💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are LGBT artists underrated?

Jeroen Bloeming

Featured Posts

jprince99x
4 minutes ago, aaron l said:

I see what you're saying but I think it's important to recognize sexual diversity in entertainment because the LGBTQ+ community still isn't seen as up to par with heterosexual artists/actors. We still have hetero/cis actors being cast LGBTQ+ roles.

We should recognize it but it shouldn’t define an artist. Janelle Monae was on last months cover of Rolling Stones, she came out as pansexual and told her story on the experience. In this month’s issue there is an article about Troye Sivan’s sexuality. I think this is terrific. I am part of the lgbt community myself and I think artists should be recognized because of their music, not their sexuality.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Chickens in Malibu
2 hours ago, Noah said:

I mean yeah, but the reason why their music isn't charting isn't because of their sexuality but because dance/pop music isn't a current trend. We're currently in a trap/soundcloud rap phase, so dance music isn't successful in general. 

I disagree. It's just that Pop has been weak recently. Remember the 3 #1's Justin Bieber had with his Pop album. Same with Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars etc...

It's just that people don't like hearing the same type of pop anymore. The trend has change. But Pop Music can still do well.

1 hour ago, Kween said:

No, he has three #1 albums in the US alone. :lolly:

Still a bit shook that IMB was nominated for several VMAs. The video is just him laying down the whole time lol

I'm A Mess

Meruk Holland
1 hour ago, Eggsy said:

No Gaga is Bisexual and she Isnt over looked at all or snubbed for anything. :saladga:

5 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

No, Lady Gaga is bisexual :derpga:

While this is true, society as a whole doesn't give a sh*t if an artist is bisexual, especially female artists. Most people forget or think they're just going through a phase or just trying to be a special snowflake, and so their sexuality is kinda just ignored. I mean, there are even Monsters that believe Gaga isn't bisexual anymore :ph34r:

Besides, when it comes to female bisexual artists, it makes them edge and pervy straight guys think it's hot.

Mirrion Rizzons

Yes and No

We have very successful acts such as Elton John and Sam smith and bowie etc

however I feel like some LGBTQ+ artists can be unfortunately off putting to lots of straight men, for this reason:

No one (except homophobes) really cares about the display of LGBTQ+ People in videos and songs BUT

some of these artists make it seem that their sexuality is everything and shove it down our throats. Take hayley kiyoko for example, she's always going around saying "gay" this and "gay" that. "Oh I'm gay" "yes gay" "gay gay gay gay gay"

Then it ends up looking try hard and inauthentic, causing it to become off putting to the GP.

Hence why bowie, elton and sam smith achieved success as well as the likes of frank ocean and more

Gaga, like bowie and madonna achieved success by being really boundary pushing. But when madonna and gaga starting fighting against homophobia, the GP started to become tired of them because of stereotypes and the implied favouritism.

Straight and gay artists both discuss sexuality, but some LGBTQ+ Artists talk about it way to much.

And it doesn't help that the media perceives and pushes them as a "Gay artist" rather than just an artist like everyone else as this divides them and can be straight away off putting for straights and even some gays. 

Eggsy
1 hour ago, Meruk Holland said:

While this is true, society as a whole doesn't give a sh*t if an artist is bisexual, especially female artists. Most people forget or think they're just going through a phase or just trying to be a special snowflake, and so their sexuality is kinda just ignored. I mean, there are even Monsters that believe Gaga isn't bisexual anymore :ph34r:

Besides, when it comes to female bisexual artists, it makes them edge and pervy straight guys think it's hot.

I was obviously being sarcastic

Archived