💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rosalía: a promising Spanish pop star on the rise

JHS

Featured Posts

A Spanish pop star has been born:pray: I'd like to introduce GGD to ROSALÍA

712757-600-338.jpg

She's a Catalan 25-year-old artist and she's currently smashing in Spain. She has that it-factor to become the next big thing: beautiful voice, great dance moves, great visuals, great live performances, humble personality... However, what makes her stand out and shine the most is her unique style and aesthetic: in these times of political tensions between Catalonia and Spain, she blends the traditional flamenco music and culture from Andalusia with modern trap/hip-hop sounds, resulting in a totally fresh sound and look. As a result, she's being praised by the media for managing to put younger generations in touch with traditional Spanish music while staying current. She claims she finds inspiration both in flamenco artists as well as American rappers such as Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar. In addition, she has built her career on her own with her sister and mother.

Her hit 'Malamente', released last May, is breaking boundaries and borders internationally, making it to rankings all over the world. Dua Lipa tweeted about her a few days ago:

She writes meaningful lyrics and puts out original music videos full of metaphors and Spanish symbology. Here's the two singles she has released for her upcoming album 'El Mal Querer'

Malamente (Cap.1:Augurio)- 'Badly (Cap.1: Omen)'

Pienso en tu mirá (Cap. 3: Celos)- 'I Think Of Your Gaze (Cap.3: Jealousy)

As a Spaniard I consider her to be the most interesting and exciting thing to happen in Spanish music for a long time. Hope you enjoy her!

Here's a clip of her performing

tomsches
9 minutes ago, LoisLilMonster said:

A Spanish pop star has been born:pray: I'd like to introduce GGD to ROSALÍA

712757-600-338.jpg

She's a Catalan 25-year-old artist and she's currently smashing in Spain. She has that it-factor to become the next big thing: beautiful voice, great dance moves, great visuals, great live performances, humble personality... However, what makes her stand out and shine the most is her unique style and aesthetic: in these times of political tensions between Catalonia and Spain, she blends the traditional flamenco music and culture from Andalusia with modern trap/hip-hop sounds, resulting in a totally fresh sound and look. As a result, she's being praised by the media for managing to put younger generations in touch with traditional Spanish music while staying current. She claims she finds inspiration both in flamenco artists as well as American rappers such as Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar. In addition, she has built her career on her own with her sister and mother.

Her hit 'Malamente', released last May, is breaking boundaries and borders internationally, making it to rankings all over the world. Dua Lipa tweeted about her a few days ago:

She writes meaningful lyrics and puts out original music videos full of metaphors and Spanish symbology. Here's the two singles she has released for her upcoming album 'El Mal Querer'

Malamente (Cap.1:Augurio)- 'Badly (Cap.1: Omen)'

Pienso en tu mirá (Cap. 3: Celos)- 'I Think Of Your Gaze (Cap.3: Jealousy)

As a Spaniard I consider her to be the most interesting and exciting thing to happen in Spanish music for a long time. Hope you enjoy her!

Here's a clip of her performing

OMG I was there when she gave that concert in Santiago!

Just now, tomsches said:

OMG I was there when she gave that concert in Santiago!

OMG really??:excited2: My friend went there as well and said she loved it. I wish I could've gone. Do you live in Galicia?:hor:

RAMROD

Could her mother was a fan of Thalía and her last novela ever, Rosalinda? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

15 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Could her mother was a fan of Thalía and her last novela ever, Rosalinda? :poot:

giphy.gif

Cssomeone

"Pienso en tu mirá" is one of my favorite songs of 2018 so far (and the video for it is amazing as well). I really hope she becomes more famous.

Rafr88

Rosalia is that bıtch, Malamente is that bıtch, Pienso en tu mirá is that bıtch, El Mal Querer will be that bıtch:giveup:

Now really, Rosalia make me listen to music in my language, that's some santeria:air:

1 hour ago, LoisLilMonster said:

Thank you for this:giveup:

Rafr88

Also, Esto Está Encendido next single, bookmark me:staymad:

37 minutes ago, Rafr88 said:

Now really, Rosalia make me listen to music in my language, that's some santeria:air:

I relate :air:

Breakdown

Not really a fan of trap elements (or trap in general), but I appreciate her artistry and the fact that she creates a new sound mixing flamenco and trap and that she references her own culture in the music instead of just ripping off american trap but watering it down at the same time. I hope she reaches to the latin american public and becomes more successful. Ella merece éxito. :golfclap: 

So starry eyed on the flowery hillside, breathless and fervid amid the dandelions.

tomsches
19 hours ago, LoisLilMonster said:

OMG really??:excited2: My friend went there as well and said she loved it. I wish I could've gone. Do you live in Galicia?:hor:

No but I'm writing a PHD thesis about the galician language so I spend a lot of time there.

Why did I read the title as "on the rice" :messga: 

But yes I like that song. She seems palatable.

9 hours ago, tomsches said:

No but I'm writing a PHD thesis about the galician language so I spend a lot of time there.

Oh wait yes, I know you from the Linguistics Thread:D

Andreu

I have only enjoyed Malamente off her discography, and besides the fact I more or less like the song it's amazin how she's made a genre which looked totally dead, sound current.

Supporting catalan talent always duh :vegas:

Archived