life

Gaga buys €48K guitar for Vegas Residency

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4

So, at least we know Joanne tracks will make the setlist. Unless she plays Judas on the guitar :huntyga:

Moebius

Omg a guitar is worth more than my house, SKINNY

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

River

lol so cheap, I bought for 50k€:whitney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Didn't some rock star buy this for her? I don't think this is related. I can't remember who it was...

Hi Its Nicole

Ayo confirmed? Electric Chapel confirmed?

Spoiler

Venus Confirmed? :trollga:

Hello Gaga

The link in the tweet to the source didn't work for me, but I found the article, written in German:

https://www.morgenweb.de/mannheimer-morgen_artikel,-metropolregion-lady-gaga-kauft-gitarre-aus-der-pfalz-_arid,1297393.html

Google translation of article: (not 100% accurate)

Spoiler

His instruments are works of art: A bass - played by co-founder of rock band Grateful Dead, Phil Lesh - hangs in the world famous Smithsonian Museum in Washington, next to an instrument by legendary guitar maker Leo Fender. The New York Metropolitan Art Museum also has a bass by Jens Ritter. His clients included Prince and Dough Wimbish, bassist of the touring band of Madonna. Now the Deidesheimer instrument maker has added another famous name to his customer file: Lady Gaga (picture: dpa) has bought a guitar from him.

The piece glistens and shines from every angle: after all, the body covers 11,000 golden Swarovski stones and gives it a highly individual glow. "My friend Danuta Leydinger glued them all by hand," reports Ritter in an interview with this newspaper. On the fingerboard - also a peculiarity - the 46-year-old has also draped ovals of 24-karat gold as inlay work.

The instrument is a copy of a strictly limited edition of guitars, which the skilled mechanical engineer has launched. "Sandokan" he called the series. "Overall, there will be only eight of them," says Ritter. Each year only two of them are made to preserve the special and individual character.

Model at fair in Mannheim

Lady Gaga has now received the second copy of the series. Number three is currently in the works and will be officially presented for the big Guitar Fair "Guitar Summit" in the Mannheim Rose Garden from September 7th to 9th. For this copy, there is already a dealer in Paris as an interested party. At Christmas then Sandokan number four should be finished. This copy is not promised to anyone.

Jens Ritter has personally met Lady Gaga, who is one of the most successful contemporary artists, but not yet. The contact to her was made by Nile Rodgers. The musician and producer, who co-founded the funk band Chic ("Le Freak") and has worked for Diana Ross, Madonna, Duran Duran and Daft Punk, is also an avid owner of a knight guitar. Rodgers was there when Ritter presented the first Sandokan guitar to another Brazilian customer. He took a picture of the instrument, sent it to Lady Gaga and recommended it to her.

The artist finally bought the guitar. The purchase price is 48 000 euros. Ritter would gladly hand over the instrument to her personally. "I've been to the airport in New York," he says of his trip last December. But then the SMS came that Lady Gaga had fallen ill and canceled all appointments. Ritter left the guitar in New York with Nile Rodgers, who finally presented it to Lady Gaga.

Artist is thrilled

A WhatsApp message has already been received by Ritter from the singer and multi-instrumentalist. In it she thanks her and shows herself enthusiastic about the guitar. The Deidesheimer already knows what Lady Gaga will use the Sandokan guitar for. From December, she will be playing shows in a Las Vegas hotel for one year. "I'll definitely go there and watch a show," says Ritter.

By the way, the guitar is not auctioned yet, the knight was built from a Palatinate oak tree and matured in a Riesling barrel for one year. The auction is likely to increase via the Internet in the late year, he promises and hopes for a five-figure amount. He benefits completely from the German Childhood Cancer Aid Foundation.

:rockstar:

⚡🐲

asana15
9 minutes ago, Slutlamp said:

It was Nile Rogers

Yep. That's how it all started. Only she's chosen the golden/copper one.

Catnikko
12 minutes ago, Slutlamp said:

Didn't some rock star buy this for her? I don't think this is related. I can't remember who it was...

I think i remember reading it was like Nile Rogers or something who showed it to her and she bought it

edit: oh that already got posted oops :air: 

Archived