💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Nicki trying to piss Lil Kim while sampling Biggie.

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

I tried to give Queen a listen but after I hear “Barbie Dreams” it just became obvious that Nicki is just here to beef, Be reductive and just leave her original self behind. That song is the same as Lil Kim’s “Dreams” which is the first to sample Biggies “Just Playing (Dreams)” 

Before you guys start saying that it has nothing to do with lil Kim well then just notice how she starts naming her “rumors” and clarifying them just like Lil Kim on Dreams, Biggie used metaphors of famous people. But Kim and now miss Minaj they addressed their rumors. 

She seriously needs to start focusing more on herself not her idol Lil Kim 

Hottie Detector

Kimmo
2 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

It’s not like Kim wrote those lyrics or came up with the idea so who cares lol 

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Next time read before you press send.  lil Kim wrote Dreams, and You know what Biggie was talking about on his version? 

Hottie Detector

I mean obviously she is following in the 'tradition' of Biggie and Kim with that song - she isn't trying to hide it. This is like mixtape Nicki, flowing on the beats of Biggie and Kim songs:

I mean she also did the same thing, with the same track in 2007, also during her come up...

To me this song is her bringing it back to her old days, her beginnings, her roots - and it's a way of her paying homage :shrug: regardless of the beef she has had with Kim, she also shouts out a lot of her idols and pays respect to other "Queens" of hip hop in this album. Whether that's shouting out  Lady Luck  (alongside the younger Young M.A), shouting out Lauryn Hill, collaborating with Foxy Brown or so clearly referencing and paying homage to Biggie and Kim in this song (it wasn't hidden either... Like she named the track Barbie Dreams and worked with the same premise)...

I don't think she is trying to be petty with this honestly - like the homage is so obvious, she is paying respects to other "Queens" (and "Kings") of hip hop on the album, it's an obvious reference to her early career and she is just representing New York and where she came from. 

Nicki has always loved and referenced Big, she would obviously be aware of Kim's take too and she was inspired by Kim, I just wouldn't look for beef when she has been showing love with tracks like this since forever.

baptism

cool concept but since when has nicki wanted to pay homage to kim lol. i'd be annoyed if i was kim. 

aaronyoji

its funny cuz the same entitlement nicki feels towards cardi b thanking her for being on a song with her and the praise, is probably what lil kim felt towards nicki and yet was disrespected... the irony.... 

Boyboi12
6 hours ago, Kimmo said:

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Next time read before you press send.  lil Kim wrote Dreams, and You know what Biggie was talking about on his version? 

Kim never have and never will write her music lol what year were you born? I’m sure you didn’t grow up to little Kim if you’re under 27

Kimmo
9 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Kim never have and never will write her music lol what year were you born? I’m sure you didn’t grow up to little Kim if you’re under 27

This dude! :ladyhaha: 

I’m 34 try again buddy, I’m sure you didn’t grow up with lil Kim if you’re 27 and still don’t know what songs she wrote. Like I said, you have no idea what you’re talking about :trollga:

Hottie Detector

Boyboi12
7 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

This dude! :ladyhaha: 

I’m 34 try again buddy, I’m sure you didn’t grow up with lil Kim if you’re 27 and still don’t know what songs she wrote. Like I said, you have no idea what you’re talking about :trollga:

She been sued by three different ghostwriters. Ever heard of Antonio Walker????? We all know biggie wrote Kimberly Jones songs from 1993-until his death. Mostly everyone on bad boy records minus mase and jadakiss had ghostwriters. Stop trying to give Kim credit for words she not penning. 

Kimmo
1 minute ago, Boyboi12 said:

She been sued by three different ghostwriters. Ever heard of Antonio Walker????? We all know biggie wrote Kimberly Jones songs from 1993-until his death. Mostly everyone on bad boy records minus mase and jadakiss had ghostwriters. Stop trying to give Kim credit for words she not penning. 

And they’re all credited, have you not seen all the credits for Nicki’s? Yeah stop trying to give Nicki credit for words she not penning because Safaree says hello 

Hottie Detector

Boyboi12
20 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

And they’re all credited, have you not seen all the credits for Nicki’s? Yeah stop trying to give Nicki credit for words she not penning because Safaree says hello 

I’m not a Nicki fan!  I grew up during the age you were either team Fox or Kim... somethings should have stayed in the 90ds and Kim is one of them.

Archived