you just compared tho

5b1066995a273_Sintitulo-6.thumb.jpg.0e3a

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

I think they're hard to compare.

I love Lana Del Rey's writing, she's great at painting a picture and putting you in a place.  Gaga creates these gigantic pop anthems.

Both are great and two of my favourite artists.

SFDMQ

Gaga is more creative. Lana is more deep. I guess you're a sentimental person that's why you prefer Lana

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, doppelganger said:

Gaga is nowhere close to being the best lyricist. But would argue she’s one of the best pop songwriter in a long time. Her melodies are top notch. 

This. Her ear for melody, songcraft, and weaving various genres and influences together more than makes up for her shortcomings as a lyricist, although Joanne was on very solid ground there too.

monster4life231

I feel like if Gaga did deep and emotional songs (Joanne, Angel Down), people would just criticise her and want her pop music and lyrics back. Then they’d call her a flop and unoriginal.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Babel
41 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

you just compared tho

5b1066995a273_Sintitulo-6.thumb.jpg.0e3a

Well duh 

to prove a point of how unnecessary it is 

geopang

I agree. But I also think Gaga can be just as good if she really wanted to (ex. Princess Die).

PlastiscGuy

I agree and disagree at the same time. Like someone said, Lana has more freedom in her writing, plus it's been her kind of style since she became famous (even some demos pre-Lana), so she can show more of her talent.

Gaga is a great songwriter as well, but she doesn't really have much power to show hers (as we've seen a lot of times) 

That's why I want Gaga to go more Alternative/Folk/Blues. Gaga can serve bops, true. But I rather to hear songs I can relate to, songs that touch my heart and soul and not songs that makes me wanna just dance (:sis:) and that's all.

I wish we could get a Lana x Gaga song soon. They're literally my favorite artists ever.

PG.

GypsyBabe

They are very very different in my opinion...so I hesitate to compare them. Lana is a really good lyric writer and has a great poetry to her words. But Gaga is better melodically. Structurally Gaga is superior, but I like Lana a lot and enjoy her songwriting too. 

I also find Gaga’s lyrics to be somewhat of an adventure. There is deep meaning behind a lot of her songs, but dressed up as something else. It makes her exciting and clever. Lana is very straightforward. 

⚯͛

LGMonster95
2 hours ago, A Hybrid said:

Well duh, Gaga is just a bland lyric-writer.

Alex Turner / Miles Kane / Lana Del Rey trio is the way to go if you wanna think about the lyrics, I mostly prefer Alex’s though.

An artist shouldn’t care about anyone else, though. I’m well aware that Gaga is mainstream, but she chose to be. If she doesn’t show her best, we have to judge from the things we see.

Even like how she is currently Gaga is still one of the best songwriters without a doubt, she doesn't have the Contemporary Icon Award for nothing and her music and lyrics are diverse. She deserves that award alone just for writing one of the most important albums of this century (Born This Way) 

PopThatArt

nope nope and nope. 

Lana's songwriting is very repetitive, most of her songs are all about the same thing, there really isnt anything creative or memorable about her writing. A lot of her writing is actually just cliched statements that millennials think are something new but have been around for decades. Her lyrics are very boring to me.   

Go see A Star is Born

Maleficent

Pop lyricists: Madonna>>Lana>>>>Gaga (but Gagas melodies are often better than both) 

JazzGa

I agree but Gaga's a much stronger live performer, plays piano, and her voice is 10x bigger. That's why I love both of them, because they are talented in different ways. (I have lots of hope for Lana improving her vocals and maybe learning a performance routine on an instrument too, it seems like she has been gaining confidence with every album release)

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

JazzGa

I think Sinner's Prayer has some of Gaga's most interesting lyrics. Intriguing metaphors and personifications with double meanings, easy to make multiple interpretations. But I wonder how much of that was Gaga's solo writing and how much Father John Misty and Mark Ronson guided/altered it, because it is quite different than her typical balladry. Speechless, You and I, Princess Die, Brown Eyes, etc. all have Gaga's stamp all over them, and I have no doubts that she wrote those songs herself with only minor changes from other musicians... but Sinner's Prayer is very different.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived