Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lana Del Rey is a better writer than Gaga

Blond

Featured Posts

BloodyM

I think Gaga is capable of being the better writer or lets say an equally good writer but I feel like her music doesn't allow that. And that's why I was disappointed with Joanne as an album. I think she could have done better lyrically. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LGMonster95

They're totally different type of artists, you can't compare them, I'm more than sure that Gaga could also go deep on her music if fans or her label wont push her to create mainstream music for the charts. You can't really compare untill you see the absolute best of the artist 

A Hybrid

Well duh, Gaga is just a bland lyric-writer.

Alex Turner / Miles Kane / Lana Del Rey trio is the way to go if you wanna think about the lyrics, I mostly prefer Alex’s though.

4 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

They're totally different type of artists, you can't compare them, I'm more than sure that Gaga could also go deep on her music if fans or her label wont push her to create mainstream music for the charts. You can't really compare untill you see the absolute best of the artist 

An artist shouldn’t care about anyone else, though. I’m well aware that Gaga is mainstream, but she chose to be. If she doesn’t show her best, we have to judge from the things we see.

No family’s safe when I sashay

FRANK1991
18 minutes ago, Matt Amor said:

Well, duh

P-p-p-poker face

Papa-papa-razzi 

A P P L A U S E

Mama-papapa-perfect illusion 

M-m-m-monster 

:lolga:

the best part of Heavy Metal Lover "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohohoh HEAVY METAL LAVAR!"

the best part of Scheisse  "oh oh oh oh without the scheisse yeah oh oh oh oh!"

the best I say!  :trollga:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

AlexanderMagno

True. Both have 4 albums (well, Gaga has 5, if you count TFM) and over the years Lana has proven herself as the better songwriter. She's the most consistent and even Gaga's best efforts are at the same level of Lana's lyrics.

Blond
Just now, FRANK1991 said:

the best part of Heavy Metal Lover "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohohoh HEAVY METAL LAVAR!"

the best part of Scheisse  "oh oh oh oh without the scheisse yeah oh oh oh oh!"

the best I say!  :trollga:

DONT YOU KNOW MY ASS IS FAMOUS

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola

Lyrically, maybe sometimes.

Lana doesn't have such huge musical talent though, she's an amazing poet.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Suspiria
35 minutes ago, Blond said:

I genuinely think Lana's lyrics are deeper,stronger and more diverse than Gaga's. 

:pray: Don't get me wrong,Gaga's lyrics are metaphorical and describable,but Lana Del Rey's lyrics are just masterpieces. 

Anyone else agrees? :huh:

Also don't tell me they write about different things,you can still judge songs by their depth and ability they were written with :shrug:

Lol. Most of Lana's songs have basically the same lyrics...

I'm a huge Lana fan, she's my second fave after Gaga, but my 1 gripe with her is that she really needs to stop reusing the same themes on every album. Just general heartbreak/love songs all the time gets a bit boring, even if some of the lyrics are pretty beautiful (Bel Air and Honeymoon are probably the most poetic IMO).

I think she definitely stepped it up in terms of thematic variety on Lust For Life, but overall the quality of writing took a sharp nosedive. "Take off all your clothes (x1000)". Groupie Love and Coachella are just amateur sounding messes.

Chickens in Malibu

Both are of the same level I think. Gaga had some strong songwriting especially in You & I and Edge of Glory & Marry The Night. BTW album is Gaga's peak of songwriting. Even Queen had better lyrics than most of the songs on her recent albums.

I personally feel Gaga is lacking inspiration or something. Lyrics-wise, we haven't seen the best of her in a while. Hopefully we will with LG6. Same goes for Taylor Swift...

Both don't compare with Sia though.. Sia has served great lyrics at almost all times. Even her dance record Cheap Thrills had good lyrics lol

Andreu

Gaga is better at making rhythm oriented lyrics

Lana is better at telling stories and creating a scene

Guest Adarsh

I respectfully disagree. Lana is a brilliant songwriter but so is Gaga, and her songs are far more diverse than Lana. :)

brucee

i understand why you compare the two, because they're from the same school of writing, but one must not forget the masterpieces gaga achieved, her sense of fun, subtle meanings, surrealism and metaphor that has the power to transcend sadness into joy. Maybe she's gone further into poetry, but I would join Warrior King to say that in the end of the day one is not better than the other. 

to me "I'll fix you with my Love" is one of the strongest love statement I've heard these last years... 

hello hello baby.

Emigrante

Lana is a great songwriter but why you compare them both? You can enjoy one without putting down the other. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Babel

And Lady Gaga is better than Lana del Rey at literally anything else 

what’s the point of comparing? 

Archived