Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Troye Sivan Is Underrated

Yuuri

Featured Posts

fivefoottwo
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Sam Smith is gay and yet he's successful though.

this is a good point. maybe it is because troye's work is more risk-taking, abstract and brings more representation to the lgbt community. what do you think?

Bradley
Just now, fivefoottwo said:

this is a good point. maybe it is because troye's work is more risk-taking, abstract and brings more representation to the lgbt community. what do you think?

I haven't seen many videos of Troye but from what I have seen he acts in an effete/feminine manner.

I think that's the reason why he's not liked by the GP as much as Sam is. Sam predominantly sings about love and break-up songs and even straight people can relate to his visuals and music whereas Troye has this really feminine vibe around him that the GP may not like that much.

It's just like how gay people prefer to have masculine partners instead of feminine ones. I wouldn't call it homophobia, it's just a preference.

fivefoottwo
11 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I haven't seen many videos of Troye but from what I have seen he acts in an effete/feminine manner.

I think that's the reason why he's not liked by the GP as much as Sam is. Sam predominantly sings about love and break-up songs and even straight people can relate to his visuals and music whereas Troye has this really feminine vibe around him that the GP may not like that much.

It's just like how gay people prefer to have masculine partners instead of feminine ones. I wouldn't call it homophobia, it's just a preference.

yes and that difference accounts for the difference in the success between the two of them in my opinion. personally i still love trove's style but i can see why its not really for everyone

Erm, I don't think he's underrated, Sam Smith is just way more talented and has a better voice and better songs. I do agree Troye is less relatable to GP, but they are just not on the same level musically.

16 hours ago, Adakam said:

His music and his project in general are amazing, but we still live in a world where an artist who bases most of his life and image around being gay, wont get too far.

We need people like him for the community, but its a huge barrier for his career I doubt he'll ever get over.

I think he's not promoted as much in the USA as in other countries

I'm A Mess

Archived