Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

1st ASIB box-office tracking $25 - $35 million

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Reality
9 hours ago, asana15 said:

Here's the problem:

They are projecting 3-day wide opening for Venom $40m. This means, ASIB is not winning the opening weekend (according to projections).

However, projected domestic total for ASIB - $117M for Venom - $85M.

ASIB having "longer legs" than Venom in North America.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-star-born-venom/

I've heard that Venom might open with $50mm. I don't know, even then I find that number pretty low. It's a superhero movie, and even though it isn't Marvel, the trailers look good and people are talking about it. Venom's a really popular character too.

I would be very surprised if ASIB does better than Venom (opening weekend and overall).

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
9 hours ago, yASSsss said:

Venom is going to be a panned mess. Have yáll watched the trailers :rip:

It might do good on the box office though cuz its from Spiderman-verse

I really liked the trailers though :laughga:

🃏🖤👹

In all honesty this sounds so unrealistic. $117 domestic total????? :omg:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

doppelganger
10 hours ago, Miracle said:

Venom is a superhero, high-budget movie. $25M is IMPRESSIVE for ASIB, while $40M is just okay for Venom

Venom's budget is reportedly modest for a superhero movie. Around $40m. It looks like a capital M.E.S.S. though so I'm not worried. 

yASSsss
53 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I really liked the trailers though :laughga:

it looked so bad and cheesy,imo :flop: 

and the fact that they're doing some reshoots to avoid getting a R rating :rip: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Madam Margolyes
9 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

Yeah the dialogue and Tom’s accent got me :awkney: 

And to think that both ASIB and Venom share the same DoP lmao

ferretti

I visit this website multiple times a week (I follow the box office pretty hard) and they’re the best in the business. It’s early, but this is based on social media interest, trailer views, similar movies, time frames, etc. 

For a movie like ASIB, which has a lot of hard to predict variables (will it get good critic reviews, will the soundtrack take off, the op’s opinion of Gags at the time) it might get adjusted a lot over the next few months. Whenever they see a change in behavior they’ll update their predictions. I think this is a good number and could grow if the soundtrack takes off and the reviews are strong.

The long range forecast is more important, cause Oscar-bait movies typically have long legs and earn really good multipliers on their opening weekends (over 3x opening weekend or more). I have high hopes and will make sure every person I’ve ever met sees this movie, even if it isn’t good. 

disco stick tester, inquire within

Reality
35 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

Some of the VFX were not the best like that one shot of Riot—idk if it was Riot, but I’m assuming it was—slashing everything with his axes hands and the other when the symbiote comes out of Eddie almost like a snake, talking to him. But I think that overall Venom looks good and Tom Hardy is perfect casting.

I do have other legitimate criticisms about the trailers and stuff, but I’m excited nonetheless.

As for the PG-13 rating, I believe that that’s what executives are leaning towards, but it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet. They also want to incorporate their own “spidey-verse,” which I personally think isn’t a good idea.

🃏🖤👹

TheCureinMalibu
6 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I feel like with ASIB it will be a hit or a miss in terms of box office, just my feeling

wow... that's a break even sentence :rip: like lol anybody could feel like you....

I don't think it's rating is that big a deal. This movie is geared towards adults anyway. How many teenagers would go even if allowed?

I feel this will have legs if it receives critical acclaim and maintains oscar buzz. And of course Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga are A-List stars. It probably can't top Venom on opening week, but I think this will do very well in the long run.

Sylvanas

I feel like this prediction is generous but I really hope it succeeds like this! I think it's possible with the right promo and the soundtrack release.

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

PopBitch
On 8/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, Zelda said:

How can they predict/estimate this already? 

source.gif

I'm a bit skeptic, I'm not expecting a huge gross but more so critical acclaim 

I think the opposite.  This movie, A Star is Born, has already been made several times before this version.    It will be big gross box office-wise compared to what it cost to make.  In other words, big for a mid-size budget film.  The budget was $30 million.  So it's not an indie film.  My guess is it will not have critical acclaim as far as Oscar acting awards or best movie, director.  The reviews by critics depend on this version.  Is it different enough to stand out, or just a cliched remake?  And I'm talking more than just plopping it into the country music genre.   It's Bradley's first gig as a director He also co-wrote the screenplay.. It's his first time doing that. So there's no way to know what he's capable of in that regard.  After seeing the trailer, I still expect it to be a hit, though.

PopBitch
On 8/10/2018 at 1:21 PM, Arturo said:

The Equalizer 2, a rated R film was projected to do $27-32m domestically and ended up beating Mamma Mia (PG13) with $35.8 million in its first weekend.

That's because of the type of movie Equalizer it is.   It gets a big male demographic of all ages and enough women to have a strong showing.   The demographic that love these types of movies and the first Equalizer don't care about the R rating.

ASIB wants to also get in all of those church-going country music fans.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, yASSsss said:

A Star Is Born
Opening Weekend Range: $25 – 35 million

Social media buzz is steadily growing for this remake thanks to strong trailer reception over the summer. The mega-star power of director/actor Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga could prove to be irresistible for audiences even beyond their fans. If award season contention follows, staying power wouldn’t be hard to develop — especially considering the renaissance of successful box office runs for musicals in recent years. The breakout potential of this one is hard to ignore right now, putting current forecasts in bullish territory.

Total domestic box office prediction- $117,000,000

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-star-born-venom/

not sure if its the right section :v:

Of course there's gonna be a movie more successful than ASIB, we like what we like and that's final, what's the point of this thread? XD

RAMROD
On 8/11/2018 at 12:11 AM, Zelda said:

How can they predict/estimate this already? 

source.gif

Ordinary people wouldn't know these kind of things. But there are this stuff called Box Office Tracking agencies who set up estimates on gross from a movie based on various stuffs, including how much a films gets coverage on a media cos that will bring the movie into attention of the public. It is their job to collect these data. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived