Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lana Del Rey is a better writer than Gaga

Blond

Featured Posts

Blond

I genuinely think Lana's lyrics are deeper,stronger and more diverse than Gaga's. 

:pray: Don't get me wrong,Gaga's lyrics are metaphorical and describable,but Lana Del Rey's lyrics are just masterpieces. 

Anyone else agrees? :huh:

Also don't tell me they write about different things,you can still judge songs by their depth and ability they were written with :shrug:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

( don't sad me :air:)

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRANK1991

I don't know about Lana's lyrics but yeah Gaga's lyrics can be a bit :oops: sometimes

but if Lana's melodies were as good as Gaga's I would've been listening to her already so :ohwell: (plus I prefer Gaga's voice)

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

FfFfFfFF

They are totally different types of writers. Gaga's lyrics are rather flow-oriented since a o lot of her music is upbeat and a lot of the lyrics are strange because of her persona while Lana's music (which is much slower) matches romantic and meditative lyrics. It's really not comparable.

evil sheep

don't forget about beautiful lyrics of Cola

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry

Widows Kiss

Agreed based on their discographies. Lana has more freedom because she isn't mainstream anymore. I'm sure Gaga is just as capable of writing deeper and more artistic lyrics. :selena:

doppelganger

Gaga is nowhere close to being the best lyricist. But would argue she’s one of the best pop songwriter in a long time. Her melodies are top notch. 

The Bling

My *** tastes like pepsi cola >>>>>>

Spoiler

I agree btw :nooo: Fine China >>> everything

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

mucinex

Well, duh

P-p-p-poker face

Papa-papa-razzi 

A P P L A U S E

Mama-papapa-perfect illusion 

M-m-m-monster 

:lolga:

Helxig

Gaga does have some absolute lyrical gems in her music, that's for sure, but I would love to see her get really poetic like Lana and Lorde in a few new songs.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

'Writing' music refers to the lyrical and melodic content of the song.

IMO, Lana > Gaga lyrically but Gaga > Lana melodically. They're in different ballparks either way so it doesn't really make sense to compare.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Widows Kiss
2 minutes ago, Matt Amor said:

Mama-papapa-perfect illusion 

That's not her lyrics though :ohwell:

mucinex
Just now, Widows Kiss said:

That's not her lyrics though :ohwell:

Spoiler

:ladyhaha: 

That part was a joke 

And the whole thing kinda a joke, cause of course Gaga does have some amazing lyrics and choruses. Though I do think lana is a better writer than her. 

Gagadonna

I agree. I always say that Gaga is my favourite artist in general, but Lana Del Rey is my favourite singer/songwriter. Her songs speak to me on an incomparable level, and she is better at making feel things as far as I'm concerned. 

xoxo Craig

That's why Gaga is in the songwriters Hall of Fame and won an award... though Lana is nowhere to be seen :lana:

Don't get me wrong, Gaga isn't the best songwriter, but from what I've heard Gaga is better than Lana. Both vocally and lyrically

End Racism Now

Archived