other

One more VMA post about 20/8 & Gaga

HermesGr

Featured Posts

LG7 time now
43 minutes ago, ARealWildMan said:

I mean it is roughly 10 years since The Fame

(Some releases on the 19th, some after)

The main release date was October 28th, but yeah you're right. I won't hope though, I don't want another Perfect Illusion kind of mess

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

If she does VMAs I doubt they'll officially announce her until she releases something or until near the show's date

Weasel
8 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

Wasn’t Beyoncé’s 2016 medley of ‘Lemonade’ a surprise performance at the VMAs?

Wait, it looks like it actually was a surprise judging by a simple Google search :nooo:

Also lmao at me coming across this article from 2016 by ET discussing 2016 VMAs rumours and the reasoning of why they thought Bey was performing is because MTV posted a tweet about her performance in 2013 like they are doing right now with Gaga :saladga: And also mess at them discussing a possible Gaga performance in that article too because of a leaked production sheet that turned out to be fake :selena:

https://www.etonline.com/music/196418_mtv_vma_rumors_2016_beyonce_ariana_grande

MaryJaneHolland
7 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Wait, it looks like it actually was a surprise judging by a simple Google search :nooo:

Also lmao at me coming across this article from 2016 by ET discussing 2016 VMAs rumours and the reasoning of why they thought Bey was performing is because MTV posted a tweet about her performance in 2013 like they are doing right now with Gaga :saladga: And also mess at them discussing a possible Gaga performance in that article too because of a leaked production sheet that turned out to be fake :selena:

No, it was announced. I remember everyone pitying Rihanna because she was getting the Vanguard that year and it was supposed to be her night.

The most that can happen is the second trailer of ASIB or an Enigma promo during the commercial breaks :unicorn:

TheAlpha
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

No, it was announced. I remember everyone pitying Rihanna because she was getting the Vanguard that year and it was supposed to be her night.

The most that can happen is the second trailer of ASIB or an Enigma promo during the commercial breaks :unicorn:

Oh, I wasn’t sure. I thought it was a surprise performance because I couldn’t believe that Riri agreed to let Beyoncé steal her spotlight lmao

You know this is just my opinion, right?

MonsterOfSpain
12 minutes ago, Weasel said:

There's a small difference though...

"Oh, and we should mention that Beyonce is also up for a record 11 awards going into the night."

They are a lot more aggressive with their usage of Gaga this year, no?

3 points in and ready for more

Killa
27 minutes ago, SJAG said:

Not yet

Any idea who might be front runner for that?

The whole seems very teen and 80s/90s throwbacky. Humm 

I think gaga has what it takes to present it. Ideal would be gaga×bradley. But that would only work as a counterpoint to the whole juvenile thing

Its a reach to the other galaxy lol.

But i think i remember presenters of the show doing it for theyre comeback year.

RahrahWitch
2 hours ago, SJAG said:

year VMAs performers are being announced with videos that features a slot machine kind of animation (See below for reference)

They used Kanye's scoop de poop song :ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

HermesGr

Still believe -IF- there is something,

that will be the Lead of Lg6,

after this, ASIB for Oct-Nov-Dec

and with Enigma opening, the full album..

So, #2018theradioisours will happen..

Chickens in Malibu

Guys it's not like they're doing this with Gaga only. Check their feed. They're referencing most of the past iconic moments.

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, HermesGr said:

Still believe -IF- there is something,

that will be the Lead of Lg6,

after this, ASIB for Oct-Nov-Dec

and with Enigma opening, the full album..

So, #2018theradioisours will happen..

ASIB will be 'done' in terms of promo after the first week of being released... Once a movie is out, movie compagnies often let the thing making its own way. The promo will mainly focus in September before the release and during the first week. Once new movies are out the next week a fall will be normal

6 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Guys it's not like they're doing this with Gaga only. Check their feed. They're referencing most of the past iconic moments.

Too much to scroll through, but I only see posts referencing current performers/nominees.

KleinGa
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

Every year we go through the same **** with this ''surprise'' performance. Truth is, if she really was performing, they'd milk it out and announce it in advance for sure. These performances are created to attract viewers to the ceremony. A ''surprise'' performance wouldn't benefit MTV at all in terms of audience reach. And I'm sure that once you're announced there's more contractual obligations such as that the artists have to idk, tweet about it at least a couple of times or whatever. Make sure their fans know they're performing or something. 

Has there ever been a surprise performance in recent years? I don't think so. And even if there was, there's no way they'd be able to keep it under wraps that she'd be performing.

sis calm down :icega:

I said I want her to pull off a surprise performance

pull off meaning successfully plan and execute one

damn, it didnt call for your whole doctoral thesis

its never that serious sistren :huntyga:

also, hasn’t beyonce done a few surprise performances already? 

S0436

It seems a bit over the top for someone not even attending ?  One post is usually what they do, not 3.

Archived