Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

What if Judas wasn't released on Easter?

Drin Lon

Choose  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Judas vs Venus

• Judas
    • Venus

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drin Lon
16 minutes ago, illbekind said:

Easter was not the reason Judas flopped. Its just the excuse LMs use to hide the fact that the public didn't respond well to it. There was no big controversy, and the only audiences anything to do with this would have been people who never listened to Gaga in the first place.. It didn't get "banned on radio" - that's so dramatic and never happened. 

Before I go any further, let me just say, I LOVE Judas. It's one of my favourite songs. But it's not radio friendly and wasn't new/fresh. I've said this multiple times but the song is a recycled Bad Romance/Poker Face.

Whoah whoah whoah... I'm in love with Judas
Whoahowahh.. Caught in a Bad Romance (BR)

Judas, Jud-ahh, Judas Gaga
Rah rah ah ah ah, Gaga oo La la (BR)

When he comes to me I am ready
I wanna hold em like they do in Texas please (PF)

Whoahwoah..I'll bring him down bring him down down
Oh, oh oh oh oh. I'll get him hot show him what I've got (PF)

I'm just a holy fool, oh baby it's so cruel, but I'm still in love with Judas baby
I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me could write a Bad Romance (BR)

In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repetence..
I won't tell you that I love you kiss or hug you.. (PF)/Walk walk fashion baby (BR)

I wanna love you, but something's holding me away from you
I want your love, and I want your revenge, I want your love, I don't wanna be friends (BR)

For all the BTW stans still wondering why Scheisse was never released as a single, this is clearly the same reason! It's literally a replica of Bad Romance.

I think its okay to say that a Gaga song didn't do well and be fine with that. Of course Judas makes this a bit harder to swallow after a string of massive hits.. but it was Gaga's first manufactured song and it didn't work.

So you agree with me that Hair should have been a single :poot: :poot:

MANiCURE 6

For me, BTW singles should have been :

- BTW

- TEOG

- BM (during Halloween / promo single)

- MTN

- Scheiße (promo single)

- Judas

- Heavy Metal Lover

39 minutes ago, illbekind said:

Easter was not the reason Judas flopped. Its just the excuse LMs use to hide the fact that the public didn't respond well to it. There was no big controversy, and the only audiences anything to do with this would have been people who never listened to Gaga in the first place.. It didn't get "banned on radio" - that's so dramatic and never happened. 

Before I go any further, let me just say, I LOVE Judas. It's one of my favourite songs. But it's not radio friendly and wasn't new/fresh. I've said this multiple times but the song is a recycled Bad Romance/Poker Face.

Whoah whoah whoah... I'm in love with Judas
Whoahowahh.. Caught in a Bad Romance (BR)

Judas, Jud-ahh, Judas Gaga
Rah rah ah ah ah, Gaga oo La la (BR)

When he comes to me I am ready
I wanna hold em like they do in Texas please (PF)

Whoahwoah..I'll bring him down bring him down down
Oh, oh oh oh oh. I'll get him hot show him what I've got (PF)

I'm just a holy fool, oh baby it's so cruel, but I'm still in love with Judas baby
I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me could write a Bad Romance (BR)

In the most biblical sense, I am beyond repetence..
I won't tell you that I love you kiss or hug you.. (PF)/Walk walk fashion baby (BR)

I wanna love you, but something's holding me away from you
I want your love, and I want your revenge, I want your love, I don't wanna be friends (BR)

For all the BTW stans still wondering why Scheisse was never released as a single, this is clearly the same reason! It's literally a replica of Bad Romance.

I think its okay to say that a Gaga song didn't do well and be fine with that. Of course Judas makes this a bit harder to swallow after a string of massive hits.. but it was Gaga's first manufactured song and it didn't work.

Amen and amen to @DonnieDarko too! The was no controversy. One of my favs regardless of it performance or being a bit recycled though.

tomsches

I don't Think most people even know what Judas has to do with Easter so it would have underperformed anyway 

illbekind

You can tell its recycled by just how poorly the lyrics are written. Judas has some of the worst lyrics on Born This Way, let alone her entire discography. It was like she tried to fit certain things into a pattern. The chorus uses 'baby' twice in one verse.

Still love the **** out of it though,

Florian

A lot of you blame Judas for Gaga's mainstream downfall but I'd argue that the real reason was BTW the single and the way too heavy promo where Gaga lowkey alienated the GP. 

It was that time when it clearly became too gay to listen to Lady Gaga and the fragile straight audience tried to avoid her as much as possible.

Not to mention that Judas was smashing (not a #1 but still) in other parts of the World that aren't the US

Eggsy

Judas is the one song people i know that hate gaga at least love that song and video.. 

Tom Nook

Ok but Judas release around Easter is so perfect and oddly satisfying and the GP was already divisive with her for a while so :lana:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, Florian said:

A lot of you blame Judas for Gaga's mainstream downfall but I'd argue that the real reason was BTW the single and the way too heavy promo were Gaga lowkey alienated the GP. 

It was that time when it clearly became too gay to listen to Lady Gaga and the fragile straight audience tried to avoid her as much as possible.

Not to mention that Judas was smashing (not a #1 but still) in other parts of the World that aren't the US

It was #1 in South Korea

Also, Thank You! While You and I didn't peak #1 anywhere...

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, illbekind said:

You can tell its recycled by just how poorly the lyrics are written. Judas has some of the worst lyrics on Born This Way, let alone her entire discography. It was like she tried to fit certain things into a pattern. The chorus uses 'baby' twice in one verse.

Still love the **** out of it though,

Bad Romance did that too..

Lord Temptation

Judas was never intended to be a single.

Gaga’s plan was

1) Marry the Night

2) Born This Way

3) ScheiSe

4) Edge of Glory

Judas fits perfectly well on the album but definitely not as a single. Her label just wanted controversy, they didn’t care how well it did or not.

androiduser

there was literally no Judas controversy except the fact that it wasn't the right second single

Widows Kiss

Judas as a single was fine but releasing it after BTW and on easter was simply a terrible decision. The sinlges should have been something like TEOG, MTN, Judas, Y&I (USA) & BM (everywhere else), BTW.

Pietro
1 hour ago, Eggsy said:

Judas is the one song people i know that hate gaga at least love that song and video.. 

TRUE. I live in Argentina and here it was a HUGE hit. Everyone knows it and loves it. 

Archived