💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga will be on October VOGUE Cover

Miaou

Featured Posts

grenziel
28 minutes ago, Inferno said:

-Her 2012 Vogue cover was both in regards to promoting the born this way ball as well as promotion for the then upcoming fragrance yes.

-I actually liked her 2011 cover a lot, I kind of get why some people didn't like it because of her hair and all that but I actually thought it was pretty dope. nothing id hang on my wall or anything but i liked it.

-Coty is a pretty low rent parfum manufacturer that primarily serviced the output of cheap celebrity fragrances and not the good ones. They were usually involved with like...drug store brand crap. Its been a minute since ive really delved myself into the world of fragrances which I was once very obsessed with and still am to a certain extent but not as much, so I cant remember the exact celeb fragrances coty was involved with and im not saying they werent successful ones either, they just werent what I thought Gaga would want. I just feel like Gaga being Gaga should have partnered with a more high end manufacturer to create something of more intrigue and quality. I get that she wanted it to be affordable and I still think it could have been I mean Rihannas was taken seriously, it was interesting and still affordable and thats why its had such a successful shelf life. Its not that I dislike Fame. I thought as far as celebrity fragrances go it was at least one of the more interesting ones campaign and note wise, that being said it wasnt as good as it should have been. I dont think Coty is about honoring creativity, I think they're about money and being cheap. And I think Coty being Coty inherently cheapened her whole fragrance endeavor which of course we now know she wasn't even truly interested in in the first place.

-as for the shoot like idk. idk why vogue doesnt always present her as interesting as she is. there was actually nothing about the photoshoot that I liked sans the full on face/beauty shot that imo should have been the cover honestly:

img-lady-gaga-september-2012-4_170650847

Remember reading and listening interviews during and after the promotion of FAME fragrance? Lady Gaga, though not directly, loathe things that just promotes her image without any artistic integrity to it which is why, arguably, translates her the attitude and overall character during FAME launch.

It's healthy that we're critical to her decisions but let's consider people around her that made her do something that she may or may not agree with, *rolls eye* - Troy Carter.

After all, FAME fragrance is revolutionary and it's visuals is something that other artists would die for.

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schizophonic

by the way.... i dont think she hated the fame. i think it was more about eu the gaga what made her change her mind because she almost ignored it and there must something went terribly wrong with that. i dont think she wanted to do it at all.

Inferno
1 hour ago, grenziel said:

Remember reading and listening interviews during and after the promotion of FAME fragrance? Lady Gaga, though not directly, loathe things that just promotes her image without any artistic integrity to it which is why, arguably, translates her the attitude and overall character during FAME launch.

It's healthy that we're critical to her decisions but let's consider people around her that made her do something that she may or may not agree with, *rolls eye* - Troy Carter.

After all, FAME fragrance is revolutionary and it's visuals is something that other artists would die for.

In my post I acknowledged the fact that she didn't like selling fragrances. That being said, I dont interpret that to mean she never wanted one. There were talks of her creating a fragrance dating back to early 2010. I think she might have entertained the idea more fondly initially, had a lot of creative thoughts about what it could look and smell like, all of them were probably being shot down or not working and by the end of it she had to release something she wasn't 100% proud of. Those initial rumors of blood and semen being within the fragrance I truly believe she wanted to do something like that and a house like Coty wasn't down because they dont believe that would move units. Thats what I believe. I think somewhere along the journey of creating a fragrance she discovered the lack of freedom within it and thus why she did not like selling them. And I also think its not just Troy but involving themselves with Coty. The timeline of the first rumors of her releasing one to the actual official release date was 2.5 years. It wouldn't have taken 2.5 years to create the fragrance that was released. They obviously had some setbacks along the way.

The Fame fragrance was the first black eau de parfum but it was not the actual first black fluid fragrance. They got away with claiming that based on a technicality, because other black colored fragrances were not technically parfums. I believe the first was an oud and its been like a long time since I looked into it so I dont remember what it was called. You could look it up. The advertising for Fame was amazing though I agree and even despite the fact that I found it to be somewhat of a disappointment coming from Gaga, I still thought that compared to her peers she released something more interesting than your a-typical fruity floral body spray type scent thats marketed towards pre-teens a la Ariana, Nicki, One Direction, Justin Taylor, etc etc etc. The list goes on endlessly. I thought Gaga was still at least within the realm of the more thoughtful releases. But I mean maybe im wrong? I dont think she seemed to like it much.

Robinladen
14 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

by the way.... i dont think she hated the fame. i think it was more about eu the gaga what made her change her mind because she almost ignored it and there must something went terribly wrong with that. i dont think she wanted to do it at all.

Did you see any of the interviews to promote FAME? She was pissed off 90% of the time lol. She probably enjoyed some aspects of it like creating the video with Klein, but it’s clear she found creating a perfume a waste of time and energy afterwards. I don’t think anything went wrong with Eau De Gaga, she was probably just contractly obligated to do an other perfume. But this time she just decided to not waste any time or energy on it. At that time it became clear Troy Carter made her do a lot of commercial things she wasnt really here for like the ARTPOP app. Anyway nowadays all her focus is on the main aspect of her career again which is great.

Schizophonic
4 hours ago, Robinladen said:

Did you see any of the interviews to promote FAME? She was pissed off 90% of the time lol. She probably enjoyed some aspects of it like creating the video with Klein, but it’s clear she found creating a perfume a waste of time and energy afterwards. I don’t think anything went wrong with Eau De Gaga, she was probably just contractly obligated to do an other perfume. But this time she just decided to not waste any time or energy on it. At that time it became clear Troy Carter made her do a lot of commercial things she wasnt really here for like the ARTPOP app. Anyway nowadays all her focus is on the main aspect of her career again which is great.

yes, sure i noticed the horrible interviews. cearly not enjoying it at all and beeing high as **** most of the time.

but yes, focus on real projects like music and acting suits her better.

Inferno
8 hours ago, Robinladen said:

I lowkey feel like she was down for a fragrance at first, she talked about it back in 2009/10. But I think maybe in trying to work out a perfume for 2.5 years she discovered she didn't enjoy the industry maybe? Like she wanted to make something weird but her collaborators and maybe the pressures of being able to sell in the celeb fragrance industries then crowded market was like too much and made it an almost soul-less commercial chore rather than a fun creative outlet.

freebit
On 8/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, Inferno said:

-Her 2012 Vogue cover was both in regards to promoting the born this way ball as well as promotion for the then upcoming fragrance yes.

-I actually liked her 2011 cover a lot, I kind of get why some people didn't like it because of her hair and all that but I actually thought it was pretty dope. nothing id hang on my wall or anything but i liked it.

-Coty is a pretty low rent parfum manufacturer that primarily serviced the output of cheap celebrity fragrances and not the good ones. They were usually involved with like...drug store brand crap. Its been a minute since ive really delved myself into the world of fragrances which I was once very obsessed with and still am to a certain extent but not as much, so I cant remember the exact celeb fragrances coty was involved with and im not saying they werent successful ones either, they just werent what I thought Gaga would want. I just feel like Gaga being Gaga should have partnered with a more high end manufacturer to create something of more intrigue and quality. I get that she wanted it to be affordable and I still think it could have been I mean Rihannas was taken seriously, it was interesting and still affordable and thats why its had such a successful shelf life. Its not that I dislike Fame. I thought as far as celebrity fragrances go it was at least one of the more interesting ones campaign and note wise, that being said it wasnt as good as it should have been. I dont think Coty is about honoring creativity, I think they're about money and being cheap. And I think Coty being Coty inherently cheapened her whole fragrance endeavor which of course we now know she wasn't even truly interested in in the first place.

-as for the shoot like idk. idk why vogue doesnt always present her as interesting as she is. there was actually nothing about the photoshoot that I liked sans the full on face/beauty shot that imo should have been the cover honestly:

img-lady-gaga-september-2012-4_170650847

Oh, I see.  I remember someone posting online a few years ago that some of Britney's perfumes smell different now because they were cutting costs on the notes & replacing some of them with cheaper ingredients, I wouldn't be surprised if Coty did similar things (Brit's are by Elizabeth Arden). I do think Fame smelled way too conventional & sweet for what it was marketed as, them watering it down sounds very likely.

I love that shot, it would've been strong as a cover. Any other Vogue edition probably would have chose it. 

Sorry for the bump, but was there any other confirmation other than that twitter account?

3 points in and ready for more

On 8/7/2018 at 6:18 PM, Satans Ex Wife said:

Lol yall, it would be too funny if she took Beyonce's concept of "in my backyard in front of the laundry" to a whole nother level and totally upstaged her with a NYC laundry scene with some insane couture dangling between 2 high rises

5691260a51be044d92113d5a1241d55c.jpg

you mean this?

freebit
1 hour ago, Miel said:

Sorry for the bump, but was there any other confirmation other than that twitter account?

Page Six reported on it, as well as a twitter account that always posts about who is on upcoming covers (apparently they're well known on fashion twitter, and from what I've seen they've been correct so far with Beyonce, Madonna, and Emma Stone as well as others. I'd post their tweet, but I can't remember their name). 

Edit: found it:

They were wrong on the photographer for Bey's, but if you look at their account they're pretty reliable as far as who is going to be on various covers. 

12 minutes ago, freebit said:

Page Six reported on it, as well as a twitter account that always posts about who is on upcoming covers (apparently they're well known on fashion twitter, and from what I've seen they've been correct so far with Beyonce, Madonna, and Emma Stone as well as others. I'd post their tweet, but I can't remember their name). 

Thank you!

3 points in and ready for more

JazzGa
On 8/18/2018 at 12:21 PM, Queen Neyde said:

5691260a51be044d92113d5a1241d55c.jpg

you mean this?

Kinda, I was thinking of that but mixed with TEOG video fire escape vibes

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

• 3 weeks later...
Pierre

Possible new info about the US Vogue Cover + Vogue UK.

Lady Gaga is looking gorgeous on the cover of US Vogue, should be released soon. No idea if it's really I&V who shot her, but she got 100% photo approval. Wtf is going on over there at Wintour's Vogue?! Do your job! Once upon a time celebs would kill for the throaway month cover, now they all after Edward's Vogue (ask Gaga's people how hard they wanted that October cover that went to VB and her kids). But it sure makes you look even more desperate when you start giving coverstars all control just to secure them! Smh!

-I really can’t wait to see the cover!!! Does she look like GaGa or more of the A Star Is Born character? I honestly have never seen any version of this movie, or follow her that much to know the difference, but she looks beautiful and recognizable to me.

-Do you know if Gaga will be on British Vogue soon? Yes, I don't follow her career, so no idea what projects she has coming up next year, but if schedules align, she will get it in 2019. This time Beckhams were booked 6 months upfront, and he couldn't bump them for her. If it was a model cover, it would be canceled for Gaga, for sure.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/posts/30452427/

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Starbucks
4 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Possible new info about the US Vogue Cover + Vogue UK.

Lady Gaga is looking gorgeous on the cover of US Vogue, should be released soon. No idea if it's really I&V who shot her, but she got 100% photo approval. Wtf is going on over there at Wintour's Vogue?! Do your job! Once upon a time celebs would kill for the throaway month cover, now they all after Edward's Vogue (ask Gaga's people how hard they wanted that October cover that went to VB and her kids). But it sure makes you look even more desperate when you start giving coverstars all control just to secure them! Smh!

-I really can’t wait to see the cover!!! Does she look like GaGa or more of the A Star Is Born character? I honestly have never seen any version of this movie, or follow her that much to know the difference, but she looks beautiful and recognizable to me.

-Do you know if Gaga will be on British Vogue soon? Yes, I don't follow her career, so no idea what projects she has coming up next year, but if schedules align, she will get it in 2019. This time Beckhams were booked 6 months upfront, and he couldn't bump them for her. If it was a model cover, it would be canceled for Gaga, for sure.

Source?

Your everyday cups of kindness

Archived