Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music has gotten really bad recently...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

Solitaiire

Not when MISS ARIANA GRANDE is still releasing bops.

Pre Order Sweetener coming August 17th!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirrion Rizzons
2 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

This! I remember getting my haircut in 2014 and they had Gaga, Katy, Rihanna ect. on and it was amazing...  now it's full of Drake and Ed Sheeran and I just want out of there as quickly as I arrived :messga:

paparazzi played when I got my haircut last week haha but they were playing heart radio so that explains why

LADYGAGASHOOCK
8 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

A lot of it narrows to personal taste but I actually think The Light Is Coming is actually think it works as a song and critics are with me on this. It's super catchy, the ''acvatic'' synths are interesting, even Nicki sounds good there. The vocal sample may be annoying but is unnoticeable after a few listens. Lyrically is intriguing and unlike many other songs on the radio it catches your attention and makes you think.

tenor.gif?itemid=11996306

I love Ariana, God is a woman and NTLTC have become some of my favourites from her so far actually. But if TLIC is an experimental song, then a song made out of farts would classify as divine tbh:huntyga: That song is just plain bad, you don’t have to be a musical genius to make it. A 10 year old could literally create the same thing. There’s almost no harmony. Also, the track requires almost no vocal range at all:messga: The track will most likely tie together with the rest of Sweetener as a full body of work nicely but as a standalone single... nnnnn:derpga:

But this is just my opinion and I do respect yours:derpga:

LordEnigma

How original :ladyhaha: it’s not like this hasn’t been done over and over for every decade of music.

High King

Ehh speak for yourself, putting the “breaking pop” and “alt/pop” playlists on shuffle has resulted in the discovery of hundreds of new bops, some of them being the freshest I’ve ever heard. Pop is as strong as ever in 2018. 

Pop is just like R&B, hip-hop, classical, rock, and jazz. They have their moment in the spotlight then fade for a while and come back around. 

Monsterish

I think I have a playlist with 10-15 songs on Spotify that I really liked in this first mid of 2018, which is really tragic :messga: And I realised that I'm always listening Troye-Ariana-Rosalía's singles on repeat, nothing else. I listened a few albums (Camila, Shawn, Bebe...), but they're weak and forgettable :emma:

Probably, the worst year in pop music history :rip:

gagzus

I’m thirsty for BIG ANTHEMIC pop songs again, I’m hoping Gaga’a gonna give us music that is layered, has great melodies and hooks (which she always seems to mostly with a few exceptions on Joanne for example) and I want DROPS, TRANSFORMS and PROGRESSION in her new album. I’m happy she’s going into the more EDM route again because now she can give us some big songs again. 

JazzGa

Pop music today:

-- Melodies are one to two notes

-- The beat goes drdrdrrr-drp <rest> drdrdrr-drp <rest> in literally every song

-- Choruses and hooks are a single line repeated and rhymed with nothing

-- Lyrical content is: "I am a sad and emotional boi" or "I am the best and haters are bad" 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Princess Stache

What pop music?  The only girl we have releasing right now is Ari and even she's using a lot of hip-hop influence.

Princess Stache

I would argue 2013/14 was the last good year.  We had some exceptions here and there but overall pop is dead in 2018.  2017 was actually a decent year (although a lot of great music didn't go mainstream) with Dua Lipa's debut, Witness (hate on it but it was POP music with minimal hip-hop influence), Rainbow, Reputation (again not the best album in substance or commercial value but was still pop at its core), and even Charli XCX's Number 1 Angel, although it was a mixtape and didn't allow for album-level promotion.  If you want PURE electronic/synth pop you need to listen to Number 1 Angel.  Anyway, mainstream pop is dead at the moment but there is still some pop left if you look out of the mainstream.  Like I previously mentioned Charli XCX is devoted to pop music and the past 4 singles from her upcoming album have all been spectacular pop gold (aside from the hip hop influenced 5 in the Morning, which is still great), Kim Petras (if you can ignore the fact that she works with Dr. Luke), Tove Lo, and even RuPauls Drag Race alum Blair St. Clair's generic-sounding yet fun dance/EDM album.  Hopefully Gaga's work with SOPHIE and other PC/electronic producers can revitalize the pop industry where there is virtually no competition.

moonboywow
6 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

Pop music is dead. Hip hop is the thing now.

71OAZUH.gif

That’s why I listen to Kpop. More effort is put into it. 

I mean look at this 

LeJudas

The only things I'm looking forward to in the Pop world, is Janet and Gaga. Those two legendary queens can change the whole music scene

TSUNAMI
9 hours ago, Admin said:

Not when Ariana released the best pop song of the decade in 2018.

I think you're sexy as fuq but I think you're wrong.

SolidSnake

Pop music has always been on the whole bad. You have to look for unique artists. Plenty of them out there today. 

Archived