Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Nicki's Tour Bundle Will Not Boost "Queen"

gagaisitalian

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian

Please know that this post is not meant to bash Nicki, it is only here to add a commentary to the on-going discussion of "will Nicki outsell Ariana" and "will Nicki outsell Cardi".

In most of these discussions, I have seen dozens of people throw out that Nicki has tour bundles and that will boost her sales to help her compete with Ariana and to outsell Invasion of Privacy.

Well, I came to provide these images of Nicki's current ticket sales for her and Future's show in Houston, TX. Keep in mind this show is on a FRIDAY NIGHT (most popular time to go to a concert) and is taking place in one of the most diverse cities in America with a heavy rap/RnB crowd.

This show has also been on sale for well over a month (and I believe was announced at the height of Chun-Li's popularity). Also, keep in mind that there are still more available seats not being shown in some of the emptier sections because I know the Toyota Center holds some of these seats for Rockets season ticket holders, as well as for friends and family of the crew.

tumblr_pd7uvkd88d1tfhipao1_540.png

tumblr_pd7uvkd88d1tfhipao2_1280.png

tumblr_pd7uvkd88d1tfhipao3_1280.png

tumblr_pd7uvkd88d1tfhipao4_1280.png

DiscoHeaven23

I wanna know where people are getting this idea that she’s bundling her album and tour?

i haven’t heard that anywhere but on here.

please give me credible links, receipts or something

mr.peter
11 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I wanna know where people are getting this idea that she’s bundling her album and tour?

It's listed there on the side under From The Artist

https://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1432250?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search

New Music Included!

Every pair of online tickets comes with one physical copy of Nicki Minaj’s upcoming album, "Queen" and Future’s forthcoming  album. Approximately 24-48 hours after purchase, you will receive an additional email with instructions on how to redeem your album. US/Canadian residents only. One CD per pair of online tickets. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale.

27monster27

Sorry, I am not too familiar with the pictures that the venues put out. What do each of the colors mean?

he/him/his

gagaisitalian
7 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Sorry, I am not too familiar with the pictures that the venues put out. What do each of the colors mean?

Blue means you can purchase that seat. Greyed out means the seat has been bought or the arena is holding onto those seats for the future.

Christopher
6 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Blue dots are unsold tickets. Grey dots are tickets that have been bought. 

gagaisitalian
34 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

It might have not been announced by Nicki, but on every ticket page it is noted that each ticket comes with a Nicki album and a Future album.

StrawberryBlond

I'm honestly shocked. How can this tour even go on with this amount of tickets still going begging? Genuinely, I don't get it. If less than 40% of a venue's tickets are sold, the date usually doesn't go on. I mean, they can't even hide this with curtains.

27monster27
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm honestly shocked. How can this tour even go on with this amount of tickets still going begging? Genuinely, I don't get it. If less than 40% of a venue's tickets are sold, the date usually doesn't go on. I mean, they can't even hide this with curtains.

Didn't Katy Perry have the seats around the GA removed because they weren't needed on a tour date though? No shade, but I think that they will still let Nicki perform.

he/him/his

TheAlpha

Her fans dragged me on Twitter and said she's doing big numbers this time around because of the bundles and Chun-Li sales.. And they also think she's debuting at number 1 because Ariana doesn't sell that much.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

gagaisitalian
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Same here. How do they make enough money to pay the artists/band/crew/venue/etc. I am 75% sure this tour, or at least dates like Houston, will be cancelled if no miracle comes around for Nicki and Future.

They are also now dealing with the possibility of their pedophile opener going to jail. I know they are announcing two more openers (a desperate attempt at hype if you ask me, why does a joint tour need three openers?) in the future, but who would be silly enough to sign on to this tour at this rate? One of their openers would be better off touring by themselves at venues that hold very small capacities.

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

Blue dots are unsold tickets. Grey dots are tickets that have been bought. 

That’s a lot of openings, hopefully they don’t cancel dates. :ohno: Not a big Nicki fan but I like seeing every artist succeed.

StrawberryBlond
13 hours ago, 27monster27 said:

Didn't Katy Perry have the seats around the GA removed because they weren't needed on a tour date though? No shade, but I think that they will still let Nicki perform.

Katy didn't have basically every seating ticket on the upper sections being unsold, though, she just struggled with some sections and these areas were covered by curtains. At the rate this is going, everyone at this show is going to be standing and all the seats will be closed. There's absolutely no point booking an arena if everyone's standing.

12 hours ago, LDR said:

Same here. How do they make enough money to pay the artists/band/crew/venue/etc. I am 75% sure this tour, or at least dates like Houston, will be cancelled if no miracle comes around for Nicki and Future.

They are also now dealing with the possibility of their pedophile opener going to jail. I know they are announcing two more openers (a desperate attempt at hype if you ask me, why does a joint tour need three openers?) in the future, but who would be silly enough to sign on to this tour at this rate? One of their openers would be better off touring by themselves at venues that hold very small capacities.

It's not like a rap show needs lots of dancers, backdrops and props, it'll be very no-frills, I'm sure, but there's still a lot of people to be paid. A pop show would've been cancelled without a second thought, so they're hanging on by a thread here. Labels are all about saving money now so if your date isn't selling, it gets cancelled, or else you're just making losses.

I remember when The Weeknd was going to originally be the opener for Rihanna's Anti tour but by the time the tour actually happened, he'd aquired such a high level of solo fame that he has enough clout to do his solo tour, so he dropped his involvement! That must be more than a bit embarrassing.

Ryusei

I think saturday dates are usually more popular than Friday dates. For Taylor's tour the saturday dates or sunday dates sold faster than friday dates. Just a little comment. but yeah doesnt look too good overall so far

Musery

Wow.. this is sad :( Although I don't know if touring together with Future was the right thing to do... aren't the audiences a bit different for both of them?

Also adding 6ix9ine... :messga:

Hopefully, the album and the VMA's performance will boost the sales a lot... And thank God the European dates are doing much better

Archived