opinion

"Red and Blue" vs. "Joanne"

Moebius

R&B vs. JOANNE  

72 members have voted

1. 1. //

Featured Posts

Moebius

I'm gonna refrain from explaining my choice for now; I'm on mobile and its torture writing paragraphs here nnnn.

But I choose Red and Blue, because, in short, its what Joanne wanted to be : a stripped back album of Gaga going back to her roots.

And what ARE Gaga's roots? Glam rock New York City underground artist. Not Texas.

I'll elaborate further in another thread, and give rational explanation over my disappointment of Joanne some of yall dont seem to get so yeah. For now, which do YOU prefer?

And for fcks sake dont vote if you havent heard both.

For those who havent heard (of) it

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whore

Joanne has (obviously) better production, as well as better hooks. Red & Blue did its job but fans like to really hype it. 

ryanripley

well a major difference between Red and Blue and Joanne is RB was made by her whilst Joanne was made by her, bloodpop, father john misty, beck, mark ronson, kevin parker, florence and that hillary girl

i bet the original Joanne probably sounds a lot more like RB (we know bloodpop was brought in to make it more commercial) but with so many pop influences on Joanne (and the fact it needed to sell), it can't truly be HER roots but it's for sure very similar to RB. you can't really expect Joanne to sound a lot like RB because that was 12/3 years ago :spin: her artistry has developed like crazy

also texas? :huh: where did that come from?

anyway i chose Joanne cus John Wayne :music:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Tom Nook

But only one of them has perfect illusion on it :lolly:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

xoxo Craig

Joanne doesn't have 'Texas' themes in it, it is very much Gaga going back to her roots :ohwell:  

I think the issue is that you hate everything Gaga has done over the past few years 

End Racism Now

Moebius
7 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

and that hillary girl

Didnt expect a drag like this from you sksksks

But points were made. I trash Joanne a lot but I would love it if it were more indie and less pop. The way it is niw makes it seem like shes using the genre to seem "artistic" which for me is very shallow. But Ill explain more later

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Moebius said:

But points were made. I trash Joanne a lot but I would love it if it were more indie and less pop. The way it is niw makes it seem like shes using the genre to seem "artistic" which for me is very shallow. But Ill explain more later

nn i forgot her last name :air: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

xoxo Craig
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

well a major difference between Red and Blue and Joanne is RB was made by her whilst Joanne was made by her, bloodpop, father john misty, beck, mark ronson, kevin parker, florence and that hillary girl

i bet the original Joanne probably sounds a lot more like RB (we know bloodpop was brought in to make it more commercial) but with so many pop influences on Joanne (and the fact it needed to sell), it can't truly be HER roots but it's for sure very similar to RB. you can't really expect Joanne to sound a lot like RB because that was 12/3 years ago :spin: her artistry has developed like crazy

also texas? :huh: where did that come from?

anyway i chose Joanne cus John Wayne :music:

This

End Racism Now

Moebius
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

Joanne doesn't have 'Texas' themes in it, it is very much Gaga going back to her roots :ohwell:  

I think the issue is that you hate everything Gaga has done over the past few years 

Because unlike you, I started stanning different and varying artists and started viewing Gaga as an artist that CAN fail and WILL fail, a fact that this fanbase and most importantly YOU cant seem to accept.

My problem isnt with where Gaga is heading. My problem is how she is executing her ideas.

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Moebius said:

How is it shallow to be artistic in Pop music?

End Racism Now

Moebius
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

nn i forgot her last name :air: 

Lindsey maybe? Mess i dont know either weeee

Magneto

It's amazing how all she had to do was put on a cowboy hat and suddenly the whole album was branded by some people to be as country as a biscuit:huntyga:

Free my mind

xoxo Craig
Just now, Moebius said:

Because unlike you, I started stanning different and varying artists and started viewing Gaga as an artist that CAN fail and WILL fail, a fact that this fanbase and most importantly YOU cant seem to accept.

My problem isnt with where Gaga is heading. My problem is how she is executing her ideas.

I view Gaga as an artist that can fail, she has done many times during her career with ARTPOP being a prime example.  You stan Dua Lipa, Lorde and Lana - how is that varying?  All three make music for the masses of their genre, and are bland and boring. 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, Magneto said:

It's amazing how all she had to do was put on a cowboy hat and suddenly the whole album was branded by some people to be as country as a biscuit:huntyga:

This tea :tea:

End Racism Now

Archived