads which have more rock feel to it (typical for the band Queen and for example You and I by yours truly Miss Gagz) and country ballads (Million Raisins). Sentimental ballads usually lyrically cover love, heartbreak, romance and relationships, but often also cover topics such as war, protest or struggle with substance abuse (a.k.a. Dope) and social (TIHTY) and political climate.

For your other question, yes lucky can be considered a EDM ballad, but to my taste those are way over produced and don't deliver such strong emotions as r&b and power ballads. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Archived