Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Nicki Minaj - Queen

ZiggyZiggs

Featured Posts

Borislshere
5 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Anyone CAN use the word. No one SHOULD use the word. See the difference there?

I agree with you in that no one should be using the word knowing the history of it but, black people have reclaimed the word and turned it into something less hateful. When rappers use the word in their music, they aren't rapping it thinking about what white/non black people are going to do. They know that white/non black people should have enough common sense to not say such a thing regardless of it's context. It's kind of like when people think they can say whatever it is they want because of "free speech" and they may be right but, that doesn't protect them from repercussions. It shouldn't be this difficult for y'all to comprehend. 

Here are some articles that further explain why white people(and non blacks) shouldn't use the n-word because frankly I'm over arguing on ggd with people who don't understand basic human decency:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ta-nehisi-coates-n-word_us_5a0a025ce4b0b17ffcdf9d67

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/malcolmaime-musoni/stop-saying-*****-if-your_b_8190836.html

https://www.theroot.com/why-its-ok-for-black-people-but-not-white-people-to-u-1826255011

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NCgaga
23 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I agree with you in that no one should be using the word knowing the history of it but, black people have reclaimed the word and turned it into something less hateful. When rappers use the word in their music, they aren't rapping it thinking about what white/non black people are going to do. They know that white/non black people should have enough common sense to not say such a thing regardless of it's context. It's kind of like when people think they can say whatever it is they want because of "free speech" and they may be right but, that doesn't protect them from repercussions. It shouldn't be this difficult for y'all to comprehend. 

Here are some articles that further explain why white people(and non blacks) shouldn't use the n-word because frankly I'm over arguing on ggd with people who don't understand basic human decency:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ta-nehisi-coates-n-word_us_5a0a025ce4b0b17ffcdf9d67

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/malcolmaime-musoni/stop-saying-*****-if-your_b_8190836.html

https://www.theroot.com/why-its-ok-for-black-people-but-not-white-people-to-u-1826255011

There is no such thing as “reclaiming a word”. You don’t get to take a word invented by hateful white racists and “reclaim” it to only be used by black people. That isn’t how racism works. That isn’t how linguistics works. That is however how missinformation and hypocrisy works. You don’t get it. The fact that you think and article written by an editor of the Huntington post is fact, and not opinion just shows where your mindset is. You need to have more respect for factual information, and not get your information from emotionally written articles by writers or editors.  If you want to have a conversation based on the spread of American racism I’ll talk all day. One of my biggest studies in college, and one of the prominent courses I teach. But don’t bring huffington post articles to this, because you will get laughed right or of the argument .

StrawberryBlond

I have no idea what you all are seeing in this. It's terrible. I think it's her second worst, after Roman Reloaded. She repeats so much meaning that there's actually quite limited verses, she lets her features overtake her somewhat (Majesty is the ultimate example of this), the features talents are wasted, the beats aren't memorable and it's packed with filler. The only ones that ok/above average are Ganja Burns, Barbie Dreams, LLC and Coco Chanel. With everything else, I don't know what she was thinking. In all fairness, it was her most rap album to date, but that only made the inclusion of Nip Tuck and Come See About Me all the more strange as they just didn't fit. She's no longer appealing to the pop crowd, she needs to move on from that. Considering this is the longest she's ever taken to make an album, this is a major disappointment. She was really getting somewhere with The Pinkprint but she's thrown that away now. She's officially lost it. There's moments of greatness with a line or two but she reached her peak and now it's all downhill. It looks like Cardi's takeover has affected her work - a very common thing when an artist suddenly feels like they're not #1 anymore.

MaybeKermit
4 hours ago, NCgaga said:

There is no such thing as “reclaiming a word”. You don’t get to take a word invented by hateful white racists and “reclaim” it to only be used by black people. That isn’t how racism works. That isn’t how linguistics works. That is however how missinformation and hypocrisy works. You don’t get it. The fact that you think and article written by an editor of the Huntington post is fact, and not opinion just shows where your mindset is. You need to have more respect for factual information, and not get your information from emotionally written articles by writers or editors.  If you want to have a conversation based on the spread of American racism I’ll talk all day. One of my biggest studies in college, and one of the prominent courses I teach. But don’t bring huffington post articles to this, because you will get laughed right or of the argument .

Tbh you need a history class...

It's the same case as the word QUEER.

It used to be a slur and a very hateful and agrrssive word towards gays etc... long story short: they said: so what if I"m queer? WE LOVE the way we are.

We are here, we are queer and we won't live in fear (queercore movement). 

Black people have been called N**** by slave masters. They reclaimed it and did the same: I'm a n**** so what? Look at me making money now.

White people cant use it because we were NEVER called the N-word!!!! 

It"s simple as that, why dont people get it omg. 

NCgaga
1 hour ago, Funkymonkey said:

Tbh you need a history class...

It's the same case as the word QUEER.

It used to be a slur and a very hateful and agrrssive word towards gays etc... long story short: they said: so what if I"m queer? WE LOVE the way we are.

We are here, we are queer and we won't live in fear (queercore movement). 

Black people have been called N**** by slave masters. They reclaimed it and did the same: I'm a n**** so what? Look at me making money now.

White people cant use it because we were NEVER called the N-word!!!! 

It"s simple as that, why dont people get it omg. 

Actually you need a history class. You obviously have no idea of the origins of either word, so here you go(Because there is a big difference)..

The “N” word was invented by white racists as a contemptuous term for black people. If you look up the definition of the N word, it has no other meaning or origin. It is, and has always been a hateful term. True, a black person can refer to their friends as “my N—“ - but why can’t a white person? If the white person isn’t using it in a racist or derogatory way, then why  not? There is where the hypocrasy lies.  The main issue, is throwing around the word in everyday lingo, putting it out into the culture,  then getting upset when someone other than your race uses it. IF you try to “change the definition of the word, to not be offensive, then it’s no longer offensive. It’s a word. No race can “own” a word. 

The word “Queer” did not originate from a hateful term. It’s meaning is strange, weird, or Odd.In fact, its official definition still has nothing to do with Gay people. IT wasn’t until later that the term was also applied to weird people, and eventually Gay people. As a gay person I have no issue with other people using the word Queer in a non-hateful way. I don’t use the word. The word “Fag” is definitely never used by me. I don’t want straight people to use the word, so I don’t use it either. Any word that is used to demean or be derogatory to anyone, I do not use. 

By your logic, do you want to take back the “F” word and start calling all your friends, that? Are you going to get upset if a straight person uses the word? Just curious. 

Rappers biggest audience is young white people. They know this. It has been that way for a long time. By all means, if you want to use the N word loosely, go ahead- but don’t be hipocritical and get mad if your audience does the same thing. Hypocrisy and mass victim mentality runs just as rampant as white supremacy these days. You, just don’t get it.  Thanks anyway. 

still can't recover from roman's appearance at barbie dreams. listened to the whole album once more and i guess chun swae, thought i knew you, and sir are the least favorites of mine. the interludes are amazing, and it IS an album. :sis:

roman came in like 

giphy.gif

and i've never jumped out of my seat for so long :giveup:

Spoiler

top five: ganja burns (i danced like a blithering idiot in the shower), majesty, barbie dreams, rich sex, LLC

least favourites: chun swae, run & hide (a bit), sir, thought i knew you (it killed the momentum of good songs, my expectations were too high sh!t)

where is the kendrick lamar and jay-z collab tho :confused:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

053Timo
19 hours ago, Borislshere said:

You know exactly what the original writer meant. Let's not start acting stupid. 

No tbh

053Timo
17 hours ago, NCgaga said:

No one should use the word, period. The word was given to black peoole by racists. Black people did not make up the word for their people. Black people of the 1950’s and 60’s fought for equality and for that word to be erased from the mouths of racists. Now, Black rappers  want to  throw the word around and numb it’s meaning and put it in every single or album, then get mad if their largest audience says it? No. It’s hypocritical. It’s problematic.  Black people should not use the word if they don’t want the rest of the world to use it in the same way they use it. So if you, as a black person use the word in a non racist way, then you should have no problem if someoneof a different color also uses it in a non-racist way.  And don’t say, “let’s not waste our time with these people”- if you actually had facts and a good point to teach, then your hypocritical message might take hold with someone. Otherwise people will continue to think your message has no bearings, which it doesn’t. 

This exactly, thanks. I would love to know more about the meaning of that word to black people, but I really don’t get it if they use it themselves.

I’m not from America, in my country we don’t use that word at all so I don’t know the history of it. And please don’t say I’m ignorant; that’s so not true. 

053Timo
16 hours ago, Borislshere said:

I'm over the "Black rappers shouldn't put it in their songs" excuse. No. You have a mind and you are capable of knowing what you should and shouldn't say. It's not your place as a non-black person to say if it is or isn't acceptable for us to use. And Ziggy is right. Why should we waste our time trying to educate someone who doesn't want to be educated? I've seen that member around the forum when It comes to the n-word and he's pretty much set in stone with his way of thinking. 

This is absolutely not true. Yes I asked this question multiple times. But never was anybody able to tell me why black people can and white not. 

RepentingSinner
12 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Actually you need a history class. You obviously have no idea of the origins of either word, so here you go(Because there is a big difference)..

The “N” word was invented by white racists as a contemptuous term for black people. If you look up the definition of the N word, it has no other meaning or origin. It is, and has always been a hateful term. True, a black person can refer to their friends as “my N—“ - but why can’t a white person? If the white person isn’t using it in a racist or derogatory way, then why  not? There is where the hypocrasy lies.  The main issue, is throwing around the word in everyday lingo, putting it out into the culture,  then getting upset when someone other than your race uses it. IF you try to “change the definition of the word, to not be offensive, then it’s no longer offensive. It’s a word. No race can “own” a word. 

The word “Queer” did not originate from a hateful term. It’s meaning is strange, weird, or Odd.In fact, its official definition still has nothing to do with Gay people. IT wasn’t until later that the term was also applied to weird people, and eventually Gay people. As a gay person I have no issue with other people using the word Queer in a non-hateful way. I don’t use the word. The word “Fag” is definitely never used by me. I don’t want straight people to use the word, so I don’t use it either. Any word that is used to demean or be derogatory to anyone, I do not use. 

By your logic, do you want to take back the “F” word and start calling all your friends, that? Are you going to get upset if a straight person uses the word? Just curious. 

Rappers biggest audience is young white people. They know this. It has been that way for a long time. By all means, if you want to use the N word loosely, go ahead- but don’t be hipocritical and get mad if your audience does the same thing. Hypocrisy and mass victim mentality runs just as rampant as white supremacy these days. You, just don’t get it.  Thanks anyway. 

When we talking history the n word comes from the Latin word for black "niger".

Andreu
20 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I have no idea what you all are seeing in this. It's terrible. I think it's her second worst, after Roman Reloaded. She repeats so much meaning that there's actually quite limited verses, she lets her features overtake her somewhat (Majesty is the ultimate example of this), the features talents are wasted, the beats aren't memorable and it's packed with filler. The only ones that ok/above average are Ganja Burns, Barbie Dreams, LLC and Coco Chanel. With everything else, I don't know what she was thinking. In all fairness, it was her most rap album to date, but that only made the inclusion of Nip Tuck and Come See About Me all the more strange as they just didn't fit. She's no longer appealing to the pop crowd, she needs to move on from that. Considering this is the longest she's ever taken to make an album, this is a major disappointment. She was really getting somewhere with The Pinkprint but she's thrown that away now. She's officially lost it. There's moments of greatness with a line or two but she reached her peak and now it's all downhill. It looks like Cardi's takeover has affected her work - a very common thing when an artist suddenly feels like they're not #1 anymore.

Totally agree

Archived